HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH@VAN 3/3/11 The "Raise Your Glass" Edition

Old
03-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Milly79

vCash: 500
Could it be his off-ice work ethic? He does seem to be a partier, and you know the women love him...

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
There's not much to really debate. Until Wilson plays a better game he won't get the toi. There are a lot of things that make up a winger getting ice time, some we see as fans, most we don't. He's not shown me anything that says he MUST get the toi so I'll have to defer to the staff for now.
Here's something else we don't see as fans: legitimate offensive push and chances with Ward.

Go beyond observations of just the Preds and watch how the opponents play their lines in response. It's pretty clear that the other 29 teams don't recognize this type of a neutered line as a credible scoring threat.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:08 PM
trevorbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
For the record, Nashville used a 2-1-2 scheme most of the night, Vancouver on the other hand, played most of the game in a 1-2-2 scheme, which is much closer to a trap style than us...
This is the case most nights, isn't it? When we win this season, it's because of our forecheck, not clogging the neutral zone which seems to be the big complaint about this game.

trevorbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Ward is far worse handling the Puck than Wilson. The board work as at best a push between the two as Wilson is far better with the Puck in tight and stronger on his skates. Ward is better positiinally and defensively, but his passing is still below oar and he skates in molasses. Honestly, using Ward above the third line is beyond silly outside of purely for injury purposes or a specific matchup/crash the net situation all of which should favor Wilson. This is a move based on comfort, trust, and unwillingness to tolerate any perceived mistakes IMO. It is borderline indefensible.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:03 PM
Webersmashpuck

Colin Wilson is going to be a lot like Dumont, a bigger player that is not considered a power forward but a playmaker who can score some goals. Ward was going and setting up shop in front of the net and actually had a decent game, he fills a role better than Wilson. While I would like Wilson on the PP and to have more time, the changes in lines was for the better.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:22 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Ward is far worse handling the Puck than Wilson. The board work as at best a push between the two as Wilson is far better with the Puck in tight and stronger on his skates. Ward is better positiinally and defensively, but his passing is still below oar and he skates in molasses. Honestly, using Ward above the third line is beyond silly outside of purely for injury purposes or a specific matchup/crash the net situation all of which should favor Wilson. This is a move based on comfort, trust, and unwillingness to tolerate any perceived mistakes IMO. It is borderline indefensible.
This is how I see it, too. I guess I just have an insecurity that automatically makes me think, "well, Trotz obviously knows the game better than I do. What am I missing here?" I'm glad we won the game, so I don't want to come across as complaining; I just don't understand the line combination sometimes.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 03:33 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Colin Wilson is going to be a lot like Dumont, a bigger player that is not considered a power forward but a playmaker who can score some goals. Ward was going and setting up shop in front of the net and actually had a decent game, he fills a role better than Wilson. While I would like Wilson on the PP and to have more time, the changes in lines was for the better.
If Wilson is going to be a lot like Dumont we wasted the 7th overall pick. He needs to be more like Tkachuk.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:02 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Damn you making a thought out lucid comeback. I'll see you the week after next. I'm in town for the 4 games starting next Saturday. Come and visit at the normal spot.
Will do, although I will have both kiddos with me as Nissan is stealing my wife for 9 weeks

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
randymc2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Terrible writing...

Next time I recommend giving creativity a try.
No man, I am a Preds fan, Section 309

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 10:38 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
If Wilson is going to be a lot like Dumont we wasted the 7th overall pick. He needs to be more like Tkachuk.
Wilson is going to be top notch unless Trotz continues to stifle his talent. Remember Wilson was drafted as a center. To think he's like a Dumont is way wrong he has a more physical game if Trotz keeps messing with him then he develop into another legwand...high draft pick that didn't pan out. Wilson is one of our top scorers and look how many lines he's been on. But for last night against the Canuckers Ward played a real good game. He's not a grinder but Trotz put him that role and so everyone thinks he's a grinder.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
The fact that a team like Nashville gets rewarded for playing such a horrible brand of hockey is disappointed. They sit back all 2nd, very few chances, then get a goal like that and could win it, just brutal. No wonder they have no fans down there.
Quote:
If the NHL is serious about improving their product, I suggest the first thing they should do is eliminate the Predators from the league. The Predators are essentially killing their product's appeal. I wouldn't blame any curious new hockey fans from tuning into something else after watching a bit of this game.
Quote:
Terry Crisp is the worst.
Quote:
I care about the Preds missing the playoffs more than I care about the Canucks coming in first.
Quote:
I hope they don't just miss the playoffs; I hope the franchise folds and there is a dispersion draft, with Barry Trotz banned from coaching. This is worse than watching baseball.
Quote:
worst game ever. hate the preds so much, worst hockey ever.
Quote:
Why on earth would anyone consciously purchase tickets to a game against the Predators?
Quote:
This is why they need to get rid of coaches like Trotz and so on. Or get rid of those teams period. Maybe if the league wasnt so diluted with talent, we wouldnt see this piss poor excuse for a hockey game.

I gave my tickets away to this game. For free because I knew it would be a waste of time. Win or lose.
Quote:
Well, as been mentioned the entertainment factor has been unsuprisingly nill. Don't want to see that team in the playoffs, they make the opposition players fall asleep with their dreadful boring style of ineptitude.
Quote:
Officials were as bad as Preds crap trap hockey tehy let the clog hack hold whack go all night make it look bush league but its a GB freindly sunbelt team theyd get away with murder wouldnt it be fun to have them show up to an opponents rink and have 0 fans show maybe the NHL would notice this crap isnt at all worth the price .
Quote:
Nobody can defend that abomination. Preds fans: feel shame. I would be saying the same thing if the Canucks played like that.
Quote:
you style of hockey is why noone watches hockey in nashville.

Kind of ironic that their current meme over there is "deal with it".

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

i'd be offended if the average intelligence over there didn't scream "bandwagon 12 year old."

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 12:13 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymc2641 View Post
No man, I am a Preds fan, Section 309
My mistake. Carry on

Old
03-05-2011, 02:00 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
Wilson is going to be top notch unless Trotz continues to stifle his talent. Remember Wilson was drafted as a center. To think he's like a Dumont is way wrong he has a more physical game if Trotz keeps messing with him then he develop into another legwand...high draft pick that didn't pan out.
Dumont was drafted 3rd overall. It should also be noted that his best years were under Trotz.

I also wish people would get over the fact that Legwand just doesn't' have high end offensive abilities and quit blaming Trotz for it.

What do you define as "top notch" for Wilson's potential?

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 02:18 PM
dulzhok

We we do make the playoffs, I'm hoping that we play Vancouver. We seem to have really matched up well with them the past 2 games. They seem frustrated, to say the least.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Here are the stats from the top two Preds lines, last 5 games (although Wilson's last game, changed lines.

Erat 2 pts +2
SK 0 pts -3
Fisher 1 pt -4
Horqvist 1 pt +1
Wilson 2pts +2
Legwand 4pts +3

Tell me why no one has made any comments on the "production" of these "top 6". Other than 33 and 11, have not heard nor read any discussion on Fisher, and SK especially.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I've read comments from people about how SK has fallen off, and several more about how the Fisher trade wasn't worth it. I think the discussion is happening, it just hasn't gotten out of hand

Old
03-05-2011, 10:10 PM
PredsChik

I think SK is hurt.

Also, nobody do the GDT tomorrow, I will make it but I won't be near a computer until around noon-ish. kthxbai

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:29 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
I think SK is hurt.

Also, nobody do the GDT tomorrow, I will make it but I won't be near a computer until around noon-ish. kthxbai
He is. That game he missed, remember? He is obviously not 100%. Playing very short shift... No good rushes recently... Lucking confidence... Don't shoot the puck.
But they can't afford not to play him... We simply do not have other guns...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:52 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Dumont was drafted 3rd overall. It should also be noted that his best years were under Trotz.

I also wish people would get over the fact that Legwand just doesn't' have high end offensive abilities and quit blaming Trotz for it.

What do you define as "top notch" for Wilson's potential?
I think Wilson can be a 30 goal and above goal scorer. But not the way he coached now.

If you can't blame Trotz then who do you blame. He was drafted with that potential and he didn't develop into a scorer. Trotz is more concerned about defense and knows only how to coach defense.

Even though Dumont had his best years it didn't determine how Trotz thinks of him. Since before this season and last when Dumont was our top point producer. Then banished to the fourth line and now he's a scratch every game.

I think most of our offensive talent that comes here with scoring abilities and are smothered.

Old
03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
roseyc

[QUOTE=PredsChik20;31449177]
Quote:
I think SK is hurt.

[I think SK is hurt.
/QUOTE]

I think so to ...last game he looked better

Old
03-06-2011, 10:47 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

If that's true is a hurt SK really better than an unhurt dumont?
If he is hurt that explains his reduced performance lately, but if he is significantly hurt we do have other oprionsn just not great ones.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
If he is hurt that explains his reduced performance lately, but if he is significantly hurt we do have other oprionsn just not great ones.
i think so. It isn't his wheels that are hurting. he can still skate and defend better than dumont, and before I get flamed, that is what he needs to play right now.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
well, that depends ..... straight up, sure SK is better than JP, but if you put Wilson in his place and JP on the 4th line then maybe the net impact is better.... certainly would be on O

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote