HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ottawa @ Thrashers| 7:00 PM|S-NET E/FSN-S

Old
03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
OgieO

vCash: 500
Can't say I've ever seen Lee look better than he did last night. I missed a few shifts here and there but he looks ridiculously better now than he did at the start of the year. Good for him for picking it up.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgieO View Post
Can't say I've ever seen Lee look better than he did last night. I missed a few shifts here and there but he looks ridiculously better now than he did at the start of the year. Good for him for picking it up.
Karlsson's allowed to make mistakes, for good reason. Brian Lee was never allowed to make a mistake. This is just a prospect finally getting a chance to get comfortable and confident. Clean player...but some of us have noticed that for a while now.

And as an aside, the 50/50 in Atlanta was a mammoth $256, I'm sure there are junior games at all levels in Ottawa that could put that to shame.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:20 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Karlsson's allowed to make mistakes, for good reason. Brian Lee was never allowed to make a mistake. This is just a prospect finally getting a chance to get comfortable and confident. Clean player...but some of us have noticed that for a while now.

And as an aside, the 50/50 in Atlanta was a mammoth $256, I'm sure there are junior games at all levels in Ottawa that could put that to shame.
Yeah, I supported him for the past few years - but I confess that I was on the verge of giving up on him earlier this year. He seems so much more confident now. Really noticeable improvement in his game. He may never be a huge offensive threat but he is an excellent skater that can move the puck and play reliable defense. Nothing wrong with that, he can have a long career with those skills.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:21 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
$256?
As in: Two hundred and fifty six dollars? Are you sure you didn't forget a zero?

Wow.

The 50/50 for the Bruins game this week was like $10k, and even then, that's kinda low for Sens games... Sens-Leafs 50/50's are up around the $17-20k range.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Lee looked fine at the beginning of the year to me... I'm glad he's getting consistent ice time now though.

CanadianHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Manny*

Lee wasn't good last night, come off it. In the games leading up to yesterday's he was pretty invisible which is a great thing for a defensive defenceman. Played a safe, smart and sound game while making good passes.

Last night, though, he got walked a few times, and I thought was more than partially responsible for the only goal against. He's had better games. The assist he got doesn't make up for his deficiencies in his own end. I find his best games are the ones you forget he even played in.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
TheWeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Lee wasn't good last night, come off it. In the games leading up to yesterday's he was pretty invisible which is a great thing for a defensive defenceman. Played a safe, smart and sound game while making good passes.

Last night, though, he got walked a few times, and I thought was more than partially responsible for the only goal against. He's had better games. The assist he got doesn't make up for his deficiencies in his own end. I find his best games are the ones you forget he even played in.
Really?

TheWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:57 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeb View Post
Really?
I guess he didn't see that it was a 5-on-5 goal where the centreman lost the faceoff and Big Buff got an uncontested shot to the net.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post

I agree that I didn't think he had a very good game last night.

But up until last night he's impressed a lot lately, considering I had completely given up on him as a player period. He just needs to keep playing physical, use his size.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:43 PM
coladin

Hate to say it...probably Kuba's best game of the year.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:49 PM
HSF

Lee has pivoting problems

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Holdurbreathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Lee has pivoting problems
According to McGuire that is Karlsson!!!!

Lee played well again last night, he did get passed on one play early, but overall his game was solid.

Holdurbreathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by coladin View Post
Hate to say it...probably Kuba's best game of the year.
His last 6-7 games have all been better than his whole season. It's good for us....he's trade bait again as soon as trading begins again.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Kellogs
G'night Sweet Prince

Let's hope we find a taker this time.

Kellogs is offline   Reply With Quote