HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Aaron Rome discussion

Old
03-04-2011, 12:33 AM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Aaron Rome discussion

Aaron Rome, #29, Discussion

This thread isn't to throw him under the bus, although inevitably it will happen. I just cannot for the life of me understand what dimension he brings to the game that floats AV's boat. He gets shifts with the Sedins, he gets shifts with 90 seconds left down a goal or two, and he gets minutes. A lot of them. And he's not talented offensively.

Is something happening that I'm not seeing? I see turnovers, bobbled pucks, poor shots. Maybe defensively he's not bad, makes the safe play, and can play physical.. But why on earth is he getting these minutes?

Some supporting numbers:

This year: 39 games, 0 goals, 4 assists
Career: 110 games, 1 goal, 10 assists

Time on ice: 16:36 per game (14:37*EV, 1:29*SH, 0:29 PP)

Aaron Rome has been on the ice for 19 even strength goals for and against (going in to Nashville's game tonight, where he was -1).

The team averages 2.12 goals per 60 minutes of even strength with Rome on the ice - last among defensemen. For comparison, Ehrhoff is at 2.91, and Edler/Bieksa/Hamhuis are all over 3. The offensive difference between Rome and ANY of those 4 is 20 to 25 even strength goals over a year.

The team also averages 2.12 goals against, in 60 minutes of EV time, with Rome on the ice. That is second worst of the defense, in front of only Alberts, although the margins are much closer.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:52 AM
ProstheticConscience
Freeman?

vCash: 883
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=885937

Scroll up.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Intoewsables