HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do YOU think the Rangers will make the playoffs[3/2/11]

View Poll Results: Do you think the Rangers make the playoffs?
0% - [No Chance] 5 3.47%
25% - [Unlikely] 45 31.25%
50% - [Possibly - 50/50] 54 37.50%
75% - [Most Likely] 33 22.92%
100% - [Definitely] 7 4.86%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-03-2011, 11:54 AM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I can see us falling behind the Devils but not the whole group of teams in front of them. Buffalo and Carolina will play well enough to keep their spots. We either beat them out or not but the Devils will not catch those two teams. They are not making the playoffs; and probably neither are we.
I dunno, they are just 7 points behind Buffalo and the Devils have been the hottest team since 01/01/11

18 wins 8 losses (2 OTL's)

26 games played 38 of a possible 52 points

Making up 7-10 points on Buf/CAR/NYR is more than reachable.

And the hockey fan in me would both love and hate to see this happen.

That would be some turnaround.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
No, but having the Rangers not make it and having the ****** devils make it after what happened this season would kill me.

i concur!

good thing the debs dug themselves too deep of a hole, same goes for the piles who right now are also a better team the rangers...sad sad state of affairs...

i voted not a chance, thankfully we wont have to deal with a do or die situation again this season since they'll drop out in horrific fashion over the next 2 weeks. que the music folks.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:11 PM
GarretJoseph*

I'm going to the game tonight & I can honestly say that If I don't see some kinda turn around tonight vs Minnesota, I won't be attending another game this season. I'm not going to waste my hard earned money any more.

Rangers are in a funk and yes, you get a pass for that but this funk now has spread through out the line up, up and down from the first line to the 4th, sure you can blame injuries (my mets have been doing that for a few years now and I canceled my tickets with them too) but honestly, this team CAN'T buy a goal. We got good d, a great goalie, perhaps the hardest working team in the NHL, a young squad but at the same time we don't have any elite scoring talent outside Gaborik & Wolski who both have sucked this season. Gaborik is injured, perhaps he was playing injured, who knows, whatever. He's not even on the cards anymore but Wolski has just been not the skilled hyped player I thought we had landed.

Dubinsky needs to step up as does Callahan, they are not 19, 20, 21 years of age anymore. Dubinsky is 24 years old (25 in April), he's coming into his prime really fast and I just don't see the top end talent a lot of people had him scratched in for.

Callahan is already 25 and will be 26 in March, I really thought this was the year he becomes a 30 goal scorer but I guess not. I don't see him getting more than 25, if that at all. Which leaves him at the same pace as the last two seasons (19G, 22G)... I just don't see any more improvement in our skaters. Is Dubinsky and Callahan just REALLY REALLY great 3rd liners, decent 2nd liners? Or do they really have potential to be 1st liners? All this hype about our youth is paying off to a degree (especially on the back end except for Del Zotto) but there comes a point in time where perhaps that youth isn't as good as we all thought they would become.

I'll sit back wait for us to dump Drury and bring Richards in before I go to another game because that's exactly what this team needs, TOP SHELF TALENT. We have the heart, we have the energy, we have players that would die for Torts and each other, but we DON'T have that top skilled player that can bring us another level. Richards is that player.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Well, luckily the rest of the East outside of the Devils has been doo doo for the past couple months. So if the Rangers can regain some consistency, then I think they should make it.

50%.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 50
I voted 75%. I'm confident they will be able to string together some wins during March.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:10 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Callahan is already 25 and will be 26 in March, I really thought this was the year he becomes a 30 goal scorer but I guess not.
Calli has only played 45 games this year and plays his tail off every game...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote