HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bad Goal? What do you think?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
  #1
KingsVision
HFB Partner
 
KingsVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 2,852
vCash: 500
Bad Goal? What do you think?

03/05/11 - D. Sedin Goal vs. LA



Bad Goal? What do you think?

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:28 PM
  #2
Quattro
Registered User
 
Quattro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 4,157
vCash: 500
there were 2 penalties on Vancouver on the play but we just have to face up to the fact that we will never get those calls against a canadian team

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:38 PM
  #3
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It doesn't even have to be called a penalty for the goal to be disallowed. The Kings have lost goals with less contact.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:39 PM
  #4
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,122
vCash: 500
I'm more upset that the Kings failed to do anything on their many PP chances.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:44 PM
  #5
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm more upset that the Kings failed to do anything on their many PP chances.
Yes, but that is a given almost every night. The Kings just don't need BS goals to count against them. It ruins Murray's system. It's hard to grind out 2-1 wins if the refs allow bad goals.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:45 PM
  #6
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,414
vCash: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
It doesn't even have to be called a penalty for the goal to be disallowed. The Kings have lost goals with less contact.
as much as I would love to rip into the nucks for that--the contact was not directly with the goalie and DD and Sedin bumped--but no way did Sedin have enough contact that should have cause DD to fall into his own goalie

__________________
not sure how--but the fish just jumped in the boat and put the hook in it's mouth
52299/14814
The twenty year rebuild is on!!! Embrace the suck
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:52 PM
  #7
Fangio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,225
vCash: 50
am I missing something here? looks like typical hockey..

Fangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 07:55 PM
  #8
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,096
vCash: 50
Yeah I don't think it's a bad goal either. Defensemen generally get away with murder down there, and Doughty wasn't pushed very hard. The bigger problem, as Ziggy said, is that we aren't scoring enough goals.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:00 PM
  #9
regulate
Registered User
 
regulate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Bad defense by Penner causes the wide open player to get the first shot, which leads to the goal.

regulate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:06 PM
  #10
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 52,414
vCash: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yeah I don't think it's a bad goal either. Defensemen generally get away with murder down there, and Doughty wasn't pushed very hard. The bigger problem, as Ziggy said, is that we aren't scoring enough goals.
This



There was nothing out of the ordinary about that goal

one thing I would be concerned about is how DD played the puck--he didn't take his man

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:06 PM
  #11
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm more upset that the Kings failed to do anything on their many PP chances.
Exactly. 0-6 on the PP is not good hockey.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:07 PM
  #12
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9
 
ScoreZeGoals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Yeah I don't think it's a bad goal either. Defensemen generally get away with murder down there, and Doughty wasn't pushed very hard. The bigger problem, as Ziggy said, is that we aren't scoring enough goals.
What about the elbow to Quicks head?

ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
  #13
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
Did you guys think that the refs were trying to "settle" the game down right from the start and kept calling marginal calls/only taking one guy. Like seriously, the penalty on Mitchell and the one on Ballard... REALLY penalties? 12 powerplays is pretty damn telling if you ask me. Poor reffing effort IMO but unlike most complaints on HF I think this was poor both ways.

YogiCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:23 PM
  #14
Jetteroheller
Registered User
 
Jetteroheller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Canada
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
It was a bad goal, the kings have had many goals with much less contact taken away...Officiating around the league has been so poor this year.

Jetteroheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
  #15
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,096
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
What about the elbow to Quicks head?
There is extremely little contact. I know we get screwed pretty bad on a lot of these calls whether it be our guy into the goaltender or their's into ours but this one is not even near the same realm of being as bad.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:32 PM
  #16
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
There is extremely little contact. I know we get screwed pretty bad on a lot of these calls whether it be our guy into the goaltender or their's into ours but this one is not even near the same realm of being as bad.
I think that is why Quick and Murray are pissed. They just want consistency from the league. Any time you can get people taking about it can't be bad.

Won't change the result, but last time the Kings lost out on a call, they went on a pretty good run. With Murray being so emotionless, the team needs an outside catalyst to get them going. Hopefully this sparks another winning streak.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:55 PM
  #17
SDGolfer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by regulate View Post
Bad defense by Penner causes the wide open player to get the first shot, which leads to the goal.
Here we go...

SDGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:09 PM
  #18
Brad Doty
Moderator
Compliance Hero
 
Brad Doty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 10,228
vCash: 250
I don't want to complain excessively, but we sure seem to be on the bad end of a disproportionate number of crap goal calls.

Somewhere, Mike Murphy is sitting in his office, tapping his fingers together and muttering 'excellent'

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:12 PM
  #19
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I don't want to complain excessively, but we sure seem to be on the bad end of a disproportionate number of crap goal calls.

Somewhere, Mike Murphy is sitting in his office, tapping his fingers together and muttering 'excellent'
So, you're saying that Murphy is getting his resume together for AEG?

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 09:47 PM
  #20
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
It doesn't look like much when you see it, but it's a specific rule in the books. I think Jim Fox made reference to it on the air. It's not a typical hockey play as some are saying.

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

"…If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed…"

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:00 PM
  #21
tantrum4*
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kelowna, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
It doesn't look like much when you see it, but it's a specific rule in the books. I think Jim Fox made reference to it on the air. It's not a typical hockey play as some are saying.

Rule 69 - Interference on the Goalkeeper

"…If a defending player has been pushed, shoved, or fouled by an attacking player so as to cause the defending player to come into contact with his own goalkeeper, such contact shall be deemed contact initiated by the attacking player for purposes of this rule, and if necessary a penalty assessed to the attacking player and if a goal is scored it would be disallowed…"
Bingo. Nothing else to say here, we was robbed clear as day.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:01 PM
  #22
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,391
vCash: 500
After lookin at the video replay the only penalty that could have been called was Daniel pushing Doughty into the goalie, but there is no interference otherwise. That's pretty much why Doughty was pissed.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:16 PM
  #23
TonySCV
Moderator
One More Time
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,902
vCash: 500
It's interference. It wasn't called. **** happens.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:25 PM
  #24
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
It's interference. It wasn't called. **** happens.
Too often to the Kings though. Hopefully it will finally "even" out in the playoffs.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:57 AM
  #25
kingscourt26
Registered User
 
kingscourt26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Did you guys think that the refs were trying to "settle" the game down right from the start and kept calling marginal calls/only taking one guy. Like seriously, the penalty on Mitchell and the one on Ballard... REALLY penalties? 12 powerplays is pretty damn telling if you ask me. Poor reffing effort IMO but unlike most complaints on HF I think this was poor both ways.
There was a bit of a scrum in the first 10 seconds of the game. Of course the refs were trying to settle things down. I commend them for that. If the game gets out of hand, someone could get hurt.

As far as the goal, Doughty messed up and it cost us. He should be mad at himself for getting handled in front of the net then not recovering his emotions after. It was a good goal.

kingscourt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.