HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus at Edmonton | 3/3 9PM EST | "Mr. Magoo" Edition

Old
03-04-2011, 09:26 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Woodshed, trade them all, hanging, or firing squad?

Using inexcusable in reference to a bad outing in sports is beyond laughable. It will have happened to the next winner of the Cup a few times this year. There's a good chance they'll even have one of them in the actual playoffs.
Whats gotten into you lately blahblah, I find myself agreeing with you from time to time now.

This is pro sports where anyone can beat anyone, everyone is acting like Ohio State just lost to the Little Sisters of the Poor last night.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:45 AM
megashock5

Send a message via AIM to megashock5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Woodshed, trade them all, hanging, or firing squad?

Using inexcusable in reference to a bad outing in sports is beyond laughable. It will have happened to the next winner of the Cup a few times this year. There's a good chance they'll even have one of them in the actual playoffs.
The effort, blah, not the outcome. Losses will happen, but we didn't skate all night.

I'm glad some of you can keep emotion out of it. Some of us can't.

I want to see this team succeed SO FREAKING BADLY that I'm not rational right now. I wish I didn't care so much, but I do. And what I saw last night hurt. A lot. Especially after two losses. Our chances are dwindling quickly.

That's all. I'm out until tonight's GDT. I'm not doing any good in here today. Sorry, all.

megashock5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:52 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by megashock5 View Post
That's all. I'm out until tonight's GDT. I'm not doing any good in here today. Sorry, all.
Sometimes it's just enough to get it out, see it in print, and let it go. In other words, megashock, you're just taking advantage of the therapeutic properties of HF posting!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:

I want to see this team succeed SO FREAKING BADLY that I'm not rational right now. I wish I didn't care so much, but I do. And what I saw last night hurt. A lot. Especially after two losses. Our chances are dwindling quickly.

No need to apologize. (And reverse apologies for appearing to pile on.)

And - I agree about wanting the team to succeed. It's part of why last night's loss is magnified. If the team had been scuffling along and not insinuated itself into the playoff picture, it wouldn't hurt nearly as bad.

A poor effort was inevitable, unfortunately - but the fact that it hurts so bad is, in a weird way, a good thing, because it means the games matter.

Old
03-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RackNish View Post
Im going to say it...... Can we keep Mathew Garon in net? He will generate a better record than steve mason.
Mason had one bad game, following about 10 stellar games. He certainly blew last night but it's too early to throw him under the bus and say that we're back to the Mason of December.

03-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

As soon as Nash let that puck get by him at the end of the game and Cogliano put the EN goal in, I had to turn off the computer. But, I watched the postgame show, trainwreck attraction, I guess.

Totally frustrated with the play last night, and the reasons are many as has been discussed.

Overlooking Edmonton, which is a bad idea because those youngsters can skate circles around opposing players and sure as hell can put the puck in the net.

Playing to the level of the opponet, which didn't happen. Edmonton played well above the Jackets level.

Having the physical and emotional rigors of a PO chase catch up to them, likely.

Having the majority of the team not play well including a goaltender, goes with the reason above.

Let's see if they can get back to the way they were playing before this roadie, it will benefit everyone if they can.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxs View Post
Let's see if they can get back to the way they were plang before this roadie, it will benefit everyone if they can.
Gotta bring the road game, which was brought home, back on the road. Or something.

Double-Shift Lassť is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Jaxs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Gotta bring the road game, which was brought home, back on the road. Or something.
Good point. North, South, puck deep, tenatious forecheck, not getting cute with the drop passes and no looks, or trying to thread the cross ice pass.

I couldn't agree more.

Jaxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Zoo16
Bye West,Hello East!

Aw crap....I wasn't wearing my jersey last night. Sorry all, my fault for the loss.

Zoo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:25 AM
Hipster Letestu

Quote:
Rob10TVSports
In the last 4 games Nash, Vermette & Voracek have combined for 1 goal, 1 assist and are a collective -10 for #CBJ. That has to change.
Ouch, wanna know where the suck is coming from, look no further than this.

Hipster Letestu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Rookie User

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Ouch, wanna know where the suck is coming from, look no further than this.
This team misses Brassard. No way around it.

Samkow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:19 PM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post
This team misses Brassard. No way around it.
The team needs some creative as a center of the second line and not MacKenzie.

But it is better to lose with Edmonton when we lose 2 points as with teams as Calgary when we would play 4 points.

mt-svk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 12:58 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Quote:
The effort, blah, not the outcome. Losses will happen, but we didn't skate all night.

Don't apologize. The emotions hit us all. I was up til 2am stewing over that loss, and I purposefully avoid HFboards because I knew it would only compound the anger I was feeling.

At the end of the day, we now have a slightly lower chance of making the playoffs, but by my estimation, we can still drop 5 or 6 more and hit 95 points. Whether or not 95 points will be good enough, thats the rub.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:45 PM
blahblah

Quote:

You don't think I'm upset? Please. I take my hockey very seriously. I am the guy that gets mad over wins.

We did skate for parts of last night. Like the first 5-10 minutes and the last 5-10 minutes. Get used to it. Eventually we will have a team that will compete for the top 4 spots and even then we will have nights like this.

It's happened. It's going to happen. We'll probably have another one before the end of the year. And it might even end in a win, after all we almost put that load of crap into OT last night.

Declaring it inexcusable is basically declaring you never played or watched sports. I've seen games like this from every top team this year.

Honestly, I'm still upset over the Nashville game. More then I am about last nights game. As a team they just didn't have it last night, but they still pushed and made it interesting.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674
why is Clitsome not playing??

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 09:47 PM
kellymiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
but to suggest that the reason their level of play was off and they lost last night's game was due to the guys being morons or pansies or pukes or whatever is simply a load of ********.
No it isn't. Hardened teams don't take nights off in a playoff crunch down the stretch. It's not that they lost, it's how. Howson agrees; check out his comments.

I'm not calling for a hanging or something, but I'm not going to pretend like it's an inevitability that a group of millionaires decide to not show up for their 3 hour shift at the factory down the stretch.

It's just not.

kellymiller is offline   Reply With Quote