HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** yes!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2011, 06:38 AM
  #101
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
Missed the game guys, we were outshot badly, did Price save our bacon again? Nice to see Patches get two!

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:33 AM
  #102
onice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Kostitsyn seems to be enjoying the 3rd line with Eller. I don't think he can handle the pressure of a top 6 position, something Pacioretty strives for. Kostitsyn just isn't consistent enough. Leave him with Eller and don't break something that's working.
Really? Can you tell which line was out there against Stamkos?


Last edited by onice: 03-06-2011 at 07:39 AM.
onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:46 AM
  #103
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Perry Pearn really let PK after one shift - I believe it was a powerplay. Can honestly say I was as surprised as PK. LOL
Perry Pearn really let PK what?

David_99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:52 AM
  #104
Coldplay
Courage
 
Coldplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Missed the game guys, we were outshot badly, did Price save our bacon again? Nice to see Patches get two!
He played well but not really, it was a good game for us as a whole.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:59 AM
  #105
Bobby G
Registered User
 
Bobby G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Missed the game guys, we were outshot badly, did Price save our bacon again? Nice to see Patches get two!
Price played well, but the Habs played a very good game, despite what the shots say

Bobby G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:08 AM
  #106
SergeConstantin74
Always right.
 
SergeConstantin74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
Price played well, but the Habs played a very good game, despite what the shots say
This is 'Guy Boucher' hockey. It was the same in the QMJHL. Drummondville would end up outshooting your team 45 to 25 but in the scoring chances it would be equal.

SergeConstantin74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:23 AM
  #107
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Canadiens find southern comfort after quiet deadline

http://nhlhotstove.com/canadiens-fin...uiet-deadline/

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:22 AM
  #108
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
Guys, check out the pic on Habs Inside/Out....Gill and Gionta...Gio looks like a 9 year old alongside Gill...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
  #109
sprevost
Registered User
 
sprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
I think in a few games I would like to see this once Darche is back , could be interesting...

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Patches-Gomez-Darche (or maybe Dawes?)
AK-Eller-Moen
Pouliot-Dezzy-Halpern
extras (Pyatt/White)

Not sure about Dawes, but I think that would be better than Halpern in the top 6..tough to say really...lots of depth there. Not too much grit but 4 good duos and balanced scoring

sprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:54 AM
  #110
Dan K
HFBoards Partner
 
Dan K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
I think in a few games I would like to see this once Darche is back , could be interesting...

Cammy-Pleks-Gionta
Patches-Gomez-Darche (or maybe Dawes?)
AK-Eller-Moen
Pouliot-Dezzy-Halpern
extras (Pyatt/White)

Not sure about Dawes, but I think that would be better than Halpern in the top 6..tough to say really...lots of depth there. Not too much grit but 4 good duos and balanced scoring
This is what I'd like to see as well, with White subbing in for one of Pouliot / Darche / Halpern against the bigger, tougher teams (Philly, Boston...).

I really really hope Martin will insert White on Tuesday. He will, right guys? Right? RIGHT?!?!

Dan K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:13 PM
  #111
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
This is what I'd like to see as well, with White subbing in for one of Pouliot / Darche / Halpern against the bigger, tougher teams (Philly, Boston...).

I really really hope Martin will insert White on Tuesday. He will, right guys? Right? RIGHT?!?!
White better play vs the B's...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
  #112
fergiesbeak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Peg
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
Very good road trip overall.The Price was right for sure.I think all the young guys are playing very well.Even some of those guys who make big bucks and usually just float around decided to show up.Keep it up boys and bring it tuesday night!

fergiesbeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:20 PM
  #113
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
White better play vs the B's...
lol come on now..

-After what happened to pyatt in that game?

-the fact ryan white was called up the day AFTER the game?

please, is there any DOUBT white is not playing tuesday? ive never been more sure of something in my entire life

the question is, does bonneau or henry get called up just in case? i dont think so, but id definately bring henry up, that guys scary... i remember his brief stint last year, the guys a monster

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  #114
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I love that we have 4 lines that can score. Although Pyatt hurts the DD and BP line, but he helps on the D side, which they need. TP and MC need a better linemate then Halpern, I like him and all but he doesn't have the same flash they do.

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:24 PM
  #115
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol come on now..

-After what happened to pyatt in that game?

-the fact ryan white was called up the day AFTER the game?

please, is there any DOUBT white is not playing tuesday? ive never been more sure of something in my entire life

the question is, does bonneau or henry get called up just in case? i dont think so, but id definately bring henry up, that guys scary... i remember his brief stint last year, the guys a monster
I'd be very surprised if White wasn't in the line up. As for Bonneau and Henry, that I can't see happening.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:29 PM
  #116
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol come on now..

-After what happened to pyatt in that game?

-the fact ryan white was called up the day AFTER the game?

please, is there any DOUBT white is not playing tuesday? ive never been more sure of something in my entire life

the question is, does bonneau or henry get called up just in case? i dont think so, but id definately bring henry up, that guys scary... i remember his brief stint last year, the guys a monster
This is where I see a problem. We have no heavyweight, White can fight, but against a guy like Thorton? I'm sure Mara if he plays, or Sopel can, but then we are down to 4 D which I hate when D fight. I just hope its a tight game until the end and we can pull it out.

CrAzYNiNe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
  #117
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol come on now..

-After what happened to pyatt in that game?

-the fact ryan white was called up the day AFTER the game?

please, is there any DOUBT white is not playing tuesday? ive never been more sure of something in my entire life

the question is, does bonneau or henry get called up just in case? i dont think so, but id definately bring henry up, that guys scary... i remember his brief stint last year, the guys a monster
I believe Montreal is only allowed three more call-ups, so they won't waste one just to get an enforcer for one game.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:36 PM
  #118
NBP81
Registered User
 
NBP81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 359
vCash: 500
I dont expect alot of fighting in tuesday's game...

NBP81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
  #119
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
This is where I see a problem. We have no heavyweight, White can fight, but against a guy like Thorton? I'm sure Mara if he plays, or Sopel can, but then we are down to 4 D which I hate when D fight. I just hope its a tight game until the end and we can pull it out.
Well, i know the place is gonna be ROWDY , tuesday night in montreal, bruins in town,
vengeance in the air over what happened last game

But, thats the thing, because of what happened last game vs them, and what happened the next day between pens and islanders

the refs will get told to be VERY alert and aware of the situation, i know they cant STOP a fight from happening, but i think any instigating people get thrown out of the game

Well this is what should happen anyway. who knows with refs..

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:00 PM
  #120
roy munson
Registered User
 
roy munson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Well, i know the place is gonna be ROWDY , tuesday night in montreal, bruins in town, vengeance in the air over what happened last game...
Exactly, because if the fans feel it, I can't imagine the players not feeling it. Pride and stuff. BUT... I would love to see Campbell and Boychuck get it good. The other fights, I don't care, we don't have heavyweights so I don't really expect much wins when we fight. As long as there is not injuries, I just want the win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
...Well this is what should happen anyway. who knows with refs..
If they call a tight game right from the start, it should only be hockey. But this is the NHL.

roy munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 03:04 PM
  #121
headliner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Haven't read through this entire thread....but did anyone notice that idiot Cherry showing the NESN promo for the Habs-Bruins game? Bloodied Habs' faces....nothing but Boston goals.

Cherry comes back on: "Good stuff!"

Using his podium to pump his Bruins....with a promo from the Boston station for a game that won't even be on CBC.

He's the biggest hack in the business.

headliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:39 PM
  #122
Spectaculard
Registered User
 
Spectaculard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 8,204
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
Haven't read through this entire thread....but did anyone notice that idiot Cherry showing the NESN promo for the Habs-Bruins game? Bloodied Habs' faces....nothing but Boston goals.

Cherry comes back on: "Good stuff!"

Using his podium to pump his Bruins....with a promo from the Boston station for a game that won't even be on CBC.

He's the biggest hack in the business.
And yet people keep talking about him and bringing up his show and even quoting his words on other msg boards.

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:58 PM
  #123
sprevost
Registered User
 
sprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 60
vCash: 500
Mara and White likely to be in the line-up, someones gotta clear Lucic from the front of the net...

sprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:05 PM
  #124
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles
 
Beaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In The Lab.
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
Haven't read through this entire thread....but did anyone notice that idiot Cherry showing the NESN promo for the Habs-Bruins game? Bloodied Habs' faces....nothing but Boston goals.

Cherry comes back on: "Good stuff!"

Using his podium to pump his Bruins....with a promo from the Boston station for a game that won't even be on CBC.

He's the biggest hack in the business.

It looked like a UFC/boxing fight promotional video.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
  #125
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprevost View Post
Mara and White likely to be in the line-up, someones gotta clear Lucic from the front of the net...
White won't be clearing lucic from anywhere. Lucic has 20 pounds and 4 inches on him.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.