HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks - 03/05/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2011, 05:56 PM
tantrum4*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
At least we'll be in the post season.

Nah LA will make it. Good game tonight Telos. You guys are a good team. <3
It's great how so many Canuck fans are happy with just making the playoffs. It's because they all know once they get there, they wont do anything.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Shellz

Wow. Imagine if this was the playoffs again? This thread is hilarious.

Old
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

The Los Angeles Kings have the best fans in the world.

Anyone who comes in here should not be allowed to call our fans pathetic.

Typical 'Nucks fan. Basura blanco.

Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Last time I almost got permabanned was during the playoffs. Not sure I could make it through another series between these teams.

Old
03-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
At least we'll be in the post season.

Nah LA will make it. Good game tonight Telos. You guys are a good team. <3
I hope to ****ing god the Kings meet the Canucks in the playoffs.

So, how long have you been a fan? I'll be waiting for your answer.

Old
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Where the hell was Kopitar in the game? He had zero impact. For an elite talent, you'd expect your best player to show up and try to take over the game, but he has failed to do that, especially in critical times when the team needs him most.

Old
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite View Post
"What... what the **** is this? We're getting trolled by mods!

Dude basic HF rules is that after **** like this you don't run around on other peoples boards trying to rub salt into the wounds and pick a ****ing fight.
Correct. But i'm not doing any of that.

I actually don't understand why LA fans are so angry right now, the game was one of the most entertaining games i've watched in awhile. Especially when it was going back and forth. If Canucks lost i'd still say the same.

**** happens, move on to the next game. Doesn't really matter until the playoffs anyways. Who knows maybe it'll be Vancouver vs LA again and we'll continue this rivalry

03-05-2011, 05:59 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
And the kings have done more than the Canucks? We're both cupless franchises.. just sayin..

good game. Playoff type game.
Little more, but on opposite ends of their respective histories.

Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Kopitar no shots on goal and a minus 2. Stoll, Kopitar, Handzus and Lewis combined for 2 shots on goal. I'd make these guys skate til they puke, coaches included.

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
And the kings have done more than the Canucks? We're both cupless franchises.. just sayin..

good game. Playoff type game.
Why don't you just be the bigger person and WALK AWAY (click away for this situation)

Old
03-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Fangio

Raise your game Staples Center, that was embarrassing today. On the same note..how about that power(less) play? This needs to be addressed asap, Kings have no chance when special teams are dry. Not a fan of Dustin Penner.. what do they see in him? yea it fills a hole, but this team needed something else.

Old
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Kopitar no shots on goal and a minus 2. Stoll, Kopitar, Handzus and Lewis combined for 2 shots on goal. I'd make these guys skate til they puke, coaches included.
That's so brutal.

Old
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingOmatic View Post
How can THAT many people leave Vancouver for Los Angeles...??? Don't buy this they travel well bull crap. They don't! They already live in LA. The only thing Canadians love more then hockey is Los Angeles! And that's a FACT!
Not trying to stir anything, but i know two separate groups of people who went down to LA this weekend, to catch both the Kings and Ducks game and fly back. Such a good weekend trip to get away from the rain/overcast.

Sure, there are probably a lot of Canadians living there, but there are also quite a few travelers. Yes, i do like visiting LA - very fun city. Hope i can make a trip like that soon.

Fun game this afternoon.

Old
vt89*

Quote:

I actually don't understand why LA fans are so angry right now, the game was one of the most entertaining games i've watched in awhile. Especially when it was going back and forth. If Canucks lost i'd still say the same.

**** happens, move on to the next game. Doesn't really matter until the playoffs anyways. Who knows maybe it'll be Vancouver vs LA again and we'll continue this rivalry
i've seen bigger regular season meltdowns of our own fanbase when we play chicago.

Old
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:

Eh, Parabola.. The Canucks have a dozen or so point buffer between them and anyone that can threaten to move them out of the playoffs.

Kings are holding on by a thread. So any loss, especially one that may feel slighted, is gonna generate a high level of passion in negativity.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
WTF is going on here? It's just another loss for the Kings. Big game on Monday, another must win for JDM.

Old
kingchuckb

That winning goal by Sedin definitely left a bad taste in my mouth, though I do think the Kings got outplayed for a good deal of the game.

And jeez- our Powerplay???? 0-6....

In the end, even with that missed call on Sedin, the only people the Kings have to blame is themselves... 1 goal??????

Quick played amazing though, too bad he got no support.
Also- Kompon needs to be fired.... the Kings powerplay is so bad and so stale...
We are so predictable... constant kicking it out to the point to shoot it into the other team and get the puck cleared, or move it behind the net and then do nothing with it....

And why are Canuck fans hating on the Kings in our own board?

Old
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Doesn't really matter until the playoffs anyways. Who knows maybe it'll be Vancouver vs LA again and we'll continue this rivalry
I ask for nothing more.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Where the hell was Kopitar in the game? He had zero impact. For an elite talent, you'd expect your best player to show up and try to take over the game, but he has failed to do that, especially in critical times when the team needs him most.
I wouldn't go that far but I've noticed, and don't understand, why when he's driving he keeps going around the net then makes the pass to a high point d-man instead of driving right into the net. Seems he's picking up some bad habits.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Shellz

It's crazy what one playoff series can do. I mean, I hated the team before but the playoffs just fueled it that much more.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:03 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Not trying to stir anything, but i know two separate groups of people who went down to LA this weekend, to catch both the Kings and Ducks game and fly back. Such a good weekend trip to get away from the rain/overcast.

Sure, there are probably a lot of Canadians living there, but there are also quite a few travelers. Yes, i do like visiting LA - very fun city. Hope i can make a trip like that soon.

Fun game this afternoon.
Yah, it's probably the first time those people have seen the sun since last August. They're high on Vitamin D.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Handzus has got to go. He has been awful except for a handfull of games this season. There was a point on the p.p. where I was screaming, "Skate god damnit!" on a dump in. Of course the Cancuks d-man beat him to the puck and cleared it.

Old
Orenji

Meh, now we have to hope the Maple Leafs (no way), Red Wings (we're the only team who apparently loses to them in the Pacific), and Sharks beat the three teams right below us or in front of us. If those three can all win (unlikely), we'll still be in a good spot.

Old
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsholygrail View Post
Eh, Parabola.. The Canucks have a dozen or so point buffer between them and anyone that can threaten to move them out of the playoffs.

Kings are holding on by a thread. So any loss, especially one that may feel slighted, is gonna generate a high level of passion in negativity.
Fair enough.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Orenji

Zeus was pretty bad. He's good on the penalty kill, but that's about it. He had the same chance Daniel had with the open net, but he just missed on it. He always misses on tap ins and shots next to the goal. Even the time he scored on the Capitals, he missed twice and then had to whack a third time for it to go in.

He is absolutely done after this season. There is no way he will be back with this team.

Closed Thread