HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Nashville have enough to make the playoffs?

View Poll Results: Does Nashville have enough to make the playoffs?
Yes 41 54.67%
No 25 33.33%
Should of kept the pick for Fisher 7 9.33%
Trade Weber for some scoring 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
  #26
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preds1 View Post
Don't have a playoff caliber line up coupled with the fact we're extremely inconsistent.

Playoff teams don't hope to beat Columbus or Edmonton, they pummel 'em.
I get it. You mean like these games this season?

10/25 CBJ 2 - PhI 1
1/14 CBJ 3 - DET 2
2/4 CBJ 3 - DET 0
2/8 CBJ 4 - PIT 1
2/18 CBJ 4 - CHI 3

10/29 EDM 7 - CHI 4
11/7 EDM 2 - CHI 1
12/10 EDM 4 - TBL 3

lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 06:00 PM
  #27
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
you are nuts. even with injuries, our forwards, top to bottom are better than:

Islanders, Senators, Maple Leafs, Sabres, Panthers, Rangers, Wild, Coyotes, Blues, Oilers. There are ten off the top of my head.

Now, if you are tallking about goals scored by forwards, yeah propbably bottom 5 in the league. But when you take everything else that goes to playing forward I would take ours over many other teams.
You are lost.

Tavares, Spezza, Alfredsson, Kessel, Roy, Vanek, Gaborik, Koivu, Havlat, Doan, Hemsky and Hall are all better than the best player on Nashville.


Last edited by Stylizer1: 03-03-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 06:36 PM
  #28
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
You are lost.

Tavares, Spezza, Alfredsson, Kessel, Roy, Vanek, Gaborik, Koivu, Havlat, Doan, Hemsky and Hall are all better than the best player on Nashville.
Apparently you're lost, or else I missed the part where he said we have at least one forward better than all of the forwards on those teams. He even went on to say that we're very poor offensively, luckily forwards (are supposed to) contribute both defensively and offensively...

Also, last I checked, Suter and Weber are "players on Nashville", and I would take them over anyone on that list of yours.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 07:32 PM
  #29
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
Apparently you're lost, or else I missed the part where he said we have at least one forward better than all of the forwards on those teams. He even went on to say that we're very poor offensively, luckily forwards (are supposed to) contribute both defensively and offensively...

Also, last I checked, Suter and Weber are "players on Nashville", and I would take them over anyone on that list of yours.
You did read what he wrote right? Suter and Weber are defencemen right?

even with injuries, our forwards, top to bottom are better than:

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 08:52 PM
  #30
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
You did read what he wrote right? Suter and Weber are defencemen right?

even with injuries, our forwards, top to bottom are better than:
I think our forwards (<---- Key Word).

Whole, not one. Kinda different.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 09:40 PM
  #31
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 8,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK All Day View Post
our forward roster is in the bottom 4 in the league. id say we are in the 25-30 range.
yupp i agree

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:03 PM
  #32
Broom of the System
Registered User
 
Broom of the System's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
You did read what he wrote right? Suter and Weber are defencemen right?

even with injuries, our forwards, top to bottom are better than:
You specifically said "player" not forward, "are all better than the best player on Nashville", perhaps you should proofread your own posts before you hit reply, bud.

Also you're still missing the point, try again.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
  #33
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
You are lost.

Tavares, Spezza, Alfredsson, Kessel, Roy, Vanek, Gaborik, Koivu, Havlat, Doan, Hemsky and Hall are all better than the best player on Nashville.
line the top 12 forwards up on each of those teams. get back to me. one forward doesn't make a team.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:43 AM
  #34
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,231
vCash: 500
lose to Edmonton... beat Detroit

lose to Edmonton.... beat Vancouver.

I wonder if there is any way we could play edmonton before each playoff game???

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:58 AM
  #35
CloakroomCrusader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
You are lost.

Tavares, Spezza, Alfredsson, Kessel, Roy, Vanek, Gaborik, Koivu, Havlat, Doan, Hemsky and Hall are all better than the best player on Nashville.
I too wish we could play on an All Star Team of sorts... but life is not so just to us.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:07 AM
  #36
CloakroomCrusader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Each one of those teams have something Nashville doesn't, a skilled offensive forward. With Weber sounding like he wants to leave you guys are going to go downhill.

1 Forward can make your team a lot better.
And now I know that youre just trolling. Thanks for playing.

CloakroomCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:10 AM
  #37
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon
 
PredaDORES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,014
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Each one of those teams have something Nashville doesn't, a skilled offensive forward. With Weber sounding like he wants to leave you guys are going to go downhill.
1 Forward can make your team a lot better.

Where have you ever heard from Shea Weber that he wants to leave? Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.

Quote:
"It's a place I love. I love it here; I love the guys. (The contract) is not my worry right now," Weber said after Sunday's practice. "I'm worried about winning hockey games and continuing to focus on that."

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
  #38
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Each one of those teams have something Nashville doesn't, a skilled offensive forward. With Weber sounding like he wants to leave you guys are going to go downhill.

1 Forward can make your team a lot better.
not if half (that is 6 out of 12 so you can count them) are injured. and the ones who are not-(tavares, kessel, spezza, havlat, vanek) are on teams outside the top 8

the only one on that list in a top 8 position that is healthy is Doan--WHO ISN'T REGARDED AS A SKILL PLAYER, BUT A POWER FORWARD!

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
  #39
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Where have you ever heard from Shea Weber that he wants to leave? Sounds like wishful thinking on your part.
What else is he supposed to say about the team he plays for? You have to ask why he hasn't resigned yet? Have they not been trying? During the Olympics on CBC it was said that he wanted to play in a Canadian market.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:37 AM
  #40
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
What else is he supposed to say about the team he plays for? You have to ask why he hasn't resigned yet? Have they not been trying? During the Olympics on CBC it was said that he wanted to play in a Canadian market.
No, they aren't trying. They already concluded a while ago that they would wait for the summer.

Without a direct quote or article, your claims are useless.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
  #41
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
What else is he supposed to say about the team he plays for? You have to ask why he hasn't resigned yet? Have they not been trying? During the Olympics on CBC it was said that he wanted to play in a Canadian market.

Hey I heard the Sedins want out of Vancouver! I know they said they love Vancouver, but we can't take the them for what they say because they play for Vancouver. I don't have a link, so you will have to take my word for it, especially since I live no where near your market. But I swear I heard they wanted out during the all star break. I can't remember which talking head, who spouts enough crap to see if it sticks, said it, but I heard it I swear. You just have to believe me.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:10 PM
  #42
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
No, they aren't trying. They already concluded a while ago that they would wait for the summer.

Without a direct quote or article, your claims are useless.
Wait for an arbitration hearing for a 1 year contract maybe?

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:12 PM
  #43
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Wait for an arbitration hearing for a 1 year contract maybe?
Highly unlikely that it ever gets to arbitration. Neither side wants that.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of a 1 year contract though. But I think Poile considers trading him if he's only willing to sign a 1 year deal.

Think back 3 years ago though. If Weber wanted out, why would he only sign a 3 year deal when a 4 year deal would bring him to UFA status?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:26 PM
  #44
ffwrx
Don't Blink!
 
ffwrx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Greenbrier, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
Hey I heard the Sedins :snip:.
I think that guy is a Senator fan. So think Spezza or Alfredsson maybe....

ffwrx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
  #45
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Highly unlikely that it ever gets to arbitration. Neither side wants that.

I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of a 1 year contract though. But I think Poile considers trading him if he's only willing to sign a 1 year deal.

Think back 3 years ago though. If Weber wanted out, why would he only sign a 3 year deal when a 4 year deal would bring him to UFA status?
If he signs a 1 year deal you can guarantee he is gone. Signing for 4 years the preds can hold on to him until that summer. This way most likely a playoff team will make a trade for him. before he has to serve 4 full seasons there and in the offseason take a chance on a team that might go far in the playoffs.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:51 PM
  #46
trevorbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
So do you have anything showing that Weber "sounds like" he wants to leave or are you going to continue posting about it for no reason?

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:52 PM
  #47
Milly79
Registered User
 
Milly79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Columbia, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbird View Post
So do you have anything showing that Weber "sounds like" he wants to leave or are you going to continue posting about it for no reason?
Isn't that the norm around here?

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:56 PM
  #48
trevorbird
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tennessee
Country: United States
Posts: 127
vCash: 500
Pretty much. I'm just going to go start posting on the Columbus board about how Nash wants out because he's going to be a free agent in like 7 years. He just wanted to be the top of the 2018 free agent class.

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:19 PM
  #49
preds1
Registered User
 
preds1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: TN
Country: United States
Posts: 1,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
I get it. You mean like these games this season?

10/25 CBJ 2 - PhI 1
1/14 CBJ 3 - DET 2
2/4 CBJ 3 - DET 0
2/8 CBJ 4 - PIT 1
2/18 CBJ 4 - CHI 3

10/29 EDM 7 - CHI 4
11/7 EDM 2 - CHI 1
12/10 EDM 4 - TBL 3
LOL. 8 games out of 160 combined, I'd hate to draw either team in the 1st round.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:29 PM
  #50
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap
 
Stylizer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5,082
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbird View Post
So do you have anything showing that Weber "sounds like" he wants to leave or are you going to continue posting about it for no reason?
Sorry I don't. It was said by either Pierre Lebrun or Elliot Freidman during a round table during the Olympics on CBC.

I'm not "posting about it", i am simply responding to others.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.