HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Draft Day Jackets-Oilers

Old
03-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Asking price at the draft was Jordan Eberle. Doubt that has changed much since then.
yah Johanssen getting sent back to minors and not really dominating on a stacked team vs Eberle holding his own in the NHL and actually being the best scorer on the team with injuries to Hall, Hemsky and now Gagner. I am sure the vlaues of the 2 players have changed. Having said that, I see no reason for CBJ to trade away their top prospect. Eberle may have been offered earlier but isnt hitting the market anytime soon.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Saad Panda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilersPride04 View Post
whats next taylor hall and mps
You're asking for our best prospect, our best shot at finally having a #1 center, who happens to be one of the best players not in the NHL. We're not giving him away. I'm not asking for Hall, hell I'm not even asking to trade Johansen, but you wanted to know what it would take. Eberle is what it would take. Anything less and no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenzOil View Post
yah Johanssen getting sent back to minors and not really dominating on a stacked team vs Eberle holding his own in the NHL and actually being the best scorer on the team with injuries to Hall, Hemsky and now Gagner. I am sure the vlaues of the 2 players have changed. Having said that, I see no reason for CBJ to trade away their top prospect. Eberle may have been offered earlier but isnt hitting the market anytime soon.
Okay, well first off, Johansen wasn't sent to the minors, and second, Eberle was sent down to Juniors twice. Doesn't mean anything, not many guys make it right out of the draft. Johansen has played his way to being a solid top 10 player not in the NHL (I think THN over rated him a bit personally). Eberle wasn't even offered, Howson said that it would take Eberle to get Johansen at the draft, and Tambellini hung up. But that's fine with me; I'd trade him for Eberle, but I'll keep Johansen without any complaint.

I wasn't saying that Eberle's value hasn't changed, but Johansen's has also increased I would say. Not many people would have guessed he'd be one of Canada's best players, or that he'd be rated #2 by THN. I certainly wouldn't have guessed that, I hated the pick at the time.

All I was doing was answering a question. If you don't like the demand then don't ask for Johansen.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote