HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brett MacLean, Goncharov, and PHX '11 1st

Old
03-04-2011, 04:22 PM
wej20

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Are you saying this is too much for Fisher?

I would probably have done it for just the 1st (= about NSH's 1st) and MacLean (not sure of his value, but not WAY off from a 3rd?)... don't know about my fellow fans, though.
I'd much rather have MacLean than a 3rd.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:25 PM
DG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
I admit I don't know a lot about MacLean, but I was hoping for a potentially near-NHL player for Fisher and we didn't get one, so I definitely would too.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG View Post
Are you saying this is too much for Fisher?

I would probably have done it for just the 1st (= about NSH's 1st) and MacLean (not sure of his value, but not WAY off from a 3rd?)... don't know about my fellow fans, though.

At least you'd be getting Fisher instead of one of the league's worst contracts though.

Anyways, this doesn't really solve your question of who you could get now with that package.

But speaking of Fisher, doesn't Nashville have a surplus of centres now? Maybe Lombardi, Legwand or Goc is available (for less than that package, in Goc's case, for sure)?
I'd love Lombardi back, but with how much time he's missed this season I'm worried he may be damaged goods.

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 05:46 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
In a vacuum, I feel that both MacLean and Goncharov are easily more valuable than a late first round pick. Especially in a weak draft. You pick some kid late in the first and cross your fingers hoping they develop as well as those two. Even then, you'll likely have to wait four or five years. What's the average tenure of a GM any how? These two can help right now. They won't play for Dave Tip any time aoon, but not all teams have coaching with Tip's reputation for refusing to play youth. Phoenix's first should be considered the least valuable of the three assests in the OP.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao chi View Post
I'd love Lombardi back, but with how much time he's missed this season I'm worried he may be damaged goods.
I would have taken a chance on Lombardi to pull a Vrbata turn around too, but if Upshall's gone there's not as much reason to take on the risk. Which sucks because the two of them were a fun tandem to watch on a defense-first team.

If Gomez and Horcoff is all that's out there, I'd rather keep them. If Klesla turns out to be fragile, maybe Goncharov fills in for him. Is there any chance that Vrbata doesn't re-sign and they carry Tikhonov and Mac?

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 50
I think you can get Weiss for that package.

Epictetus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I wonder if Jussi Jokinen will test the market. He's played for Tip I'm the past and while he hasn't ever been a full time center, he's usually fifth on his team in face offs taken and his winning percentage is always over fifty. He's got the wheels and the eyes for the center ice position. I would mind rolling the dice and over paying, if Hulsizer is game. Put him on a line with Korpikoski, who is also decent at center. Maybe we luck out. Stempniak is another go-go straight line burner that would fit well. Tik and Mac would fit well alternating on the Pyatt/Fiddler line.

Whitney-Hanzal-Vrbata
Korpikoski-Jokinen-Stempniak
Pyatt-Fiddler-Mac/Tik
Doan-Turris-Boedker
Bissonnette

Yandle-Morris
Klesla-Rozsival
OEL-Aucoin
Schlemko

Bryzgalov
LaBarbera

rt is offline   Reply With Quote