HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** yes!

Old
03-05-2011, 11:11 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post

"Moar pain? Moar goals!!"
It probably just rung hard against his BALLS OF STEEL!!

Ahem, great game from everyone. Subban back to overall solid D.
Eller. Eller. Eller. 1 word: Centre.
Kost: I'm gonna go ahead and jinx him: 7-game hot streak. Beauty.
Gomer still had Gomerly moments, but he fought hard and it ended well. Hustle is the key.
Go Sopel! Shot-blocking stud. Gets outskated by the really fast, but his positioning is solid.

A PO matchup with Tampa would definitely be exciting, but I'd rather we get an easier team in the first.
Boston.. I feel that Boston is gonna put a hole in our defense next game...

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:18 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patccmoi View Post
That's hilarious. He really seems to have monstrous games after getting hurt in the previous one.
I can't find the quote at the moment, but I remember him basically saying that he tends to plays better when he's a little hurt. Simply put, Max-Pac is just a beast right now.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:18 PM
CaptainKelowna

Wow... Watch the TSN highlights. Prepared to be shocked at the horrible pronunciation of Dasharnais' name... Ouch!

CaptainKelowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Going forward I think this would be ideal..

Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Cammalleri
Pacioretty-Gomez-Gionta
Pouliot-Desharnais-Darche
Halpern-Eller-Moen
Kostitsyn seems to be enjoying the 3rd line with Eller. I don't think he can handle the pressure of a top 6 position, something Pacioretty strives for. Kostitsyn just isn't consistent enough. Leave him with Eller and don't break something that's working.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:19 PM
totalrecall

If somebody makes #Winning Avatar, I will wear it with pride.

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:32 PM
RE-HABS

Great game by the boys, and nice to get the road wins too!

Anyone questioning Timmins 1st round choices now?

Price and Patches are looking really, really good...and AK has been nice of late, maybe the kid just needed another kid to play with!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKelowna View Post
Wow... Watch the TSN highlights. Prepared to be shocked at the horrible pronunciation of Dasharnais' name... Ouch!
Omg, the girl who's doing the TSN recap is horrible. You can actually hear her flipping the papers

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip428454#clip428454

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:38 PM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzy View Post
I think Sopel played great, I like him, still undefeated with him too
? Sopel kind of went down early instead of standing near the crease on the first goal. After that, he didn't get too much ice time, 12 minutes. Then on another play he boggled the puck and couldn't get it out, kind of led to a good scoring chance for Tampa.

Gill/Hammer each had over 20mins.

Solid games from them. But, I want Mara in the lineup against tougher teams, and Sopel out, he's way too slow and doesn't handle the puck well.

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:42 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
Day-SHAR-nay!

L'abstrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:26 AM
xposbrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Anyway, looking at line combo, I see that JM did that... Bergy: you are wrong!
BTW, top-6 in the league (top 180 forwards) is 27 points and over.
I am sure most of these rop-6 in points are having PP time...
Is it possible that Halpern playing top-6 with more PP could had four (4) more points?
Not saying to give PP to Halpern but he could certainly be on a line with Plek and Cammy.
Anyway Plek needs a rest on the defensive side...

DD and Eller line would be energy lines and could very well overwhelm most of the third and fourth lines of the opposing team.
Eller line could play against the biggest lines and still outscore them with skills.

Gomez line would be a significant offense with both Gionta and Darche crashing the net. Needs good offensive d-men here to support Gomer. Still can play defense if need be...
I have no problems with Halpern. He's produced enough this year without a lot of PP time. He plays on the PK and has put up points. He skates well, checks hard, plays well on D. He drives to the net also, not afraid to get his nose dirty. If he'd be given even 1/5 of Gomez's power play time, he'd probably be at 35ish points ...

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Alright, no more freaking Charlie Sheen posts. This is a PGT, not the freaking Lounge.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:35 AM
The Goalie Mask

Good road wins by the habs...they needed that confidence boost!

We can thank Price for the wins!

Patch is really doing great....a keeper I would have to say!

The Boston game will be a great test for our team!

The Goalie Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Very impressive game for our boys tonight. If anyone would have told me that we would hold Stamkos/Lecavalier/St.Louis to 1pt, I would have laughed.

Old
03-06-2011, 12:41 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Very impressive game for our boys tonight. If anyone would have told me that we would hold Stamkos/Lecavalier/St.Louis to 1pt, I would have laughed.
If you had told me that Hal Gill would score in 2 consecutive games, I'd have called you crazy.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:58 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

good effort by the boys.

There seemed to be a playoff feeling to this one especially when you look at the intensity that the habs displayed on the 2 man kill.

The habs are finding a knack of pouncing on teams early, which this win streak has been predicated on.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:05 AM
JackieChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
If you had told me that Hal Gill would score in 2 consecutive games, I'd have called you crazy.
You're both crazy, but you're also bi-winning.

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Ha true, I don't think I could honestly have predicted that.

Actually I was glad to see Gill score another one. Hopefully it shows the others that you don't need a big shot to score, just hit the net with the puck.

Old
03-06-2011, 01:13 AM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Add Subban to the list..
might as well extend Gomez

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:49 AM
Hab-a-maniac

Seems getting trounced on national TV by Calgary in front of millions and thousands at McMahon was the impetus, the catalyst for a turnaround. We tried in that one, generating 39 shots but were so easily neutralized and had few real chances. Meanwhile, we looked porous as hell on the other end. Calgary also happens to be the hottest team we've played recently, so that made it worse. Since then? We had a real letdown in the Leafs game but mostly cause of bad D and Auld but since the Vancouver road win, this team has gotten back to a style that wins on the road. The efforts for the win against Carolina maybe deserved better than just 4-3 but again, Auld was in net.

With Price we win that won 4-1 probably. The lack of back-to-backers is huge since it gives us a chance to start Carey. Now I want to see us at least bring this compete level to the Boston game. If we don't win, I won't be super pissed as long as we see us bring our A-game.
P.S.
Neat stat: If we win our Tuesday game, it will be only the second time the Canadiens have had 14 more wins than losses at any point in a season since March of 1994 (07-08 was the last time. We hit that mark with the epic comeback 6-5 SO win against the Rags and wound up finishing 22 games above that mark, our best since 1988-89 at the time. Let's hope we cut a similar blazing path through March in 2011). Yeah I know with SOs and the losses for OT it's different but still, shows we have rarely been amongst the elites since the Demers days.

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:07 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I think it is more about duos.
I like Martin's approach:
  • Plek-Cammy;
  • Gomez-Gionta;
  • Eller-AK;
  • Desharnais-Pouliot.

snip
I agree that I like the duos too and I think he should keep these and just move the other guys around if needed. I DO NOT like Halpern on Plek's line though. The numbers you showed are missing something major, and it's Halpern's point over the course of the season. He had a lot of points early on, but he's been dead in terms of offensive production since forever it seems. He has 7 points since December 11th (35 games or so).

He's a bit like Metropolit last year, in the sense that he started strong but being on the older side and not really big, he tires and drops significantly in efficiency over the course of the season.

Halpern's strength are defensive awareness and face-offs. I'd actually see him on the DD or Eller line right now. These need a 3rd guy that is responsible defensively, and in Eller's case they could also put Halpern for important face-offs where they want to put this line out since it's not his strength yet.

I really think that Plek and Cammy needs a bigger winger that can go deep in the zone and get the pucks on the boards. Pacioretty would be the best fit, but he's already taken. I'd still personally give Pacioretty to Plek-Cammy and Moen to Gomez-Gionta, but at the same time this would likely kill the Gomez line entirely because MaxPac is the only reason the line is working right now. But I think that I'd prefer Halpern on Eller's line and maybe White (or Darche when he comes back) with Plek and Cammy, or even Moen. DD's line could use Moen too though, it would give more size for DD and a guy that's more solid defensively, because that's the bring problem of this line right now, DD and Pouliot are both not strong enough in their own zone.

But no matter what, I wouldn't touch the duos. The rest is really just trying to get the perfect fits but the reality is that we'd need an extra winger with size that we don't have to truly complete the line. The overall balance is already quite good though and we actually have 4 lines with a purpose and some interesting offensive threat, which is great. We didn't have that in a LONG time.

Patccmoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:11 AM
KareyPrice

man ive always been a big price and pacioretty supporter even last year and man it feels good watching how well they are playing this year and for years to come !!!!!!!!!!!

KareyPrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:28 AM
JSBach

I don't know what Sopel's been doing to this team, but I pray he doesn't stop!

JSBach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:11 AM
Habit11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsleafs4life View Post
I don't know what Sopel's been doing to this team, but I pray he doesn't stop!
He took Wiz off of the PK. That's not a shot at Wiz because penalty killing isn't one of his strengths. On a side note, I thought it was awesome to see Eller in the Dzone, physically challenging Lecavalier on more than one occasion. Aside from his penalties, he wasn't a liability when Boucher had Stamkos' line or Lecavalier's line out against him.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:59 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

Oh and before anyone trashes him: great ****ing game by Gomez tonight.

And by Max. Gio looked great too.
Good to hear we are getting something out of Gomez

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:35 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Went to my first Habs' game last night in a million years. And what a blast it was. A few observations from behind the bench.............

Perry Pearn really let PK after one shift - I believe it was a powerplay. Can honestly say I was as surprised as PK. LOL

Jacques Martin is no more verbal when he's in your entire sight line the whole entire game. LOL

Carey Price was great and really saved PK and Gill on that one shift as they both disappeared.

Hal Gill is tall and needs to sit as soon as he gets back to the bench.

With Weber and Sopel both in the lineup, now one of them must play the offside. Why do the Habs' keep forcing this? Weber had difficulties and I think Sopel did too hence Hamrlik's ice time climbed again.

Pacioretty scored a couple because he didn't shave - either forgot the razor or was saving energy.

Gionta is a really cool captain.

In general there was a lot of communication on the bench between everyone - forwards/forwards, d-men/d-men, d-men/forwards and of course the coaches.

Wiz' face looks much better. LOL

Pyatt's face looks much better since Boston. LOL

AK46 looks like a happier camper on his new line.

Thanks for the great game, boys! I had a blast.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote