HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Canucks - 03/05/11 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
They are even joking about he winning goal on Sportsnet about Sedin pushing Doughty into Quick. They're calling it a "smart play". No wonder I absolutely ****ing detest the Canucks.
I guess it is a smart play when you get away with it.

Old
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
WTF is going on here? It's just another loss for the Kings. Big game on Monday, another must win for JDM.
...and for a certain poster celebrating a birthday that day...

Old
MISC*
Negged.

Nucks fan here.

I understand the anger. This time of year is brutal.

Just happy no injuries.

Good luck next game.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

So these teams meet at least one more time this season(barring any post season meeting) on the road.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Ajtacker

How many points need to be stolen from the kings this year? I am a fan of all sports and never have I seen such ridiculous officiating across the entire league. The NHL has become a complete joke, and they wonder why no one watches?

(edit) via dictionary.com Sport: Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

I approve of the fact Matt Greene got pp time on the games last pp. Definately a wiser diecision than having JJ play a full 2 minutes or something. Or even just put a forward on the point alongside A-Mart

Old
03-05-2011, 06:15 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Fans blaming the officiating are crybabies. Look at how man f'ng opportunities the Kings had to tie the game or take the lead. Doughty should be stronger on his skates, especially around his own net. It's not like Sedin is a power forward who bowled over him. Stop whining about the officiating, you guys are coming off just like the Nucks fans during the playoffs.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:16 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Handzus has got to go. He has been awful except for a handfull of games this season. There was a point on the p.p. where I was screaming, "Skate god damnit!" on a dump in. Of course the Cancuks d-man beat him to the puck and cleared it.
He's skating as though he has some sort of injury. There is no top speed for Zus anymore and it appears to take a ton of effort to get to his outside edges or God forbid his crossover.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Shellz

Didn't take long to see a Vancouver fan make a thread about it.

Sucks to lose to the Canucks. The PP is just ugly. I don't know how Dean can honestly just watch it game after game. I'm sure it's the players fault and the coaches too. The depressing part is I don't expect anything to change.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Didn't take long to see a Vancouver fan make a thread about it.

Sucks to lose to the Canucks. The PP is just ugly. I don't know how Dean can honestly just watch it game after game. I'm sure it's the players fault and the coaches too. The depressing part is I don't expect anything to change.
With a pp consisting of Smyth (the 2nd best player in the league in the crease), Kopitar (a player in the top 15 in points) and 2 40 point Dmen on the point

It is most definately a huge part to do with the coaching staff. The Kings literally have 1 set play. Kopi has the puck on the half wall, he passes it to the top of the umbrella, he gets the puck back, the point man at top of umbrella then drives the net and kopi looks for the cross ice 1 timer through the lane opened up to the other point man.

The problem is that that set piece has worked once this season.

Dont see why we dont just go back to last years plan of, puck ---> Stoll --> shoot

At least it generated some goals

Old
03-05-2011, 06:25 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

How much more dynamic will the Kings be next season with Schenn and without Handzus? I'm looking forward to it.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:26 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
How much more dynamic will the Kings be next season with Schenn and without Handzus? I'm looking forward to it.
Those two words will never go together as long as Tampon and Murray are here.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

TM and Quick hahahaha:

After the game, the Kings were hot about a non-call on Vancouver’s game-winning goal, with 8:24 remaining in the third period. Alex Burrows made contact with Kings goalie Jonathan Quick, but play continued and Daniel Sedin scored moments later. Two questions into his postgame news conference, Terry Murray was asked about the play…

Murray, visibly agitated, said “It’s a ******** shame that that goal is allowed. The guy is in the crease. Quick can’t move his stick and Doughty is pushed over the top of our goaltender. It’s a ******** shame that that goal is allowed. It should not be allowed. That’s a penalty.”

With that, Murray turned and walked away, fielding no more questions. Quick was no less pleased with the non-call.

“Burrows runs into me, as his original shot is taken, and it’s not called,” Quick said. “Maybe if I dive like they do, you get that call, but otherwise I guess you don’t. … I just know that, on the original shot, I’m not allowed to make the save I want to make, because Burrows bumps me. You’ve got to allow the goaltender to attempt to make the save he’s trying to make. Other than that, at the end of the day we didn’t play good enough. We’ve got to play better.”

Old
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Those two words will never go together as long as Tampon and Murray.
True. OK, how great will Schenn look shielding the puck from the defense right next to the Bud Light board advertisement and then passing the puck to the point?

Old
BloatedGuppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
The PP is just ugly.
WTH is going on with that? I remember last year in our series the Kings PP was just scoring at will. 10 seconds in, 3 seconds in, 20 seconds in. They'd do a little pass and in it went. It got to the point where I was just helplessly laughing because it was so inevitable. Part of that was the Canucks PK being absolutely futile, but the Kings looked beyond lethal.

Same personnel. Same coaching staff. Guys like Doughty and Johnson and Kopitar are moving closer to their primes and only getting better. Has it been like this all year?

Old
no name

Quote:
They are even joking about he winning goal on Sportsnet about Sedin pushing Doughty into Quick. They're calling it a "smart play". No wonder I absolutely ****ing detest the Canucks.
Canadian media.

Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Those two words will never go together as long as Tampon and Murray are here.
This. Murray and dynamic doesn't work.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
onlyalad

There was interference on the GWG for sure, but the Kings had a several chances before that to win and did not convert. Kings should ban all Saturday afternoon games. Team does not come to play.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Quick said. “Maybe if I dive like they do, you get that call, but otherwise I guess you don’t.
A-maz-ing

Old
03-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

I don't believe out offense sucks. Jeez, we have five 20 goal scorers. It's Murray's damn system. Dean did it wrong, he should have gotten Murray first, then Crawford.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Tadite

Quote:
After the game, the Kings were hot about a non-call on Vancouver’s game-winning goal, with 8:24 remaining in the third period. Alex Burrows made contact with Kings goalie Jonathan Quick, but play continued and Daniel Sedin scored moments later. Two questions into his postgame news conference, Terry Murray was asked about the play…

Murray, visibly agitated, said “It’s a ******** shame that that goal is allowed. The guy is in the crease. Quick can’t move his stick and Doughty is pushed over the top of our goaltender. It’s a ******** shame that that goal is allowed. It should not be allowed. That’s a penalty.”

With that, Murray turned and walked away, fielding no more questions. Quick was no less pleased with the non-call.

“Burrows runs into me, as his original shot is taken, and it’s not called,” Quick said. “Maybe if I dive like they do, you get that call, but otherwise I guess you don’t. … I just know that, on the original shot, I’m not allowed to make the save I want to make, because Burrows bumps me. You’ve got to allow the goaltender to attempt to make the save he’s trying to make. Other than that, at the end of the day we didn’t play good enough. We’ve got to play better.”

And people say it was just Doughty! The team looked beyond furious. Man I didn't even see the Burrows thing but he'd been running Quick all day....

Old
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloatedGuppy View Post
WTH is going on with that? I remember last year in our series the Kings PP was just scoring at will. 10 seconds in, 3 seconds in, 20 seconds in. They'd do a little pass and in it went. It got to the point where I was just helplessly laughing because it was so inevitable. Part of that was the Canucks PK being absolutely futile, but the Kings looked beyond lethal.

Same personnel. Same coaching staff. Guys like Doughty and Johnson and Kopitar are moving closer to their primes and only getting better. Has it been like this all year?
Yep, it's been like this all season. Been getting better recently until this game. It's total crap. I don't know what the hell's going on but our zone entry and breakout is all kinds of messed up, way worse than our execution when we get into the zone. And it doesn't seem like we're winning a lot of faceoffs this season either.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
“Maybe if I dive like they do, you get that call, but otherwise I guess you don’t.
You know what they say, "Truer words, were never spoken.". You can sence the hatred in that comment, I love it.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Nice to see cheating is needed to win. The winning goal is on you refs.

I think I've lost count, but does that make (in the realm of) 5 points in the standings that were lost to us due to poor officiating? There was Hanzal's high-stick tip in (otherwise, the game goes to OT and we get a point), Smyth's disallowed non-high-stick goal, and now this. We should have 79-81 points already except for the refs. Thanks.

Old
03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Cruel11 may be on to something with that with Murray 1st and Crawford later. They didn't drive to the net hard enough tonight.

That said, I have always disliked the casucks. Even while living in Seattle, I couldn't follow them. Hope to see them in the playoffs against us. If not us, would love to see Vancouver play Chicago

Closed Thread