HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 65 - Predators def. Canucks - 3-0

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Earlier in the season the Canucks were talking about playing the same style of game on the road as well as at home. Looks like they have decided to play a road style of game at home lately.

Perhaps they can switch to a home style when they go on this road trip?

Old
03-04-2011, 01:37 PM
LostMyGlasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackerJibbs View Post

It was said earlier in the thread, but I totally agree with the poster who mentioned that the way the games are being reffed is hurting the Canucks. I said it looked like it was 2002 with all the clutching/grabbing/interference in the Columbus game and it doesn't seem like anything has changed since then.
This is the way almost every game is called in the playoffs, so the team, fans and media had better get used to it and stop making it an excuse right now.

As Momesso stated, the only way to break a team like Nashville is by fighting through the checking, by establishing a strong, physical forecheck and use a great deal of speed in the neutral zone. Last nite the Canucks didn't do this, and got spanked by another low scoring team.

The battle has to be there against these kinds of teams, or a loss is almost always going to be the outcome.

Old
03-04-2011, 01:38 PM
kakemono

You know that old saying... "Don't argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience"? Well, I've been telling my friends here in Nashville that is how we contend with skill teams. We turn the game into a neutralzone cluster like a bunch of peewee kids chasing the puck around and beat the skilled guys with experience. It is what it is - and it works.

It isn't exciting to watch. It isn't exciting when the Preds travel (why we have the worst average road attendance in the league). It isn't exciting in a traditional sense to watch in person, but it's what we have learned to expect and we find a lot of fun out of it. It feels like our team is out there trolling all the finesse and skilled guys and some of us more lighthearted fans die laughing every game. We even start counting to 10 occasionally to see if anyone can keep posession for a full count. It is fun to watch guys like Datsyuks (though he is used to it now), Sedins, Crosbys get frustrated.

Watch a Preds game against Anaheim or San Jose. Those are two teams where our style completely fails. Their skill guys are also scrappy and dirty and can play our little game and sit us down.

Old
03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
LostMyGlasses*

People who want to watch a more exciting team and are slagging the Predators aren't fans of the game, they are fans of excitement.

Hockey is defensive. If you don't like defensive hockey you don't like NHL hockey. Period. Defensive hockey=winning hockey.

You want cheap thrills? Go watch the dunk competition that is basketball!

Old
03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

I think that in order to prevent this thread from continuing on the track of offensive style vs. defensive style and how one or the other is not "real" hockey, I'm going to shut this thread down. Pretty infantile dispute given it's a style our own team has used in the past to not much complaining from Canuck faithful.

Closed.

Closed Thread