HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros contract negotiations story

Old
03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Beastieboy

vCash: 500
Lindros contract negotiations story

A buddy of mine sent me this link today... interview with sports lawyer Gordon Kirke. At the 17 minute mark he describes contract negotiations with Clarke and Snider over Lindros... sounds a bit over the top. He claims Clarkie was in tears and Snider was irate. WTF.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...01_153617_6416

I didn't listen to much else in the interview...

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Yukon Cornelius
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

I heard this earlier this week and this is total horse *****. The Greg Brady show brings on Kirke all the time and his segments are all similar to this one: sensational, exaggerated and narcissistic recounts of his legacy as furthering the salary structure of the PA. With TSN's new sports radio station about to launch, these hacks are simply trying to build an audience on a story that the Flyers or any other team wouldn't even bother to comment on.

Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:50 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
I heard this earlier this week and this is total horse *****. The Greg Brady show brings on Kirke all the time and his segments are all similar to this one: sensational, exaggerated and narcissistic recounts of his legacy as furthering the salary structure of the PA. With TSN's new sports radio station about to launch, these hacks are simply trying to build an audience on a story that the Flyers or any other team wouldn't even bother to comment on.
The Fan is just brutal right now. They brought Andrew Krystal back in the 1 pm slot this week and someone on the Leafs' forum said he and some of his friends were going to call in today and rip him. I saw this after the fact but heard one guy flipping out on him. I can't listen to him at all, he has no knowledge of hockey and just tries to shock people.

I like Brady in the morning slot with Jim Lang, I believe it is, but McCown's show needs to be back in the 4-7 slot instead of 3-6. He's really been getting on my nerves as well, always ripping Brunt like he used to do to Jim Kelley. He doesn't do that with Damien Cox too much because Cox doesn't allow him to.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Beastieboy

Yeah, from what I heard of this interview it was just these two clowns patting each other on the back, though there was one funny Doug MacLean bit about negotiations on Rick Nash.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:30 AM
lancer247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastieboy View Post
A buddy of mine sent me this link today... interview with sports lawyer Gordon Kirke. At the 17 minute mark he describes contract negotiations with Clarke and Snider over Lindros... sounds a bit over the top. He claims Clarkie was in tears and Snider was irate. WTF.

http://www.fan590.com/ondemand/media...01_153617_6416

I didn't listen to much else in the interview...
which contract? His first?

Clarke is borderline robotic. I can't see him crying.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:28 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Well, Clarke wanted Lindros gone in 2000, and Snider overruled him when Clarke tried to trade Lindros for Primeau.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote