HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

guys that didn't get moved at the deadline on Draft day.

Old
03-02-2011, 04:52 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

vCash: 500
guys that didn't get moved at the deadline on Draft day.

Several guys that we expected to be moved at the deadline that weren't, guys like JM liles, Ales Hemsky, David Booth, Weiss etc so what I want to know is what will their value be on draft day?

for me it depends on the guy. For example I think Liles value could drop due to the amount of quality offensive d men set to hit UFA like Markov, Pitkenan Wisnewski, and others I don't see teams willing to pay a huge price for liles when they can sign a quality d man without dealing assets.

in the case of a guy like Hemsky however his value IMO has gone up because there is no real top line wingers set to hit UFA unless you consider Gagne a top line winger.

as for a guy like Weiss Richards is likely to hit UFA and there are likely to be better guys on the trade block then weiss so his value IMO has dropped.

Whjat do you think? whats the value of the guys that weren't moved at the deadline on draft day.

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
zeus3007*

I think Hemsky not being dealt, and saying that they recieved no offers that even made them consider trading him, shows that the Oilers managment considers him an elite talent and he would need an elite level return. Regardless of what other gm's think, that is Hemsky's value now, as set by the team who he is under contract too. The same may be said of Weiss in Florida.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I agree with Zeus and I think Edmonton isn't going to get the return the fans want unless teams are trading for Hemsky with a negotiated contract extension... in which case his price would be sky high.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Kid Canesten

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I agree with Zeus and I think Edmonton isn't going to get the return the fans want unless teams are trading for Hemsky with a negotiated contract extension... in which case his price would be sky high.
i totally agree with your quote, but in the end, its the return that management wants, not the fans.

Kid Canesten is offline   Reply With Quote