HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Operation: Get Drew Stafford/Steve Montador to Chicago

Old
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Do not compare a fringe 2nd liner in a contract year to top end elite talents in the NHL.
As a Buffalo fan, I'm thrilled that Stafford, a player we couldn't give a way last year, can now net us Franzen or Kane in a trade. Oh, the hockey gods smile kindly on the Queen city!

Monty for a 2nd. Bang, done.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Zauper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Please, go back and re-read the converstation.

The Fuhr pointed out Franzen as an example, not me. I pointed out Frazen has only have one regular season hat trick, a 5 goal game, this season.

Lol.

Toews is far and away the better goal scorer, he's scored 20+ goals every year he's been in the NHL and has a 30+ goal season. Kane has had 20+ goals every year he's been in the NHL and has a 30 goal season. One good season doesn't define your ability as a goal scorer, consistency does however.

Do not compare a fringe 2nd liner in a contract year to top end elite talents in the NHL.
I'm not going to go back and re-do the math for each player in every year they've played. You're welcome to, if you want.

This year? Yeah, this year, Stafford has been a more consistent goalscorer than Kane and Toews. You can count on him to score in more games.

You must be confused when you say "consistency" specifically in the context of pointing to all of his hattricks, you're clearly implying that a lot of his goals come in bursts, which means he doesn't score in enough games. Unfortunately, the numbers don't bear that out. Which is what the numbers I posted show, quite clearly.

Do you understand yet?

For reference, here's your post:
Quote:
3-4 hattricks in a season is very rare, it's probably not going to happen for him again. I'd much rather have a 20-25 goal scorer who scores consistently over a guy who gets half of his goals in a 3-4 game span.
You're right, the Fuhr brought up Franzen. You brought up Kane, Toews, and Sharp, all in the context of hattricks (i.e. you saying that Franzen hadn't had a hattrick before his 5 goal game); pretty clearly implying that all of them you considered to be consistent goalscorers. (Amusingly, once again, Franzen is more consistent than Kane/Toews, and you now seem to be implying that you don't consider him consistent)

Zauper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:36 PM
Havok89

Stafford Isnt getting traded unless a top 6 center is coming back. Monty for a 2nd is probobly fair value.

Havok89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2011, 06:56 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
If you make every game Stafford scored multiple goals in a single-goal game, he's still scoring at a 35+ pace.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:19 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
you don't get it....

Stafford isn't a player the Hawks will make room for. He would be just like Versteeg. A good guy to have but he thats it. We can't afford him.

We need these young guys coming up. I know it would be great to have Blue Chippers, but we don't need anymore Elite Talent coming up and waiting for a big payday. We have these Player already on the Roster. We need cheap young players that are good to have and may turn out better than expected.

Now I get why you like Tallon that much... he doesn't understand the Salary Cap aswell
See, I don't see it that way.

I think Stafford would be a great fixture for this team for awhile. When it comes down to it, we're probably going to lose one of Hossa or Sharp down the line and Stafford would be a great player to replace one of them.

It sounds like a lot now but I think we could afford to get rid of Kyle Beach in a deal with for Stafford. I don't know, I didn't expect everyone to agree but he makes sense as a solid member of this "core" we all know we have.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Ugh...

"We want your good players, but we don't want to give up any of our good players, unless you overpay a ridiculous amount for them"

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Selke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Ugh...

"We want your good players, but we don't want to give up any of our good players, unless you overpay a ridiculous amount for them"

Hey...

I never said that, man. I realize the type of player he is, by no means am I saying I know him as well as everyone else does but he's someone I like to keep a keen eye on. Not to mention he's an ETID fan (like you?) so that's a plus, too.

Selke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
Ugh...

Welcome to HFBoards World

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote