HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daymond Langkow (Neck)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2011, 07:21 PM
  #76
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
I think Stajan could be shipped to Florida because they need to spend a ton next year, and he is relativity young but no way Tallon gives up a second. He believes hard in building through the draft and will only look to gain more picks in the off season.
I also believe ( without checking ) that they have three second round picks in the upcoming draft. Getting a youngish established 2/3rd line center for a 2nd is not as steep as some suggest. I actually thinks it fair value.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
  #77
FLAMES666
Registered User
 
FLAMES666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,083
vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I also believe ( without checking ) that they have three second round picks in the upcoming draft. Getting a youngish established 2/3rd line center for a 2nd is not as steep as some suggest. I actually thinks it fair value.
Ya they actually have 4 3rd round picks and 2 2nd round picks , Maybe Stajan for Montreal's 2nd

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 07:32 PM
  #78
DouglasQuaid
Blabbed about Mars
 
DouglasQuaid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
The spine specialist part is great, but to say he's "certified to play in the sport again" is ********. MANY physical players lives' after the hockey career have been ruined by post-concussion syndrome. I love watching this sport, and watching fights and big non-injuring hits, but when a sport literally prides itself on fighting through broken bones, I can't take "permitted to play in the sport" very seriously.

Keep in mind that everyday people recovering from hernias or slipped discs in the back are already recommended a low-labour lifestyle. Langkow is human as any other person with a far worse injury.
This I can attest to. My dad just had back surgery and when he's eventually back to work, he will now be required to work in the office.

Awesome to see Lanks actually healthy though.

DouglasQuaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:03 PM
  #79
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
I thought I read on the main boards that they have 16M tied up in 9 players for next season, whether they want to or not they have to add salary, Stajan is a good player who is slightly overpaid that has exceeded in the Eastern conference before.

I dont think it such a stretch to suggest such a trade.
I suppose he could take someone Reasoner's spot being that he is UFA at the end of this year. Would Stajan waive to go there is another question?

I think an ideal place for Stajan to go would be Phoenix. They have the cap space and Belanger and Fiddler are both UFA's at the end of this season and to say they have put up modest numbers this season would be an understatment. Stajan would likely waive to go the desert (who wouldn't for that matter). I think Tippet would get the most out of Stajan and I think he could find permanent residence and do quite well there.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 08:48 PM
  #80
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
The spine specialist part is great, but to say he's "certified to play in the sport again" is ********. MANY physical players lives' after the hockey career have been ruined by post-concussion syndrome. I love watching this sport, and watching fights and big non-injuring hits, but when a sport literally prides itself on fighting through broken bones, I can't take "permitted to play in the sport" very seriously.

Keep in mind that everyday people recovering from hernias or slipped discs in the back are already recommended a low-labour lifestyle. Langkow is human as any other person with a far worse injury.
Certified spinal specialist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc >> Paramedic

Love what you guys (gals?) do, but someone with an MD is still the boss.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2011, 09:07 PM
  #81
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Certified spinal specialist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc >> Paramedic

Love what you guys (gals?) do, but someone with an MD is still the boss.
Wanting him to play hockey again should not even be in contention, wanting him to have a good life for himself and his family is. You don't need to have even first-aid certification for that.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:20 AM
  #82
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Langkow very well may be 1 hit away from collapsing like Moore and never playing again. It's not like he's Regehr with shattered leg bones. Speaking with certified medical expertise, as a paramedic, we generally don't approve of people with a history of spinal injuries playing high-contact sports. What's actually worse is that his injury was facilitated by a high-velocity impact, not a gravitational impact caused by a fall. The fact he took this long to rehabilitate was never a surprise to me, but you know what most people do when they recover from that injury? They change their lifestyle to a much more sedentary, easygoing one. Low risk, no heavy lifting, etc.
a certified spinal surgeon with an expertise in football injuries has cleared Langkow, saying that there is no risk of him re-injuring himself... now unless you are concerned about a whole new injury then maybe you should be just as concerned for every other player on teh ice and start a petition to stop hitting in hockey

you also have to remember that this is Langkow's choice, we have to respect that... I'd bet my life he has weighed the risks of this comeback more than any single one of us... I'm sure he's discussed it with those he loves... the least we can do as fans is support him and not cry about his cap hit... because that is what your post was about, not about the risk to his health... I get the concerns about his health and I know I wouldn't come back from that kind of injury... but if he and his doctors believe he can do this without further risk I am going to give him the support he deserves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
I'm honestly saying, sometimes you seem like you really know your **** about hockey, which is great. You are a real dumb ass when it comes to a lot of things that aren't trades or player value. 15000 posts, learn not to blurt **** out sometime over the anonymity of the internet.
i'd blurt that out to your face in a second... you cried about his cap hit...y ou said absolutely nothing about his injury or his quality of life... you came across as a jerk crying about his cap hit... and that doesn't make me a dumb ass, none of this makes me a dumb ass... a dumb ass is the guy crying about his cap hit and expecting people to know he's concerned about his health

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
If you really want to see him play again, you disgust me. It's the last thing he needs.
well throw me in the school of people that will believe a doctor who's specialty is football spinal injuries over a paramedic... don't get me wrong I respect what you do and I think Paramedics, Firefighters and Police Officers deserve the same kind of respect and praise the public gives the military... but that doesn't mean I'm going to take your word over someone who has spent years upon years getting to the top of their field (because lets be fair Langkow went to a world renouned specialist, not your average spinal specialist at Foothills Hospital)... also I will include its not about wanting to see Langkow play, because his health and living without a dehabilitating injury is the most important... but he's making this comeback whether we like it or not, so the least we can do is support him and appreciate this effort because he its going to be an uphill battle for him

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 10:15 AM
  #83
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 2403
My two cents regarding Langkow, I grew up playing football all the way to college. My older was brother did as well but he played in the CFL for 4 years. Both of us had to stop playing because of injuries.

Hot Conroy does definitely have a point about Langkow's long term health with the risks involved. But I would like to also point out that Langkow is not an ordinary person. But that I mean, if someone (not a professional athlete) had suffered a similar type of injury, it most likely alter how they live the rest of their lives. The way Daymond Langkow trains and would rehabilitate is much different from how ordinary person would. Yes a neck injury is different from rehabbing a knee, but if Langkow has consulted the type of specialist that he has and he has been cleared then I support him in his comeback. I am sure Langkow has done everything possible to limit and reduce whatever risks there are invovled for the sake of his health and his family. If anyone could make that type of comeback, it would be someone like Langkow.

Lets not forget about Eric Cole either who had a injury just as severe and career threatening. He has been able to continue his career with no further complications.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:27 AM
  #84
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
a certified spinal surgeon with an expertise in football injuries has cleared Langkow, saying that there is no risk of him re-injuring himself... now unless you are concerned about a whole new injury then maybe you should be just as concerned for every other player on teh ice and start a petition to stop hitting in hockey
Because Football players who go to see the same specialists don't end up with a terrible quality of life after sustained injuries and resuming play, right?
Oh wait, as I recall, no, that's not the case at all. Football players have been even more prone to post-career long-term injuries, such as dementia and weakened cartilage and tendon issues from repeated contact. Unfortunately, that is part of their job, just as body-checking is part of the job in hockey.
However, injury is not and should hopefully never be part of someone's life, let alone career. Dealing with physicality as an expectation in your daily job is one thing. Having to deal with serious long-term injury is another.

I am not saying the specialist does not know his stuff, but medicine even now doesn't have a thorough understanding on the complexities of spinal cord injuries and brain injuries and their aftereffects. Most players don't deal with spinal injuries even once in their career. I trust the specialist no more than I trust a pediatrician in this diagnosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
you also have to remember that this is Langkow's choice, we have to respect that... I'd bet my life he has weighed the risks of this comeback more than any single one of us... I'm sure he's discussed it with those he loves... the least we can do as fans is support him and not cry about his cap hit... because that is what your post was about, not about the risk to his health... I get the concerns about his health and I know I wouldn't come back from that kind of injury... but if he and his doctors believe he can do this without further risk I am going to give him the support he deserves
He weighs his life on the word of that specialist. No matter how much encouragement he gets, he literally couldn't play without that confirmation, for whatever it's worth to his quality of life.
As for me? I actually gave no thought to his cap hit, but it's nice that you keep wanting to put words in my mouth. I checked my tweets on my phone and posted here, as I do every single day. 85% of my posts are from my phone, and 98% of those posts are two liners at best. Being on call and being at the centre means I'm not at a computer, as I'm not even on my computer now to type this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i'd blurt that out to your face in a second... you cried about his cap hit...y ou said absolutely nothing about his injury or his quality of life... you came across as a jerk crying about his cap hit... and that doesn't make me a dumb ass, none of this makes me a dumb ass... a dumb ass is the guy crying about his cap hit and expecting people to know he's concerned about his health
I said nothing either way. I addressed nothing, I said I read the tweets and I was unsatisfied with the results.
So it's not like you don't know that you are putting words in my mouth, as you fully acknowledge it, but you'd rather believe that I am putting money over his life? It's my bad that I posted as little as I did, which is fine. I certainly don't have the luxury to post long messages often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
well throw me in the school of people that will believe a doctor who's specialty is football spinal injuries over a paramedic... don't get me wrong I respect what you do and I think Paramedics, Firefighters and Police Officers deserve the same kind of respect and praise the public gives the military... but that doesn't mean I'm going to take your word over someone who has spent years upon years getting to the top of their field (because lets be fair Langkow went to a world renouned specialist, not your average spinal specialist at Foothills Hospital)... also I will include its not about wanting to see Langkow play, because his health and living without a dehabilitating injury is the most important... but he's making this comeback whether we like it or not, so the least we can do is support him and appreciate this effort because he its going to be an uphill battle for him
Here's one last little tidbit of information - as any competent paramedic, we have to know quite a bit about spinal injuries. Certainly, we don't deal with the complexities of a fractured vertebrae, but we have to deal with them on scene, to prevent further damage and to assess current injury to the brain/spinal areas. It's true that patients can heal from spine, neck and even brain injuries, especially at a younger age and enjoy a normal quality of life afterwards.
However, Langkow is 34 years of ages coming off a fracture. He most likely had a small operation to insert a plate into his C7 vertebrae to stabilize the area. However, to resume a normal quality of life would mean a person can be afforded a life where they can go out for a jog, and lift up weights no heavier than 30 pounds. Langkow experienced numbness in his legs for a while. That indicates actualized nerve damage, and serious nerve damage requires surgery, which has never been reported on Langkow receiving it.
Langkow will be expected to put his body to the test in strength and endurance training and on the ice, where all it takes for Matt Cooke to come and "agitate him" by giving him a quick sucker punch that could very well aggravate his injury. Actually, wait, Calgary doesn't play East teams for the rest of the season, so let's say Burrows, because well, **** Burrows.
Post-injury diagnosis specialists always deal with the rehabilitation and reintegration. Again, for most people, that's just resuming life on a daily basis, where they would be living healthy but a little bit less mobile lives. Daily high-impact injury is something else entirely.

As regards to the bold, I understand what you're getting at. From a purely professional standpoint, it's a bad decision based off a shaky diagnosis and a lifelong expectation of toughness in a job demanding no less. From a fan standpoint, as nice as it might be to be at his first home game and give him a standing ovation, I don't want to see him be injured worse. No amount of cheering is going to fix permanent nerve damage in his 40s and onwards. Getting a few goals or assists to help out the Flames get into the playoffs is not worth it. Pre-injury skill-wise, I think he could beat out Stajan and we'd have a better line-up, but now Stajan has my full support to outplay Langkow if it means Langkow sits in the pressbox.

This took me ~15-20 minutes to type and proof-read on my phone. Don't put more words in my mouth.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:32 AM
  #85
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
My two cents regarding Langkow, I grew up playing football all the way to college. My older was brother did as well but he played in the CFL for 4 years. Both of us had to stop playing because of injuries.

Hot Conroy does definitely have a point about Langkow's long term health with the risks involved. But I would like to also point out that Langkow is not an ordinary person. But that I mean, if someone (not a professional athlete) had suffered a similar type of injury, it most likely alter how they live the rest of their lives. The way Daymond Langkow trains and would rehabilitate is much different from how ordinary person would. Yes a neck injury is different from rehabbing a knee, but if Langkow has consulted the type of specialist that he has and he has been cleared then I support him in his comeback. I am sure Langkow has done everything possible to limit and reduce whatever risks there are invovled for the sake of his health and his family. If anyone could make that type of comeback, it would be someone like Langkow.

Lets not forget about Eric Cole either who had a injury just as severe and career threatening. He has been able to continue his career with no further complications.
Erik Cole's injury was not as serious as it was a literal fracture in his neck vertebrae and suffered, very luckily, no serious nerve damage. Langkow on more than one occasion has been unable to resume skating workouts because of numbness, indicating nerve damage.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
  #86
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Stewie Hockey™
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salt Mines
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 9,058
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Erik Cole's injury was not as serious as it was a literal fracture in his neck vertebrae and suffered, very luckily, no serious nerve damage. Langkow on more than one occasion has been unable to resume skating workouts because of numbness, indicating nerve damage.
Considering you are touting yourself as a so-called expert, perhaps you should just quit while you're ahead. You are not Daymond Langkow, and you are not qualified to comment with your expertise as you are 1) not a doctor 2) not a specialist in spinal injury 3) have not physically examined Langkow, 4) have not spoken to his treating physician or in fact spoken to someone who has, 5) are completely ignorant of the extent of the original injury, 6) completley ignorant of his rehabilitation regimen and progress during rehabilitation, and 7) are relying strictly on second/third/fourth hand information from such reliable sources as Twitter to form your "professional" assessment.

As a fan, you've said your piece and do not support his return. I believe your code of ethics as a paramedic prevents you from commenting further on the matter.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 12:47 PM
  #87
CPRSRPUNKS
Registered User
 
CPRSRPUNKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 327
vCash: 500
Don't want to quote the whole thing because this medical jargon is exactly that. Lunatik, you have a point, but I agree with the 17 million posts thing. You may know your hockey but, do you even have CPR training? Don't even try to tell someone in the field that they don't know what they're talking about if you don't. Sometimes the Hfboards "Wondergenius" mentality has gotten to you. Just because you post 900 million times doesn't make you any kind of expert on the subject...

I love reading your posts but, you are way off if you think you know more than any healthcare professional (Whatever field they were in).

If you are a doctor, I apologize. Until then, don't tell someone in the field what they do and do not know

CPRSRPUNKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:05 PM
  #88
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPRSRPUNKS View Post
Don't want to quote the whole thing because this medical jargon is exactly that. Lunatik, you have a point, but I agree with the 17 million posts thing. You may know your hockey but, do you even have CPR training? Don't even try to tell someone in the field that they don't know what they're talking about if you don't. Sometimes the Hfboards "Wondergenius" mentality has gotten to you. Just because you post 900 million times doesn't make you any kind of expert on the subject...

I love reading your posts but, you are way off if you think you know more than any healthcare professional (Whatever field they were in).

If you are a doctor, I apologize. Until then, don't tell someone in the field what they do and do not know
i never said he didn't know what he was talking about... I said a certified surgeon knows more...

if your car broke down, who would you trust to fix it? the car salesman or a mechanic?... being in the same field does not make you an expert

I'm in the hospitality industry... but you don't see me telling people how to run a brothel do you?

Also I never claimed to know more than any body about the injury... I said Langkow and his doctor would know more...

but I do know 1 thing for sure... I don't trust any medical opinion of anyone that hasn't been able to treat the patient first hand, have access to their medical records or at least viewed the results of the Xrays, MRIs and whatever other tests he had to go through... and anyone in the medical field should know every case is different and you can't judge a situation without actual facts about the case at hand


Last edited by Lunatik*: 03-03-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:24 PM
  #89
Signature
Kings of the Rebuild
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,152
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Considering you are touting yourself as a so-called expert, perhaps you should just quit while you're ahead. You are not Daymond Langkow, and you are not qualified to comment with your expertise as you are 1) not a doctor 2) not a specialist in spinal injury 3) have not physically examined Langkow, 4) have not spoken to his treating physician or in fact spoken to someone who has, 5) are completely ignorant of the extent of the original injury, 6) completley ignorant of his rehabilitation regimen and progress during rehabilitation, and 7) are relying strictly on second/third/fourth hand information from such reliable sources as Twitter to form your "professional" assessment.

As a fan, you've said your piece and do not support his return. I believe your code of ethics as a paramedic prevents you from commenting further on the matter.
I am not directly involved in Langkow's medical treatment, and I am free to speculate on his injury as I wish as all information I've mentioned discloses no information pertaining to his medical record that has not been made public. He is not a patient under my care in any professional standing. However, as your tone is less than respectful to my position as an EMT, perhaps you would like to have an in-depth discussion in private to discuss certain tenets of ethics, both professional and personal.

As for every one of your points, I could most likely guess correctly that nobody on this forum fulfills any of those requirements, and thus it becomes just another battle of opinion on exactly how well Langkow will be able to live his life on the ice and off it. As for point 7, there exists on public media record (read: news releases) more than one source that has noted partial specifics of Langkow's injuries and symptoms. I haven't said anything that hasn't been disclosed from reputable media.

I will not tolerate Lunatik imparting incorrect meaning to issues where there is no bad intent for the sake of furthering his own argument. That is my original point against him, and you have no part in it.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
  #90
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
I will not tolerate Lunatik imparting incorrect meaning to issues where there is no bad intent for the sake of furthering his own argument. That is my original point against him, and you have no part in it.
I went back and I re-read your post... I took it the wrong way, most people complaining about Langkow returning are only concerned about his cap hit and I unfairly assumed you were in that group of classless idiots

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 01:50 PM
  #91
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I went back and I re-read your post... I took it the wrong way, most people complaining about Langkow returning are only concerned about his cap hit and I unfairly assumed you were in that group of classless idiots


Did I just read this post?!

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:00 PM
  #92
Lunatik*
 
Lunatik*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gnome View Post


Did I just read this post?!
i admit when i'm wrong regularly... the difference is when i argue with you, you are wrong

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 02:09 PM
  #93
The Gnome
Registered User
 
The Gnome's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
i admit when i'm wrong regularly... the difference is when i argue with you, you are wrong
damn! That was too easy a setup.

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 04:32 PM
  #94
flames123
Registered User
 
flames123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,496
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Conroy View Post
Keep in mind that everyday people recovering from hernias or slipped discs in the back are already recommended a low-labour lifestyle.
My dad had chronic back problems for year. He would go back to work and be okay for maybe a month, or even a few years but he eventually ruptured a disc or re-aggravated the old injury. Eventually he gave of his labour intensive job and hasn't had problems. As you said, Lanks should give up hockey. I can't blame the guy for trying to get into the game again.

flames123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
  #95
Beats By CoRD
Irrelevant Ferkland
 
Beats By CoRD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: @HawnzDynasty
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,018
vCash: 50
Gary Roberts anyone?

If Daymond thinks he can come back and play at an NHL level, then fine. But I don't want a floater out there afraid to get hit. The guy is only effective when he plays his game (which is not even a top line center when playing at 100%). He is anything but a perimeter player.

__________________

HawnzDynastyProductions.com
Beats By CoRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:42 PM
  #96
Xelstyle
Registered User
 
Xelstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chair and a Desk
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,552
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Otherwise we would have to take back somewhat a bad contract in a trade. If this happens, the goal should be to find one that expires at the end of next season. Stajan is not hurting this team currently in anyway, but next season if Langkow returns it is going to be very crowed for centres around here and as I previoulsy mentioned Backlund needs to have an increased role on this team next year if his development is going to go to another level. So a move would need to be done to move a centre out unless Backlund or Morrison permanently move to the wing.
A move to wing for Morrison might not necessarily be a negative thing since Morrison fits anywhere we ask him to.

If we're looking for a bloated contract that ends next season, the only forward I can think of is Brian Rolston. I'm not too well versed in their line-up but it looks like they could use another top 9 after they traded away Arnott. The only other Eastern team that would remotely be willing is Florida. That's already been discussed though.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2011, 11:55 PM
  #97
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Dust Buster
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,812
vCash: 2403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
A move to wing for Morrison might not necessarily be a negative thing since Morrison fits anywhere we ask him to.

If we're looking for a bloated contract that ends next season, the only forward I can think of is Brian Rolston. I'm not too well versed in their line-up but it looks like they could use another top 9 after they traded away Arnott. The only other Eastern team that would remotely be willing is Florida. That's already been discussed though.
I feel really bad for Morrison because he has far exceeded expectations this year and he really has been a great addition to this team. But I just do not see anyway he gets an extension here in Calgary next season. Langkow and Jokinen will be here for sure (at a combined 7.5 million). Backlund is our best young forward so he is going to be on the team without a doubt, and the coaching staff have obviously made a commitment to develop him at centre. So unless they can move Stajan in a trade I really doubt Morrison comes back. He can play the wing, however he is much when playing his natural position at centre. If he is not back here next year, he has made a fan out of me, I have lost all negative feelings towards the guy and I will cheer for him no matter where he ends up.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 01:00 PM
  #98
haQ Loob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
Certified spinal specialist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> etc >> Paramedic

Love what you guys (gals?) do, but someone with an MD is still the boss.
This must be my favorite post of all time. Stewie Griffin, when it comes time for your appendectomy, I'll sneak you by the wait list.

haQ Loob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.