HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

This team has a fever... and the cure is more Sekera

Old
03-05-2011, 10:40 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
If you go to the NHL webfeed and pull up the "Event Summary", it updates throughout the game and will give you everything the official scorer has given them for the day.
I can't find the bloody Event Summary on NHL.com. Chain, or anyone..... How do I find it from the home page? Thanks!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Ron Barr
Doing it to Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71Zamboni View Post
I can't find the bloody Event Summary on NHL.com. Chain, or anyone..... How do I find it from the home page? Thanks!
From NHL.com, drag your cursor over any game score on the top of the web page. Click on the little "Gamecenter" (or "Game Recap" if the game is over) icon over the score of the game highlighted.

It'll take you to a page like this: http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=...navid=sb:recap

From there, on the navigation bar just under the rest of the scores, there are menus such as Preview, Watch, Ice Tracker, Stats, and Recap. Drag your cursor over the Stats menu, and another menu will show up, with such things as Boxscore, Game Summary, Event Summary, Faceoff Report, etc... Just click on the Event Summary, and you're there.

Ron Barr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 11:02 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Yes!!!!! Ron Barr ..... Thanks !!!! Man, that's not the easiest to find!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 02:05 AM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
They won a game that they shouldn't have, enough said....

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 04:17 AM
Rob Paxon
Z E M G U S

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
why not bench connolly?

it could wake him up
it gives his banged up body some rest
we are no worse off with adam or byron in there

maybe even for 2 games? give him a 5 day rest? Everyone else out there is putting the effort in.
He hasn't been great or anything but it's clear he's been giving better efforts the past few games. If you're looking to send a message it would send the wrong one, imo. If you want to bench him strictly because you think another player will perform better than fine, but that's probably not gonna be the case.

Rob Paxon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:03 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
They need speed and a center. Byron?
Quote:
Too slow

We need Hecht replaced not Grier. They had no choice since the Hecht decision was today.

Also Mancari is not a strong defensive player like Hecht/Grier. He is an offensive player.
So like I said, they will call up Mancari

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:51 PM
joshjull

-add to the good

Pommer played a great all around game again for this team.

Why isn't there more love for Pommer in the GBU?

I'm still surprised how underappreciated Pommer is. When he does something of note its either barely commented on or its reduced to being part of something else (like his goal yesterday). But when he messes up, the torches and pitchforks come out very quickly.

Pommer's stat line yesterday

-1g 1a 2pts +2
-20:05 min played
-50% on draws (4 of 8)
-4 blocked shots
-played in all situations
-wasn't on the ice for a Flyers goal against

Not to mention his goal was scored because he did what his detractors claim he never does (and they are wrong). He cut to the inside of the defender and went straight to the net. Scoring off a good pass from Vanek.

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

Quote:
-add to the good

I'm still surprised how underappreciated Pommer is. When he does something of note its either barely commented on or its reduced to being part of something else (like his goal yesterday). But when he messes up, the torches and pitchforks come out very quickly.

-1g 1a 2pts +2
-50% on draws (4 of 8)
-4 blocked shots

Not to mention his goal was scored because he did what his detractors claim he never does (and they are wrong). He cut to the inside of the defender and went straight to the net. Scoring off a good pass from Vanek.
I was gonna mention something about Pommerz on the draw. I only saw him take three faceoffs, but he won all of them pretty cleanly.

The thing about Pommerz, though, is that he doesn't do a lot to stick out. Sure, he scored a goal, but the bigger part of that play was Vanek's pass, even though Jason made a nice play by going to the net.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
A couple of interesting stats -- Connolly and Pominville each blocked four shots (credited), but Leopold had 6 to go along with four hits while Montador was a +3 on the game.
Quote:
-add to the good

-1g 1a 2pts +2
-50% on draws (4 of 8)
-4 blocked shots

I tried giving both him and Connolly some love. And yes, Pominville not only scored (which he's done just fine IMO), but did it with a guy all over his back while driving the net at a key time in the game (both things people have been on him for in the past, regardless of the actual circumstances of his goals). His two point game puts him 40th overall in scoring among RW's in the league. In the last 40 games, he's got 14 goals, 18 assists, and is +4 (a 28-goal, 64 point pace). The concussion after the Hjalmersson hit derailed him, but he's been pretty good for the last 40.

03-06-2011, 01:18 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
I tried giving both him and Connolly some love. And yes, Pominville not only scored (which he's done just fine IMO), but did it with a guy all over his back while driving the net at a key time in the game (both things people have been on him for in the past, regardless of the actual circumstances of his goals). His two point game puts him 40th overall in scoring among RW's in the league. In the last 40 games, he's got 14 goals, 18 assists, and is +4 (a 28-goal, 64 point pace). The concussion after the Hjalmersson hit derailed him, but he's been pretty good for the last 40.
Agreed. He's been nearly PPG since the Roy injury. He's actually been one of our more consistent performers through that period too.

Just think, how many times have we said "That was a stupid play by Pominville"?? I'll take shot to goalie's chest over turnover anyday. But even otherwise, I can't think of a single time since Roy went down where Pominville has actually screwed up...and offensively he's been producing. And even though I hate the +/- start, through October-December (28 games) he was a -10. From January-March he's been a +6.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:52 PM
SoFFacet

I think Pominville's been doing a really good job, especially since Roy's injury. But I still hate all those horrible angle slap shots he chooses to take.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote