HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wild 3 - Rangers 1

View Poll Results: Best Player Tonight?
Sean Avery 15 33.33%
Derek Stepan 10 22.22%
Other 20 44.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-03-2011, 09:48 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post

Well, Montreal finally won the Gomez trade after all.

Touche my friend.

92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
what is the crap behind the net that they do constantly? do they actually work on this? this is an offensive system? I mean it is offensive, but I have to laugh every time they enter O-zone. they cycle behind the net and pass to no one or just lose.

torts just stands there as if his work this season is done.
Ive been saying this to myself for a long time now. How do you score a goal with 3 guys behing the goal line? And if there is someone in front of the net while the sword fight is going on behind it, they are a whole 3 INCHES away from the goalie with NO room to have any sort of a chance of getting a pass.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
It's very, very hard.

I can't do it anymore, honestly.

It was actually the Jets losing the AFC Championship again that pushed me over the edge. I'm no longer content with "being on the right path," or whatever silly phrase we use to blunt the fact that we've been crap for the last decade. Just done with it.
EPIC ****ING THIS TIMES ONE BILLION

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
It's very, very hard.

It was actually the Jets losing the AFC Championship again that pushed me over the edge. I'm no longer content with "being on the right path," or whatever silly phrase we use to blunt the fact that we've been crap for the last decade. Just done with it.
Oh come on... That's an insult to the Jets. This crap we see from the Rangers is beyond frustrating and I'll take the Jets getting to the championship game for 3 more seasons before I deal with this **** from the Rangers.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:49 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I'm trying to make believe that this team started the season crappy and has fought its way back to 8th place.

But it doesnt work.

There has to be accountability. My list for the blame game:

1) Tortarella -- This one is easy. When you have a double-digit point advantage disappear in three weeks, the moves youre makling are obviously not working. If Tom Renney got fired for not getting results, so too should Torts

2) Gaborik -- He's disgusted me this season. We all dreaded the injury history when he signed here. On top of being hurt half the season, he's also shown to be lazy and disinterested at times.

3) Drury -- Solely for cap reasons. Guy should retire. His reputation as a winner is dead.

4) Lundqvist -- Somebody was saying he wasnt on pace for his worst season ever. Want to make that bet again? He's been far from Superman. Very pedestrian this season.

5) Power play -- see Gaborik. Gaborik's struggles mean Del Zotto struggled. MDZ struggled means nothing works. It took five months for the power play to look decent, only to look like crap again

I've said this a million times. You cant blame Dubinsky and Callahan or Gilroy or even MZA.
Those guys are support guys. Dubinsky isnt a 1st-line winger. They are support pieces for when Gaborik gets shut down, which rarely happened last season.

Gaborik is supposed to be the igniter. Drury is supposed to be the backbone. Henrik is supposed to be the savior in case the other two fail.

All three have been bad this season. That's also 20-plus million in cap space.

If all three were average this season, we'd be 15 points up on a playoff spot.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Anderson

take out the 6-0 wash win, and the 5-3 pitt win, rangers gpg since feb 1st in 1.75, with those 2, its around 2.28

i blame lundqvist

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:50 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
take out the 6-0 wash win, and the 5-3 pitt win, rangers gpg since feb 1st in 1.75, with those 2, its around 2.28

i blame lundqvist
How can you blame Lundqvist for having a GPG of 2.28?

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Can't wait to hear Torts say: "Theodore this, Theodore that."

Broken ****ing record

Yeah, Torts and Sam and Joe make it sound like the team is fine but the opposing goaltender is stealing every game.

When he kept saying "We couldn't solve Miller" after last game I just rolled my eyes. We seemed to have solved him pretty well considering how many wide open net chances we got. Almost any other team wins that game and this one.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Henrik needs to play better. I'm sorry, he just does. You can give me the crap about "he had no chance on that one" and yada yada, but it doesn't matter.

How many quality scoring chances did Minny have tonight? How many did they score on?

Exactly.

There can be fingers pointed in every direction, but one needs to be planted directly in Henrik's mug.

Get better, Hank. Fast.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Savvy Lee View Post
I'm trying to make believe that this team started the season crappy and has fought its way back to 8th place.

But it doesnt work.

There has to be accountability. My list for the blame game:

1) Tortarella -- This one is easy. When you have a double-digit point advantage disappear in three weeks, the moves youre makling are obviously not working. If Tom Renney got fired for not getting results, so too should Torts

2) Gaborik -- He's disgusted me this season. We all dreaded the injury history when he signed here. On top of being hurt half the season, he's also shown to be lazy and disinterested at times.

3) Drury -- Solely for cap reasons. Guy should retire. His reputation as a winner is dead.

4) Lundqvist -- Somebody was saying he wasnt on pace for his worst season ever. Want to make that bet again? He's been far from Superman. Very pedestrian this season.

5) Power play -- see Gaborik. Gaborik's struggles mean Del Zotto struggled. MDZ struggled means nothing works. It took five months for the power play to look decent, only to look like crap again

I've said this a million times. You cant blame Dubinsky and Callahan or Gilroy or even MZA.
Those guys are support guys. Dubinsky isnt a 1st-line winger. They are support pieces for when Gaborik gets shut down, which rarely happened last season.

Gaborik is supposed to be the igniter. Drury is supposed to be the backbone. Henrik is supposed to be the savior in case the other two fail.

All three have been bad this season. That's also 20-plus million in cap space.

If all three were average this season, we'd be 15 points up on a playoff spot.
The real guy to blame for all 5...

1)Sather
2)Slats
3)Mr. Glen Sather
4)Momma Sather's baby boy
5)The GM

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
How they both wasted their chances is ****ing unreal. The turning point of the game was the flubbed 2-on-1.

It's ridiculous.
It happens all the time too.

INEXCUSABLE to miss as much as these guys do.

I love them, but its fact that these guys are gunna be overpaid when they sign in the summer.

Dubi isnt a 4.5M player.

Fire Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Quote:
It's very, very hard.

I'll take that then.

I am now more powerful than you can ever imagine. Soon, I will take over all of HFBoards, then, the entire internet! Muhahahahahaha!

/cliche

03-03-2011, 09:52 PM
twatson94
Black Hockey Fan

Today is a horrible day for me as a Rangers fan. Buffalo and Carolina have a three point game, Toronto goes into Philly and wins in regulation, and we lose in regulation yet again. Seeing as though we are slumping just as much as Atlanta, Ottawa is probably going to beat us tomorrow due to them beating Atlanta tonight . Plus the fact that we play Philly in MSG on NBC on Sunday at 12:30 and they're gonna come out motivated after losing to Toronto and then possibly losing to Buffalo on Saturday.

twatson94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

FIRE TORTORELLA!

Something has to be done to shake the team up.

The Devils weren't exactly terrible for half the season, but they just weren't winning for whatever reason. They fire MacLean, and next thing you know, they're on fire.

To say the Rangers suck is ignorant. A sucky team goes out and gets outplayed. The Rangers outplay everyone. They outchance everyone. It's just this constant bad luck that's been with them since the start of the year. Normally, teams can play through a tough stretch, but this team actually works harder and has worse results.

What good does "tanking" do? The only way that would even be acceptable is to throw all the chips in, trade Lundqvist for a goalscorer and let the kids develop on Broadway, while losing 6-4 every night.

NCRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

We needed a pure goal scorer tonight. Really badly. Even if we go out and get Richards in the offseason, we are going to need Gaborik scoring goals, and healthy for this team to have success.

If 2011 has taught us anything it is that hard work goes only so far in this league.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
I'll take that then.

I am now more powerful than you can ever imagine. Soon, I will take over all of HFBoards, then, the entire internet! Muhahahahahaha!

/cliche
LOL you were so far behind me, it seems like every one post I make counts for 3 of your posts

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Note to self:

No matter how bad life gets, there is always beer.

NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb1985 View Post
We have been rather atrocious since that trade. If I did the math correctly our record has been 8-14-1 since that day which would have made our record 25-15-3 before Jan 10 2011. Its hard to lay the blame on that trade, or losing Rozy or bringing in Wolski. This team was real good up til the end of December. Thats when the wheels seemingly fell off and if they don't find their bearings soon, its gonna officially be a streak of 2 years out of the playoffs
I appreciate finding the exact record, or what is close to it.

We had a weird balance that seemed to work. Personally I think it's because Rozy is a much better passer than anything we have on the back end. Sometimes you can't have a bunch of north/south guys like we have no, you have to have some players who are different. Rozy pissed people off, but he was our best passer out of the back end. Rozy just had offensive hockey sense.

And I love Staal, actually think he's a top 3 purely defensive player, but his passing and his overall offensive ability is HORRIBLE. His passing and accepting of passing is just painful. And we've wasted so many powerplays watching him be the first pass up ice. It either turns into a grenade for the guy receiving the pass, or just flat out misses him.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Yup, we need Henrik to step it up.

He had no chance on the first two goals, and next to no chance on the third. However, we've seen him make saves before where it appeared he had no chance. At times, he has been great. His season in general, however, has been just mediocre.

For us to succeed the rest of the year, it's pretty clear he is going to have to make "holy ****" saves more regularly.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:53 PM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead777 View Post
The team is too tense.....

They were just talking about Dubinsky saying he has to clear his head that he's thinking too much....

The team is young and im sorry to say they dont have the balls it takes to win at this point in the season.
Dubinsky is a talented hockey player.. No doubt. It seems he is putting pressure on himself to carry this team. This is tough for any young player to carry a team. Great learning experience for Dubinsky right now which will only make him a better player

This is where the team's highest paid players such as Hank and Gaborik (when he gets back) to step up their games and carry this team to the playoffs

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:54 PM
WPGNYRFan

vCash: 954
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRanger View Post
FIRE TORTORELLA!

Something has to be done to shake the team up.

The Devils weren't exactly terrible for half the season, but they just weren't winning for whatever reason. They fire MacLean, and next thing you know, they're on fire.

To say the Rangers suck is ignorant. A sucky team goes out and gets outplayed. The Rangers outplay everyone. They outchance everyone. It's just this constant bad luck that's been with them since the start of the year. Normally, teams can play through a tough stretch, but this team actually works harder and has worse results.

What good does "tanking" do? The only way that would even be acceptable is to throw all the chips in, trade Lundqvist for a goalscorer and let the kids develop on Broadway, while losing 6-4 every night.
Seriously? This is all just, bad luck? Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that one.

WPGNYRFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
I still have to write a review for this....sigh.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Henrik needs to play better. I'm sorry, he just does. You can give me the crap about "he had no chance on that one" and yada yada, but it doesn't matter.

How many quality scoring chances did Minny have tonight? How many did they score on?

Exactly.

There can be fingers pointed in every direction, but one needs to be planted directly in Henrik's mug.

Get better, Hank. Fast.
We can't score dude... I agree that people would have liked Hank to stop 1 or 2 of them, but he's not going to post constant shutouts, and that is what our lack of offense demands right now.

Get the offense fixed because it doesn't matter what Hank does if we are putting up no goals.

Old
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post

i blame lundqvist
Seriously.... the guys only got as many points as Drury... what an offensive bum!

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:55 PM
WeWillWinTonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Jersey Shore in 25 minutes

Amped for that
This

WeWillWinTonight is offline   Reply With Quote