HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does Nashville have enough to make the playoffs?

View Poll Results: Does Nashville have enough to make the playoffs?
Yes 41 54.67%
No 25 33.33%
Should of kept the pick for Fisher 7 9.33%
Trade Weber for some scoring 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-04-2011, 04:05 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
Sorry I don't. It was said by either Pierre Lebrun or Elliot Freidman during a round table during the Olympics on CBC.

I'm not "posting about it", i am simply responding to others.
you are trolling

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
If he signs a 1 year deal you can guarantee he is gone. Signing for 4 years the preds can hold on to him until that summer. This way most likely a playoff team will make a trade for him. before he has to serve 4 full seasons there and in the offseason take a chance on a team that might go far in the playoffs.
I don't understand a word you just said

If Weber wanted out so badly, he wouldn't have signed a 3 year deal. He would have signed a 4 year deal.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
If Weber wanted out so badly, he wouldn't have signed a 3 year deal. He would have signed a 4 year deal.
Now you're just splitting hairs I'm sure Weber wanted to sign more of a long term deal, but perhaps he wanted to see how the team would develop before being locked up. Who knows, maybe ownership didn't want to commit to that contract either. With fisher added, and some decent prospects coming trough the grapevine, I think it shows that they want to win. Just maybe not this year, .

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxClearTheCreasexx View Post
Now you're just splitting hairs I'm sure Weber wanted to sign more of a long term deal, but perhaps he wanted to see how the team would develop before being locked up. Who knows, maybe ownership didn't want to commit to that contract either. With fisher added, and some decent prospects coming trough the grapevine, I think it shows that they want to win. Just maybe not this year, .
I don't think you understand my argument. Him signing a 3 year deal brings him to RFA status this year (which is what he did). Instead, he could have signed a 4 year deal which would bring him to UFA status in 2012, and he would have been free to walk since he apparently wants out so badly.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think you understand my argument. Him signing a 3 year deal brings him to RFA status this year (which is what he did). Instead, he could have signed a 4 year deal which would bring him to UFA status in 2012, and he would have been free to walk since he apparently wants out so badly.
Ok I see, my mistake. You're right. Anyways, in the worst case scenario Nashville would get a couple of firsts, but they would never let him go to rfa. He's here to stay.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 02:17 PM
SK74 Snipes

Enough to make it it, but I don't think this is our year.

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 02:20 PM
Matsi
got paws?

I think they definetely have it to make the playoffs. They might even surprise...

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
don28

With all the 3-point games in the Western Conference lately, I am going to revise my initial prediction and say that the Predators will come up short in their effort to make the playoffs.

don28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:40 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Ah shucks... I missed out on yet another ill-informed fan from (I assume) a REAL hockey market informing us on how Weber wants to leave Nashville...

I'm going to go ahead and say that, since this thread is about THIS year's play offs, Weber will be included in any assessment of pieces we'll be using in our play off push THIS year. I think Nashville still has the pieces. The only problem is basically every other team not in Colorado or Edmonton has the pieces to potentially make the play offs. We aren't as big of a long shot as, say, St Louis, but there are so many teams crammed together right now it's not even funny. It doesn't look like that logjam will be breaking up any time soon.

My prediction - Nashville will make the play offs, lose in the first round to a team like Vancouver or Detroit, our fans will either say it's another expected underdog loss or we need to blow up the team, and fans from every city in Canada and the northern States will troll our boards claiming Weber called each of them personally, while drunk, bemoaning his southern captors. We yokels only still have the guy because we keep him locked up in a gladiator cell underneath the arena.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:06 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I think we need to win one of the next two. prefarably today, and if we lose in sj, oh well, they are taking the pacific. I am comforstable in saying (unless we go completely into the *******,) that we have lost columbus. a buffalo win today and what I hope is a win for us thursday, I'd like to think minny drops off.

as far as a bit of upcoming skeds for the teams we are fighting with:

minnesota starts a 4 game rodie with us. then trips to dallas, vancouver, and san jose. their last five are home vs tampa, @det, @ van @ edm, home vs dallas. tough road to how if you ask me.

anaheim has 3 games with LA, 2 vs calgary and 2 vs san jose and 2 vs dallas. three game roadie where we catch them on the back half of a b2b. but nothing to unmanageable for them

dallas: 7 of laast nine on the road, but preceded by a 7 game homestand starting wednesday. if they aren't north of 90 points after the 23rd, they may be toast.

phoenix: 5 games left vs van and sj, but a pretty favorable schedule.

chicago-10 on the road and 3 matchups with detroit

calgary-6 of last nine on the road. 2 with the ducks, 2 with the yotes.

predictions for right now (and i just went with guy feeling on matchups involving all, assumed col and stl are going to continue to dog it: van, det, sj top three (duh)

4. PHO-98
5. Dal-97
6. Nas-96
7. chi-96
8. la-96
9. ana-93
10. minn-91
11. cal-91

nightmare matchups for all fanbases, which were not intentional: van/la, det/chi, sj/nas, dal/pho

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Flames fan coming in peace. I have nothing against the Preds ( well minus Tootoo ). Expect a heated close game tonight. Friday vs Blue Jackets the Dome was on fire. Should be a good game.

Would rather see Preds in .....Chi, Ducks, La or Dallas out.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:55 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post

nightmare matchups for all fanbases, which were not intentional: van/la, det/chi, sj/nas, dal/pho
definitely. It would make for some interesting play offs though.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:04 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

wrong thread