HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Brian "Gretzky" Boyle?

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2011, 10:38 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Using size to your advantage clearly only means fighting.

Not power moves, board battles, puck possession, such nonsense is for the Euro nancy pants.
Great job, sir, I loled hard.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
Old
03-04-2011, 10:39 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
It's an absolute shame what happens to this board when the team isn't playing well. The quality of posters decreases dramatically and it forces away the intelligent posters. I mean this with no disrespect to BB, but it's pathetic that one of the most logical and knowledgeable posters right now is a 15 year old. I used to always have the HF tab open on firefox but I barely even come here anymore and now I remember why.
Damn straight, bro. Damn straight.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:19 AM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
It's an absolute shame what happens to this board when the team isn't playing well. The quality of posters decreases dramatically and it forces away the intelligent posters. I mean this with no disrespect to BB, but it's pathetic that one of the most logical and knowledgeable posters right now is a 15 year old. I used to always have the HF tab open on firefox but I barely even come here anymore and now I remember why.
Don't give him any ego boosts, at 15 his head will swell and by the time he is 18 he will be a megalomaniac.

03-05-2011, 06:24 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Exactly..He doesn't feel like fighting EVERY NIGHT..We can both agree on that..If you think he's using his size to its full advantage than good for you..I totally disagree..Not once did I say I want him fighting every game and turn into a goon..Being 6ft 7 260 lbs should be a huge advantage for him..He could be a physical force if he wanted to..He has no interest in that style.
You're just mad because people didn't drop the gloves. Get over it. Not every game will have a bench clearing brawl.

There is this great Internet invention called "Youtube." You should check it out. It has a channel specifically for hockey fights where you can go and watch hockey fights from around the league every night. If that's not enough for you I'm sure you could get drunk and walk around with a handi-cam beating the **** out of people as you walk down the street in an intoxicated fit of rage. Teach those video nerds who is boss!

Old
03-05-2011, 01:41 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

You couldn't be more wrong..He should be wrecking people along the boards..Does he do that on a regular basis?? Hell no...He should be a bull in a China Shop with his size..He plays like he's 6ft 190lbs...Total waste of size..Could you imagine if Prust had Boyles size??

Quote:
Using size to your advantage clearly only means fighting.

Not power moves, board battles, puck possession, such nonsense is for the Euro nancy pants.

I will say this; I am still happier with the prospect of Boyle as a 4th line center who can step up than a 3rd liner permanently. Same with Prust at RW.

Old
03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Since you continually insist that size = big hits with frequency, let's take a look at some of the players with the most hits right now:

Cal Clutterbuck is #1. He's 5'11.

Tuomo Ruutu is #2. He's 6'0.

Dustin Brown is #3. He's 6'0.

Even then, Boyle is #10 in the league in hits. That's a big fat "whoops" on your part. Honestly, do you even know how hockey is played? Because it doesn't seem that way. The only player in the league that hits like that on a game-by-game basis is MAYBE Alex Ovechkin, and even then, it's not an every game occurrence. Tyler Myers and Zdeno Chara are 6'8 and 6'9 respectively. Do you see them consistently "trucking" people? Not really. Guess they're soft, too, and also suck. Get over yourself.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:03 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Isn't it funny how the vast majority of the league's best all-around players hardly ever hit at all? Wonder why that is...

Old
03-05-2011, 04:04 PM
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Isn't it funny how the vast majority of the league's best all-around players hardly ever hit at all? Wonder why that is...
Um, duh? They're all Euro-nancy fancy pants.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:06 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Datsyuk is a wimp.

Ii think Boyle has figured out what his role is here, and how he can be effective.

Old
03-05-2011, 04:21 PM
mike14

Quote:
You people are hillarious..He stood down because he is a 6ft 7 puss with no balls..Not because he didnt want to take a penalty..We have seen the best from this guy..How many goals in the last 25?? He is a ghost in the scoring department..
6 goals in his last 25 (although it's not really that hard to look up stats yourself. Funnily enough that equates to roughly 1 goal every 4 games or over the course of an 82 game season, about 20 goals.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:21 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mastrosimone View Post
Quote:
Datsyuk is a wimp.

Ii think Boyle has figured out what his role is here, and how he can be effective.
Exactly guys, who the hell would want to be like those 'wussie wings'.

Legendary quote from Dagoon.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong..He should be wrecking people along the boards..Does he do that on a regular basis?? Hell no...He should be a bull in a China Shop with his size..He plays like he's 6ft 190lbs...Total waste of size..Could you imagine if Prust had Boyles size??
He would absolutely be crushing people with his style of play. I'm by no means judging Boyle about his productiveness offensively this season, which has been spectacular. But I do think it can improve his game alot if he were to become more physical

Old
03-06-2011, 12:33 PM
asparkoflife

Quote:
Exactly..He doesn't feel like fighting EVERY NIGHT..We can both agree on that..If you think he's using his size to its full advantage than good for you..I totally disagree..Not once did I say I want him fighting every game and turn into a goon..Being 6ft 7 260 lbs should be a huge advantage for him..He could be a physical force if he wanted to..He has no interest in that style.
I want you to name all of the big guys who are physical forces.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Has Brian Boyles Bubble Burst?

(try saying that 5 times fast)

just some food for thought. last 18 games played, Brian Boyle has 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points. Wanna know why our offense has gone dry? This guy was WAY more productive the first 3/4ths of the season, and has utterly disappeared offensively. He doesn't even look like hes creating much in the way of chances anymore. Im surprised how nobody has commented on him.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Yes.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

And that's that

Old
04-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

obviously.....

Old
04-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Rangers44*

maybe playing hurt? He took some hits and shots blocked that looked like hurt him.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
GrizMint

He is a big dude(Who has a more powerful, physically demanding stride this season), playing high pressure minutes and played everygame giving up his body. I think he is just tired and will give it his all in the playoffs.
I think he will be a very good playoff player for us and everyone will be happy with him again

Old
04-11-2011, 10:35 PM
Shadowrunner

Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
(try saying that 5 times fast)

just some food for thought. last 18 games played, Brian Boyle has 1 goal, 2 assists, 3 points. Wanna know why our offense has gone dry? This guy was WAY more productive the first 3/4ths of the season, and has utterly disappeared offensively. He doesn't even look like hes creating much in the way of chances anymore. Im surprised how nobody has commented on him.
He's a third liner who scored 20 goals for his team, and you want me to harp on him? If anyone is allowed to go on a cold streak, it's a bottom 6 player who overachieved for more than half the season.

Brian Boyle is not the problem. Our bottom 6 as a whole are not the problem. Our superstar forward is the problem. Had Gaborik scored even 10 goals more this season, I bet you we'd be sitting comfortably in 4th or 5th spot.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I don't think his bubble has burst. He's gone from barely an NHL talent to a big part of a line that shouldn't be our best line often, but is.

I don't think he'll put up 20 goals again but keep him on an X-Boyle-Prust fourth line and that's a great 4th, which means that if anything the Boyle bubble has been built (say THAT 5 times fast) from last year.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

It is known.

Maybe even if Gaborik's goals had been more spread out, instead of what was it? Like 14 in 4? Could've helped in some of those 1-0, 2-1 games.

Boyle's just come back down to Earth. But he's made huge strides this year, time's coming to see if he can perform in that early season form with any kind of consistency.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Ail
k.

^ Yup, yup.

Boyle improved his game tremendously, and that's all there is to say about that. Sucks he couldn't ride it the whole season, but he proved himself to be a valuable asset to this team's bottom 6.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i just think a lot of his offense this year has been a bit smoke and mirrory...hes played great and all as a 4th liner, but i dont think there is any way in hell he scored 20 goals again, and i also think its a huge mistake when Torts replaces AA with him.

Old
04-11-2011, 10:43 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

He's also a GREAT locker room guy, it looks like. Always the last off the ice and him, Marty and Prust always would do that weird celebration high five thing.

Big body, good character, and can chip in around 10-15 goals? I'll take it every day.

Closed Thread