HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks - 03/05/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

vCash: 500
what a shinny game

Old
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I don't know, I hate the Canucks but, seeing the Ducks lose would be nice for the standings.
I don't know, hope they just beat the **** out of each other.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
The PP is brutal. To not have the ability to change strategies mid game is beyond anything I've ever heard of in pro sports. Murray and Kompon have the same strategy every game whether it works or not. I hate the Terry Murray look of disbelief so much I have named it the Ter Glare. Show some emotion!

Old
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
You know who really sucks? The fans in LA at the game. That was embarrasing watching that on tv and hearing the Canuck fans out cheer them the entire game. People up here in BC were laughing at you guys because there was more Canucks fans there than Kings fans. Disgraceful. You wonder why the team can't get up for a home game.
It's cause they all moved to Los Angeles.

Old
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I ****ing hate the Canucks. I hate them so much. I can't wait to see them fall in the postseason. Onto the next game... Need to settle down and focus to get 2 points in the next game.
+1

Nice to know they'll lose in the playoffs but no team is filled with more diving cheating piece smug ***** then the Canucks.

Old
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Kings offense is still a problem. It's a coaching issue, frankly.
This exactly. This system/Murray just isn't going to get us over the hump. Another game with 1 goal

Old
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Kopi missed his assignment on the goal and somehow the cheating of Canucks gets by the refs again. That is why I hate them.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Shellz

The Canucks are the only team in Canada that are coming close to winning the cup. So, you know why they have so many.

Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Sedin got away with not one but two push-offs in the back.

Well, on to the next one.

I agree what someone said above, Vancouver will choke it again in the playoffs. It is as sure as it is to see the Sun rise in the east.

Old
Orenji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Doughty embarrassed himself, he knows we're going on the PP and he does some stupid **** like that and gets himself put in the box too. Being on the ice is better than doing that, and doing that killed any chance we had of scoring on the PP. Gotta get a grip.
Doughty has been like this most of the year. When he isn't producing and the Kings go down or he doesn't get the call he likes, he starts yapping at the refs and goes crazy.

If he had just taken the elbow and not dove to the ice, we might have gotten a 2 man advantage for two whole minutes. It was a pretty embarrassing sight seeing him have to be picked out with 30 seconds to go.

He's a great player, but he played pretty bleh today. All his fancy spin moves and dekes led to absolutely zilch. All his shots were wide by a mile.

Old
zeppelin97

Kings power play is too simple (screen/shoot the puck......wide). Theres no movement, no creativity. Nothing. Just a blank, empty void.

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
I don't know, hope they just beat the **** out of each other.
Haha. I want to see blood.

Old
tantrum4*

Quote:
What are you gonna do? There are a lot of bandwagon Canucks fans in LA.
CHEER LOUDER!!

Old
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Doughty needs to get a talking to by a coach or something. He really lost it after the Canucks took the lead with eight minutes left. I know he's fired up, but he seriously was going too off the handle at the end. He had tons of chances today to score or do something, but he shot wide every single time. I was embarrassed having him yell crazily at the refs for the final ten minutes and then get thrown out.

Quick played good. Everyone else played anywhere from decent to bad. no one really stood out except Quick.

Our power play is awful.
That goal shouldn't have even counted. There should've been 2 interference calls on that 2nd Canucks goal. One was goaltender interference and the 2nd was Sedin on Doughty. I absolutely hate when refs decide a game, and that's what happened today.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
vt89*

Quote:
Are there? Is it just the hipster thing to do, or is it BC expatriates?

Either way, this is spring break time of the year in BC and with games @ LA and @ Anaheim this is an ideal time to see the Canucks without paying a million for ticks and take a nice trip to a nice city.

Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Ain't that the truth.

Old
YouCantYandleThis*
Moustache Enthusiast

Thoughts from a Canucks fan here.

Terribly refereed for both sides. Alot of feeling stifled by stupid penalties really, but over-all pretty entertaining game.

Quick was amazing, but the Kings looked more worried about beating up on the Canucks players than scoring unless they were on the PP, so it's too bad about a wasted effort.

The kings are much too good to not make the playoffs though.

Edit: Can someone explain the cheating thing to me? Because...I don't see it. The Canucks (and Kings mind you) may have gotten away with penalties, but cheating? Come on.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

shame that after 1 of the better games of the year to watch as a pure fan of the game, the refs **** it up on the gwg.

but meh, if the refs are going to butch a call to cost the kings the game, id rather it come against the Canucks than a team in the pack

Old
mbar

Thought Doughty had a bad game for the first time in a while. They out-chanced us by a ratio of like 8-1 so I guess they deserve to win, debatable second goal or not.

Old
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
CHEER LOUDER!!
Hard to do when half the Kings "fans" treat games as nothing more than an outing.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:46 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I ****ing hate the Canucks. I hate them so much. I can't wait to see them fall in the postseason. Onto the next game... Need to settle down and focus to get 2 points in the next game.

what gets me is how the media in Vancouver and some posters act like the canucks will have a walk to the cup finals. WHen the canucks get knocked a few posters will be whinging about how much abuse is being hurled their way. Ignoring how much mud they have tosssed over the season

Old
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Doughty has been like this most of the year. When he isn't producing and the Kings go down or he doesn't get the call he likes, he starts yapping at the refs and goes crazy.

Are you ****ing joking? Thank god he's playing with some anger and doesn't just sit around and pretend that it doesn't matter. We got robbed today and we had better hope the team takes some of this bull **** and brings the pain next time.

You want to point to Doughty? The whole team + coaches was livid.

Old
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I honestly hate the Nucks and their ******* fans with the fire of a thousands suns. I have no respect for anyone or anything associated with that team (other than WM ). Nothing but a bunch of obnoxious and entitled bandwagon crybabies who scream conspiracy and blame everyone but their own team when the lose. Yet when they win, they are God's gift to the world.

Now that I got that off my chest, the Kings deserved that loss. They took stupid penalties and were unable to get anything going on the PP. Quick was solid and it's a shame that we still struggle on scoring. This is the type of game that Kopi has to step up in. Also, DD needs to grow up and not act like a spoiled brat on the ice like that. He's head is not in the game when he pulls that crap and it only hurts us even more.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vt89 View Post
Are there? Is it just the hipster thing to do, or is it BC expatriates?

Either way, this is spring break time of the year in BC and with games @ LA and @ Anaheim this is an ideal time to see the Canucks without paying a million for ticks and take a nice trip to a nice city.
No, there is always a lot of Canucks fans. They ditch the North Pole and they come down here.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
taipale*

Great game with a lot of hustle and intensity in the rink. Only thing that left a sour taste was the s**ty hit with the punch to Hamhuis' neck from Ponikarovsky. Quick was absolutely AMAZING.

A PO series with these two teams could be fun..

Closed Thread