HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hejduk and Tanguay for...

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 08:32 PM
Colorado Avalanche

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakepliskin
we have the #3 pick how bout it and next years #1 for tanguay and hejduk?

Tanguay and Hejduk can both put up +70 points in a year.. For two maybe NHL:ers... You gotta give some more..

Old
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
The ONLY reason to let either Tanguay or Hejduk go would be to make room under the cap, so we could keep Forsberg and Foote.

So trading one for future picks wouldn't be a terrible idea, if we have to let one go.

Old
07-25-2005, 11:20 PM
RoyIsALegend*

I think it may come down to _only_ trading Milan Hejduk at $4.33 M as opposed to moving him AND Alex Tanguay who is at $3.42 M.

The $4.33 M of Hejduk plus the $3 M available plus the $3.15 M of letting Lappy, Gratton and Boughner go = $10.48 M to sign both of Forsberg and Foote.

Old
07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I think it may come down to _only_ trading Milan Hejduk at $4.33 M as opposed to moving him AND Alex Tanguay who is at $3.42 M.

The $4.33 M of Hejduk plus the $3 M available plus the $3.15 M of letting Lappy, Gratton and Boughner go = $10.48 M to sign both of Forsberg and Foote.
But for those three players released, there are also three roster spots open which will be filled by players with a minimum salary of .5 M. My 4 M cap figure also includes buying out Gratton. So that leaves 8-9 M to keep Forsberg and Foote...which is clearly not enough given how high their salary demands are. This only works if Hejduk and Tanguay are both traded.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:42 AM
TylerT

I personally think that montreal would be interested in Tanguay alone, not too sure what type of return you're lookin for, possibly somethin centered around Chris Higgins or Andrei Kostsitsyn. I left Perezhogin off the trading block because I feel his value is at a low with his suspension, as well I'm quite high on him and think he should be a keeper.

What do you guys think montreal would need to give up to get tanguay??

Old
07-26-2005, 07:03 AM
Rowley Birkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

I agree. No way do the Avs move both of them.

What would the Avs be looking to get for him, do you think?

Old
07-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
But for those three players released, there are also three roster spots open which will be filled by players with a minimum salary of .5 M. My 4 M cap figure also includes buying out Gratton. So that leaves 8-9 M to keep Forsberg and Foote...which is clearly not enough given how high their salary demands are. This only works if Hejduk and Tanguay are both traded.
Nonsense. Forsberg has already stated that he will take a considerable paycut to make it work in Colorado. Foote has never demanded what he's worth, and I believe he would be willing to work with Lacroix. 9 mil is certainly enough for Foppa and Footer. I wouldn't be too surprised if Lacroix found a way to keep Hejduk, too.
(But I'm not betting on it...)

Closed Thread