HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Will the leafs make their buy outs tomorrow?

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Rusty Shackleford
Leafs Nation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
We will buy out EVERYONE except Sundin, Tucker, and Kabs and then build a SUPER-MUTANT-NINJA UFA MEGA SQUAD!!!

YAY!!!

Old
07-25-2005, 07:50 PM
EdBelfour20

Eddie aint going nowhere.

Old
07-25-2005, 09:03 PM
wasting time

If it were said that JFJ is about to buy out 1 player, excluding Nolan, my bet would be McCabe. He is making close to $4 million, and man is he ever not worth that. He is the most overpaid for what he contributes on the entire Leaf roster right now.

Old
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Richard Peddie was on the Fan 590 today for and interview ..

he gave Fergy a vote of confidence and said he is a smart guy and picking up this new CBA quickly ..

He also mentioned that the MLSE board have give Fergy to do anything with buyouts he sees fits .. at the very end he even tagged on that Mats has been a good captain and Leader for the Leafs, and his salary is fairly large in this new World .......but ....... Fergy can buy out anyone or everyone he wants and take the team in the best direction he sees fit and has our support to do that ..

Yikes !! ..

He wouldn't buy out Mats would he ??

Old
07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger

he gave Fergy a vote of confidence and said he is a smart guy and picking up this new CBA quickly ..

He also mentioned that the MLSE board have give Fergy to do anything with buyouts he sees fits .. at the very end he even tagged on that Mats has been a good captain and Leader for the Leafs, and his salary is fairly large in this new World .......but ....... Fergy can buy out anyone or everyone he wants and take the team in the best direction he sees fit and has our support to do that ..

Yikes !! ..

yah, I heard the same thing. Knowing Peddie for the snake that he is, he is publicly saying that everything is up to JFJ -- 100% his team. Then, if things start not to go well, Peddie will use the opportunity to exert his own pathetic and incompetent influence. Never turn your back when Peddie is down the hall.

Old
07-25-2005, 10:59 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger

Yikes !! ..

Out: Belfour, Sundin, McCabe, Nolan, Klee

In: Forsberg, Naslund, Khabi, Nieds, Rafalski

Old
07-25-2005, 11:03 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMan313
Wow, I like you're formula.
And I thought math was hard.

Old
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
Nolan, Klee yes, Belfour Noooooo.

If Cujo wants to come and play here for equal amount as Belfour, then yes to Belfour. I wouldn't dump him and rely on Telly.

Old
07-25-2005, 11:12 PM
equipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by think/blue
It'll be interesting to see what happens with Roberts and Nieuwendyk...do you lock them up this week while you hold their negotiating rights or wait until August 1st to see what else is out there? Ferguson already met with their agent...gotta wonder if a decision has been made there.
I want to keep them both for one season. Hopefully they won't demand a huge salary. Under $4mill for the both of them and I'll be happy.

Old
07-25-2005, 11:16 PM
Pulfy14

Quote:
We will buy out EVERYONE except Sundin, Tucker, and Kabs and then build a SUPER-MUTANT-NINJA UFA MEGA SQUAD!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOO not stajan

Old
07-26-2005, 08:35 AM
mogilny_2002

Quote:

haha i dont know why i found that so funny, but i did..well done for makin me laugh out loud at work!

Old
07-26-2005, 08:53 AM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot
i want to add Tucker to my list, you can for sure get a better player for equal or less then 1.5

Don't say such a bold statement until you have 200+ posts.

Closed Thread