HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

erik cole

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 09:27 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

vCash: 500
erik cole

what is his role and value to canes fans

would a buffalo offer of pyatt, afinogenov, 13th overall pick in '05 for cole and mid round pick be reasonable?

Old
07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
snakepliskin

grittiest player we have and a big fan favorite--doubtful trade bait

Old
07-25-2005, 09:53 PM
bleedgreen

i agree with snake - highly unlikely to be moved. have to say though, thats a good offer. most would debate the value of those two, but i think they can both still turn out to be great players, and pyatt could end up developing late ala bertuzzi - though i know most would doubt it. add the 13th pick, which could be a solid dman (parent), or a tricky forward (zagrapan,bergfors). throw it all together and its a pretty good package for cole, especially if he doesnt seem to want to be here anymore.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:18 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Personally, i'd take this deal in a minute. As much as we love Cole, that package is too much to resist. I've always been high on Taylor Pyatt's upside and potential to reach it, and even if he doesn't he has the speed to at least be another 3rd line player.

Old
07-26-2005, 10:24 AM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Personally, i'd take this deal in a minute.

I agree. Pyatt and Cole are on even footing with me......Pyatt's potential v. what has Cole shown. Afinogenov could be a nice change of pace player with all of these new rules changes as long as he doesn't get worn down, something I think he has a problem with. Throw on the 13th pick on top..... Ok, I'm down. Where do I sign?

-Rutherford

Old
07-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Obi Wan LaRosie

Send a message via AIM to Obi Wan LaRosie Send a message via Yahoo to Obi Wan LaRosie
I would have to disagree with the last two postings. I would not want Cole to go anywhere at this point, especially with the new rules in place. I think his speed is underrated, and he is going to be very useful in this new NHL system. Assuming they actually DO enforce the no clutching and grabbing, and we are left with a wide open game, I think his speed and open ice hitting ability will be very exciting. Not to mention he is 25-26 and will be the Captain here soon and a player rep for years to come, I think he is an invaluable assett to this organization.

However, I do like Pyatt and Afinogenov as players. Just not sold on their "All-around" as much as I am in cole.

Old
07-26-2005, 04:54 PM
snakepliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
i agree with snake - highly unlikely to be moved. have to say though, thats a good offer. most would debate the value of those two, but i think they can both still turn out to be great players, and pyatt could end up developing late ala bertuzzi - though i know most would doubt it. add the 13th pick, which could be a solid dman (parent), or a tricky forward (zagrapan,bergfors). throw it all together and its a pretty good package for cole, especially if he doesnt seem to want to be here anymore.
i've never heard any comment about cole being unhappy in carolina. just the opposite, he11 cole and the gov have some pretty close ties

Old
07-26-2005, 06:38 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakepliskin
i've never heard any comment about cole being unhappy in carolina. just the opposite, he11 cole and the gov have some pretty close ties
well, i read in the season ending article last season that there was a rift between lavi and cole over his use and at one point trading him was considered. hopefully his play under lavi in the wc's is an indication thats all behind them. i also think of cole as a staunch pa guy who might not be overjoyed having possibly the most outspoken hawkish management/ownership above him. i was personally shocked when i read the article implying trading him was even an option, but it was there....i wouldnt put anything past jr. if cole was outspoken or unhappy with the lockout, or the lavi thing hasnt been totally smoothed over (unlikely), jr would move him im sure. not that im at all for it, i think he is due for a big year - i think the year abroad really helped him get his hands back, he was awesome in the wc...but that was a good offer from the buffalo fan.

Old
07-27-2005, 05:58 PM
snakepliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen
well, i read in the season ending article last season that there was a rift between lavi and cole over his use and at one point trading him was considered. hopefully his play under lavi in the wc's is an indication thats all behind them. i also think of cole as a staunch pa guy who might not be overjoyed having possibly the most outspoken hawkish management/ownership above him. i was personally shocked when i read the article implying trading him was even an option, but it was there....i wouldnt put anything past jr. if cole was outspoken or unhappy with the lockout, or the lavi thing hasnt been totally smoothed over (unlikely), jr would move him im sure. not that im at all for it, i think he is due for a big year - i think the year abroad really helped him get his hands back, he was awesome in the wc...but that was a good offer from the buffalo fan.
IMHO if there is a rift between lavi and cole i would rather see lavi traded

Closed Thread