HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#64: Sabres @ Flyers - Saturday, Mar. 5, 2010 - 1:00 PM (ET) ‎

Old
03-05-2011, 08:09 PM
RoDu

vCash: 500
get the whole Briere line off of the PP for starters

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Snipsnap12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
it's time for a brisk bagskate!
I think they have had too many of those to be honest lately, they know whats up they will do something about it

Snipsnap12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:30 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I'm watching the DAL-SJ replay. After watching the puck movement SJ uses on their PP, I now fully realize just how incredibly, disgracefully AWFUL Philly's PP is.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:15 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm watching the DAL-SJ replay. After watching the puck movement SJ uses on their PP, I now fully realize just how incredibly, disgracefully AWFUL Philly's PP is.
It's just baffling how lousy they are this year and frustrating b/c you need a PP come playoff time....

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

Yeah, I'm really amazed they aren't last in the league. If a less talented team tried to do whatever it is they do...they'd be in 30th on PP.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Don't worry...Buffalo Sabres fans have nothing to look forward too...those ones you saw today are the delusional fans that just don't know it yet.

But seriously if they didn't face adversity at some point during the season I'd be worried. So far it seems like teams have to go thru adversity during the season to accomplish anything. I don't know if thats enough for any of you guys to stop jumping off the ledge, but really just relax. This is something they can get through.
I got a chance to watch the Sabres' game late last night. I didn't think the Flyers played badly at all. They really need to knuckle down and score that 3-0 goal when they get a 2 goal lead. The PP looked better, the whole team's compete level was higher.

This is a group that has always followed a losing streak with a longer winning streak.

We need that soon. Today against the Rangers would be a good time to start. Playing a team you hate always helps the Pens break out of a slump.

Larry44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Their powerplay has no net presence honestly. Just entirely too much perimeter play, which other teams are having too easy a time defending, because there is no Flyer sucking the defense down towards the net.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Their powerplay has no net presence honestly. Just entirely too much perimeter play, which other teams are having too easy a time defending, because there is no Flyer sucking the defense down towards the net.

I'd say you're right in part. It's absolutely one of the elements they're missing right now.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
I'd say you're right in part. It's absolutely one of the elements they're missing right now.
For real man, today was just more of the same (against the Rags). Look at how many times The Rangers were able to split the box with a pass on their PP to create an opportunity . . . . because the gaps were bigger because they had a forward sucking some of the defense towards the net. We have forwards who can pass the puck very well and none of them can squeeze a a nickle through the other team because of the stupidity of our power play set up. That and the fact that their movement away from the puck seems random at times, and actively stupid at others. And it doesn't seem to be getting any better, and I can't even tell when looking at it what they're trying to do (as far as some sort of system goes). If I could see a direction they were headed in but just failing at, it would at least be something. Right now they just look lost.

Sometimes you see something resembling a strategy (i.e. they will get it to Briere to set up low), but then when the other team executes the logical response, there is no step two on the Flyers part to take advantage of that. Against the Sabres it was Briere behind the goal line, Sabres collapse, Briere tries impossible centering pass anyway. No board passes back out to a wing with Briere and someone moving off the puck to create an opportunity that takes advantage of the whole PK being low. Nothing. Just forcing obvious plays.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote