HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH@VAN 3/3/11 The "Raise Your Glass" Edition

Old
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne

vCash: 500
Didnt get to watch the game and am just now found out the score and DAMN IM EXCITED!!! good win, Geofferion with another goal, gorgeous. Couldn't be happier that we shutout the nuck's, especially in their own house.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
havent read the whole thread but in case nobody mentioned it W T F is with the 3 stars???

Luongo?? Furreal?

and tootoo? for the assist but not geoffrion for the goal??
I saw that, but I'll assume it was just ESPN being lame as usual. Our local media gave it to Rinne, Geoffrion, and Hornqvist. The most deserving of anyone on the ice in my opinion

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Roger Explosion

Reading the Vancouver GDT is a real hoot.

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:38 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
No, congratulations are in order for you sir. Might want to get The Guinness Book of World Records on the phone. That may very well be the most back-handed compliments to ever appear in a single post.
I'll get right on that. Glad you liked my post!

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:43 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Predator View Post
Reading the Vancouver GDT is a real hoot.
And a number of people also think trolling in it is a hoot as well.

Just like to take this opportunity to say that the opinions and posts of a select number of idiot Canucks fans do not reflect the beliefs or opinions of the fanbase as a whole, especially the ones who are out of their preteens.

The game however did feature all the passion and excitement of a Mennonite quilting bee.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:47 AM
Liquidfire3240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post

Just like to take this opportunity to say that the opinions and posts of a select number of idiot Canucks fans do not reflect the beliefs or opinions of the fanbase as a whole, especially the ones who are out of their preteens.

The game however did feature all the passion and excitement of a Mennonite quilting bee.
As a Preds fan that had to survive through the recent idiocy between the Columbus boards and here, its sad to see someone go over and try and repeat it, on either board, and I hope it doesnt come off as "all of their fans", it truly is a select few.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:51 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:

Well if you'd scored, it might have made it a little more exciting for you. I think that's on your team, not ours.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:15 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
just keep it simple. skate hard. get the puck in deep, forecheck like madmen, put bodies on the sisters and disrupt their game. Give them time and space they will eat us alive.

and pink is awful
not rocket surgery, as frank wycheck would say, but accurate and effective

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:18 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
As a Preds fan that had to survive through the recent idiocy between the Columbus boards and here, its sad to see someone go over and try and repeat it, on either board, and I hope it doesnt come off as "all of their fans", it truly is a select few.
personally I find it completely bizarre that we are, by virtue of our being here, some of the more passionate fans of a sport in which it is considered a normal part of the game for opposing players to beat the crap out of each other but if a few fans want to get into a little verbal trash talk it is VERBOTEN!!!!

(and to be clear, this is NOT a criticism of the mods, they are just doing what they are tasked with doing... I just wish it wasnt quite so....sterile)

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:28 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

OK< my night is officially made... on of the previously referenced Canuck fans haughtily quoted a Tennessean article that he claimed showed we were going to miss out on revenue sharng this year..

It was by Glennon.(for any non Preds fan reading this Glennon no longer covers the Preds and hasnt all year)

Yep... he quoted an article from last year to make his "point"

Old
03-04-2011, 02:30 AM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
OK< my night is officially made... on of the previously referenced Canuck fans haughtily quoted a Tennessean article that he claimed showed we were going to miss out on revenue sharng this year..

It was by Glennon.

Yep... he quoted an article from last year to make his "point"
I'm just pissed you beat me by a minute getting to that. I was too busy fact checking myself... damnit.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
quat
winsome, loathsome

Send a message via ICQ to quat
Evening Preds' fans. Just going to post my comments from the Canucks game thread board because I'm incensed by the inanity of the comments from a large number of Canucks posters, directed at your team, City and fans.

Congrats on your win this evening, and hope to see your team continue to succeed now and in the future.

Quote:
This thread is an embarrassment to Canuck fans.

The Canucks don't put in the effort required to beat a trapping road team and suddenly Nashville fans are trolls and idiots? It's Canuck fans that are behaving like Trolls and morons.

This is exactly the kind of crap I deplore about the Oilers boards and their fans, and now a vast majority of the posts here are nothing but babies whining because our team lost.

It's pathetic and every one of you who've taunted Preds fans should be ashamed. Seriously. Grow the heck up.

Boston plays the very same game, and if Canuck fans want to complain, then they should be directing that towards their own team.... There is no difference between what the Bruins do and what Nashville does. Same style of game, and it takes a real focus and tenacity to overcome it, and thanks to Gillis we don't have to watch every game of the season played like that. We are so luck this season to be watching some of the best hockey this organization has ever played, but Samuelson wasn't lying when he said every game isn't going to be a beauty.

It sucks, but it's a fact. Sure I feel sorry for the fans who paid top dollar to watch a snooze fest, but you're kidding yourself if you think watching the 90's Avs come in and spank the team 8-2 would somehow be preferable.

Canucks coulda, shoulda, woulda but didn't. I suspect this road trip is going to go a long way to helping them get some focus, because expecting Bieksa or Edler to step in and make the difference is a pipe dream.

The team isn't winning because they're not playing like a team for huge stretches of time, and once they commit to the game once again, it won't matter a whole lot if they're missing a player or two. However, if they continue to half ass their games, then we should expect a lot more of these boring games, because pretty much the majority of the matchups coming down the pipe are teams that are using this style.

Have some respect for the game and quit acting like you're something special, and have some freaking humility.

quat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:32 AM
ProstheticConscience
Dystemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Well if you'd scored, it might have made it a little more exciting for you. I think that's on your team, not ours.
I fully agree.

Anyway, peace out.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:33 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post
Evening Preds' fans. Just going to post my comments from the Canucks game thread board because I'm incensed by the inanity of the comments from a large number of Canucks posters, directed at your team, City and fans.

Congrats on your win this evening, and hope to see your team continue to succeed now and in the future.
saw that quat. thanks, and its all good.

Like I said over there, I'm hoping you win every game you play against the rest of the WC..

Old
03-04-2011, 03:15 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by quat View Post

I think I love you

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Can someone explain the Wilson situation to me? I didn't anticipate it taking him this long to break out..

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:44 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
I think I love you
Whoa!

lolvancouver fans.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:14 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Wish I could see this game but have to take care of some things.

I'm actually optimistic so going with a 4-3 Preds win in overtime. Boom boom the game winner.
Well at least I got the game winner...

Guys, I realize I'm only a mod (new one at that) on the Preds board but I ask you not to troll other team's boards, especially GDT's. It doesn't do anyone any good. Deal with it, as their own avatars say, but no need to troll, especially after a win.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:39 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Wow didn't see this coming!

Great job you bunch of robots!!

The only sound better than silence on the road is an angry "boooooo"!

Geoffrion, Hornqvist, Legwand, Rinne....

Random question: Is this the first time we've shutout Vancouver IN Vancouver? I know we've done it at home.

You might think it's just Legwand padding his stats, but that was a great hustle play, regardless of whether he scored or not. Erat missed the net and if Legwand hadn't beat the 2 Canuck players, it would have been icing. And yeah there was only 35 seconds left, but Vancouver could have easily scored 2 goals in 35 seconds, especially with a tired Preds group out there, and with the way we play sometimes, you never know what could happen.

Awesome, Hornqvist, just awesome.

Geoffrion provided a great lesson for the rest of the Preds....KEEP YOUR STICK ON THE ICE!!! Great pass from Tootoo. I wonder how Kesler liked being outworked by a robot?

Rinne....wow. Lucky to be good, good to be lucky.

Hope Franson is OK.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:06 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Still not sure how you guys do it. I will agree with some of the posters, boring team to watch, but somehow you pull out a win.
When you watch the game, any knowledgable hockey person can tell, Vancouver has WAY, WAY MORE SKILL, but between Pekka, and hard checking, jumping on mistakes, you manage to win games.
if you turn on other games being played in the whole league, the skill level is not even close. Not sure if it is the style of play....D first, but it really is quite different.
Congrats on the win though. Trotz is looking like a genius with the line changes, but at what expense? At this point, pretty sure he has sucked any creativity and confidence out of Wilson, and I am pretty sure you may need him "big time" to create some offense on this team. Ward, Smithson, Spaling, Tootoo etc. playing way more minutes is crazy! Yes, he is young but with coaches confidence he could be dominant. Just my two cents worth!
That much more skill huh? Questions for you, is Way Way More a technical term used in hockey for only knowledgable fans? Secondly, did one of our defensemen cough up the puck in their own zone leading to a breakaway goal for you last night? I think it's funny that you say Vancouver has all this skill but get shut out 3-0 at home. I also want to say that for a team with very little skill, a lot of people on these boards sure want to trade for a few of our guys, most notably Weber and Suter. I don't see any of your defensemen even in the same class as those two. And for all the hype that Luongo gets, Rinne is in the same ballpark when it comes to talent in goal. The only thing real different between the two is their records but Rinne's GAA and Save % is better than Bobby Lou's.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
That much more skill huh? Questions for you, is Way Way More a technical term used in hockey for only knowledgable fans? Secondly, did one of our defensemen cough up the puck in their own zone leading to a breakaway goal for you last night? I think it's funny that you say Vancouver has all this skill but get shut out 3-0 at home. I also want to say that for a team with very little skill, a lot of people on these boards sure want to trade for a few of our guys, most notably Weber and Suter. I don't see any of your defensemen even in the same class as those two. And for all the hype that Luongo gets, Rinne is in the same ballpark when it comes to talent in goal. The only thing real different between the two is their records but Rinne's GAA and Save % is better than Bobby Lou's.
There's no sense reasoning with him. He's a Colin Wilson fan, not a Predators fan. I'm actually surprised he didn't turn his statement into, "Vancouver has way more skill, well, except than Colin Wilson, who would have scored 50 goals if playing for a different coach on a different team. Isn't he dreamy? I just love his hair!"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:55 AM
jlsg

Don't get *****y glen . Man for man they are much more skilled then the Preds. Take away Weber, Suter and Peks and there's no comparison.

Last edited by BigFatCat999: 03-04-2011 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Don't avoid the word filter
jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:06 AM
PredsChik

It felt so good to win that one regardless of how but at 11:30ish at night, watching Dan Hamhuis turn the puck over and then look back at Hornqvist as he scored made it even better.

Great game by Tootoo, too.

Also, Blake Geoffrion. Like for reals.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:18 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Did not see one of your defensemen cough it up tonight. I guess I should have said Vancouver has a "plethora" of talent.
I agree that Suter and Weber are two of the best D in the league, even individually. Each brings something different. Pekka is a favourite as well.
My point was, when watching other teams, and I watch a lot of hockey, it is so much more exciting because other teams make creative skilled plays constantly throughout the game. Are the Preds capable, but the D system doesn't allow for it? Do they have te skill to make those plays? I have seen it out of SK, Erat, Wilson, and Sullivan at times.
Your team plays more of a dump and chase game, puck possession is minimal compared to other skilled teams.
Did you hear the Vancouver announcers ask, "Name me 3 players on the Preds that would crack our top 9 forwards". These are the reasons I made those statement.

Fortheloveofthegame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Jarnberg

Solid road win for the team.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote