HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

[LAK/EDM] Dustin Penner to LAK for Colten Teubert, 1st 2011, Cond 2nd/3rd 2012

Old
03-03-2011, 11:01 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Would it be wrong to assume that Teubert is a better skater than Greene? I know that Teubert gives up a lot in the weight/strength department to Greene though.

03-03-2011, 11:34 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Would it be wrong to assume that Teubert is a better skater than Greene? I know that Teubert gives up a lot in the weight/strength department to Greene though.
I would say he's a little faster. Not many people are going to agree with me, but by the time Teubert hits 23 years old he should be worth his 1st round expectations. Defenseman just take a lot longer and Teubert has a large set of intangibles. He's going to be perfect for the Oilers down the line.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:39 AM
no name

Quote:
I'd bet Teubert is stronger than Greene despite being pretty skinny. No knock on Greene but when Teubert pushes or cross checks a player there is a load of seperation.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Irreverent View Post
I would say he's a little faster. Not many people are going to agree with me, but by the time Teubert hits 23 years old he should be worth his 1st round expectations. Defenseman just take a lot longer and Teubert has a large set of intangibles. He's going to be perfect for the Oilers down the line.
This is all assuming he even makes the NHL which is no guarantee. His progression has been SLOW for a reason.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
This is all assuming he even makes the NHL which is no guarantee. His progression has been SLOW for a reason.
He's a meathead. I have faith he'll figure it out.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Capn Brown

Hey, if we get to the final four, does our pick become 27th-30th?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Thanks for that, very promising IMO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
I'd bet Teubert is stronger than Greene despite being pretty skinny. No knock on Greene but when Teubert pushes or cross checks a player there is a load of seperation.
That's pretty surprising, Greene must have 30lbs. on him so Teubert must just be a naturally strong kid. I do believe from what little I've seen that he's meaner than Greene, overall while he may not ever be a top 3 D in the NHL I like what he brings on the physical side as the Oilers for the most part are a bunch of pushovers and as good of a hockey player as Penner was he often times wouldn't bring much of a physical presence. I am envious of you guys for having guys like Brown, Clifford, and Simmonds to play the body up front.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Hey, if we get to the final four, does our pick become 27th-30th?
Yup, that would be worst case scenario for us, you guys getting to the SCF and then losing. We'd draft 29th and still have a 3rd round pick

Old
03-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Randart

Love this Trade....

Been ah while since I was around, kinda been busy... But had to come and put my seal of approval on this. I really like the young forwards on the Oilers and always thought alot of Penner was fun to see Burke and Lowe go at it over this guy! I wonder if they ever met and duked it out? Any rumors on that hehe

Penner is a excellent pick up by Deano, and the trade seems pretty fair to me. I am a Tuebert fan though so kinda sad to see him go but he does get a chance like some of our other young prospects that our management team and coaches did not like but are making nice splashes around the league if you can remember Molson and Boyle to name just two well known examples.... I expect Tuebe Steak to come thru in like fashion.

I love that Dean sees it the same way if we don't have Greener's he probably does not trade CT away at alls... Maybe Dean is the smartest man in the room hehe

You know if it took this much to get Penner what would it have taken to get Pjvarri or however you spell his name I still really think he is going to be awesome down the road a bit. He was the one of their young forwards I thought might be ripe for plucking. I did not think Penner was available to be honest after the hassle they had to get him.

Randart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Thrice
Coyote Killer

I've always feared that Teubert's ceiling is Shane O'Brien. Big, physical, plodding and an ego the size of Texas. I've seen the kid play when he was in the ECHL and at numerous prospect camps, he'll be very fortunate to be Matt Greene.

Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
He's a meathead. I have faith he'll figure it out.
This.

I'm sure getting traded makes him think a little bit more, as well. Oh, and you'd better believe that if someone touches Eberle, Teubert is going to jail.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
Not exactly an accurate judge of strength. Plus Tuebert is pushing and cross checking AHL players.

Edit- not that I'm disagreeing with you, just saying cross check separation is really no indication of strength.

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Chruceg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Not exactly an accurate judge of strength. Plus Tuebert is pushing and cross checking AHL players.

Edit- not that I'm disagreeing with you, just saying cross check separation is really no indication of strength.
I think for the most part we all agree with each other but I just wanted to add that even though he is pushing/cross-checking AHLers they are still on average 23-27 while he still will only turn 21 in six days.

Chruceg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Yup, that would be worst case scenario for us, you guys getting to the SCF and then losing. We'd draft 29th and still have a 3rd round pick
Best case scenario is the 30th pick in 2011 and a 2nd in 2012.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Best case scenario is the 30th pick in 2011 and a 2nd in 2012.
The bottom line for me is this is the kind of trade I've been waiting for. The Kings are usually on the opposite end on these kinds of trades. Lombardi has been stockpiling prospects, they are incredibly deep on defense and they traded a long shot prospect for a proven 30 goal scorer who isn't about to retire. And for all the fans that are curious about what kind of player Teubert will turn out to be the stove just got turned up to high. Colton will not be able to hide in Ontario anymore, he will now be followed under a microscope until he either makes the NHL or flops out entirely.

Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Hipfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
The bottom line for me is this is the kind of trade I've been waiting for. The Kings are usually on the opposite end on these kinds of trades. Lombardi has been stockpiling prospects, they are incredibly deep on defense and they traded a long shot prospect for a proven 30 goal scorer who isn't about to retire. And for all the fans that are curious about what kind of player Teubert will turn out to be the stove just got turned up to high. Colton will not be able to hide in Ontario anymore, he will now be followed under a microscope until he either makes the NHL or flops out entirely.
Teubert wasn't in Ontario this season - all 39 of his games were in Manchester, where he was starting to look better. That being said, regardless of how Colton does, this was a good trade for the Kings and they had the assets to be able to do it and not drain their system. If I was DL, I'd do this trade every time.

Hipfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post

Is that your drum kit in your avatar? Do you play?

Buddy The Elf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 03:56 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I love what people are saying in regards to this deal, how he doesn't have to be "the guy", and that he can just fit in with the guys.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:23 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

I'm so glad LA didn't trade for that China doll Hemsky. Out for three weeks with a shoulder booboo.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
I'm so glad LA didn't trade for that China doll Hemsky. Out for three weeks with a shoulder booboo.
Sounds about right.

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by adevandry View Post
No way man, he's a PPG player. Schenn + or no deal!

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:26 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

I don't think we should be making fun of Hemsky anymore, the whole "Hemsky is still out" thing was hilarious for awhile but it's played out.

Plus we just lost one of our best prospects to season ending shoulder surgery for the second time before his 21st birthday.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:27 AM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I don't think we should be making fun of Hemsky anymore, the whole "Hemsky is still out" thing was hilarious for awhile but it's played out.

Plus we just lost one of our best prospects to season ending shoulder surgery for the second time before his 21st birthday.
We're not making fun of Hemsky, we're making fun of Oilers fans that don't realize this about their own player.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:09 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
We're not making fun of Hemsky, we're making fun of Oilers fans that don't realize this about their own player.
Some of them still think that he's a guy that you sign long term, personally I don't. IMO we should've moved him to your club or Nashville at the deadline. Penner is wildly inconsistent but he's a durable player, I was honestly amazed that Hemsky made it to the deadline in one piece to be honest.

Old
03-04-2011, 02:12 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
This.

I'm sure getting traded makes him think a little bit more, as well. Oh, and you'd better believe that if someone touches Eberle, Teubert is going to jail.
Look at what happened to Hall tonight, no retaliation, that's why we need guys like Teubert because I'd wonder if there was a pair of balls that could be mustered between half of our roster. Some of our fans don't hold toughness in a high regard, I do and that's why I wanted Clifford and why I am warming up to Teubert.