HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bob Gainey News.

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Habs514

vCash: 500
Bob Gainey News.

Here is Bob Gainey's comments from today.

"The message we are sending today is that we will look at available players in a market that is more open now," said Bob Gainey, general manager of the Canadiens.

"We have two or three positions to fill," he said. "We are looking for a defenceman and a forward. It all depends on the available players and, obviously, the market price."

He will also make offers to 15 restricted free agents, including Jose Theodore, Saku Koivu, Mike Ribeiro, Michael Ryder, Jan Bulis, Jason Ward, Andrei Markov, Francis Bouillon, Mike Komisarek, Pierre Dagenais, Marcel Hossa, Marc-Andre Thinel, Matt Shasby, Tomas Plekanec and Christian Larrivee.

Gainey is also preparing to offer contracts to draft players from 2003, such as forwards Jimmy Bonneau and Maxim Lapierre, along with defenceman Mark Flood. But he might pass on forward Danny Stewart.

Here is the link:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...147224-cp.html

Great time to be a Habs fan. I can't wait for the draft.

Old
07-25-2005, 08:54 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Lets hope Gainey can bring in some good players UFA, and get all out RFA signed!!

Can't wait till August 1st.

Old
07-25-2005, 08:55 PM
e-e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514

"The message we are sending today is that we will look at available players in a market that is more open now," said Bob Gainey, general manager of the Canadiens.

"We have two or three positions to fill," he said. "We are looking for a defenceman and a forward. It all depends on the available players and, obviously, the market price."

He will also make offers to 15 restricted free agents, including Jose Theodore, Saku Koivu, Mike Ribeiro, Michael Ryder, Jan Bulis, Jason Ward, Andrei Markov, Francis Bouillon, Mike Komisarek, Pierre Dagenais, Marcel Hossa, Marc-Andre Thinel, Matt Shasby, Tomas Plekanec and Christian Larrivee.

Gainey is also preparing to offer contracts to draft players from 2003, such as forwards Jimmy Bonneau and Maxim Lapierre, along with defenceman Mark Flood. But he might pass on forward Danny Stewart.

Here is the link:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL...147224-cp.html

Great time to be a Habs fan. I can't wait for the draft.

i like to hear that he's considering to fill the gaps in the roster

Old
07-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Hab at it

Why would he offer contracts to Dags, Thinel and Larivee? From everything I hear the minor guys weren't that impressive and Dags is going to be way to slow in the new nhl.

Old
07-25-2005, 09:50 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
Why would he offer contracts to Dags, Thinel and Larivee? From everything I hear the minor guys weren't that impressive and Dags is going to be way to slow in the new nhl.
Dags and Thinel will be offered 2-way contracts. Thinel was useful for the Bulldogs, and Dagenais might needed to be called up in case of injury.

Old
07-25-2005, 09:51 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill pickles
Dags and Thinel will be offered 2-way contracts. Thinel was useful for the Bulldogs, and Dagenais might needed to be called up in case of injury.
Thinel is gone. Signed in Europe.

Old
07-25-2005, 10:03 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLger
Thinel is gone. Signed in Europe.

Bon débarras.

Old
07-25-2005, 10:35 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Bon débarras.
What he said

Old
07-25-2005, 10:40 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadie
What he said

Bon débarras means Good riddance.

Old
07-25-2005, 10:52 PM
turnbuckle*

He he. I still get a kick out of the "fella" that came on this board three summers ago claiming to have been at a "closed to the public" rookie Hab camp, and all he could do was sing the praises of Thinel. He said that he was dominant physically, bigger than most, etc., etc, dominating in the corners. I ended up calling him out, and he disappeared. I never asked him if his name was Sebastien, LOL.

Mr. Thinel in his draft year weighed 150 pounds soaking wet. I recall asking 1999 second-round pick Brett Clouthier (New Jersey) about meeting Thinel at the scouting combine - he said he'd never seen a skinnier "hockey player" in his life.

Old
07-25-2005, 10:56 PM
deandebean

Never understood why Foule picked him. He was a wuss, like Stewart, like Charette is.

Old
07-26-2005, 12:06 AM
Habs13

Dagenais?? Noooo!!!

Old
07-26-2005, 12:52 PM
oosik

How valid is this list? Is it simply a list of the restricted free agents, or is this an actual quote from Bob Gainey that these guys are going to recieve an offer??

Old
07-26-2005, 01:07 PM
tinyzombies

Dags might be useful for the shootout....

Old
07-26-2005, 01:36 PM
StanAjax

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnbuckle
He he. I still get a kick out of the "fella" that came on this board three summers ago claiming to have been at a "closed to the public" rookie Hab camp, and all he could do was sing the praises of Thinel. He said that he was dominant physically, bigger than most, etc., etc, dominating in the corners. I ended up calling him out, and he disappeared. I never asked him if his name was Sebastien, LOL.

Mr. Thinel in his draft year weighed 150 pounds soaking wet. I recall asking 1999 second-round pick Brett Clouthier (New Jersey) about meeting Thinel at the scouting combine - he said he'd never seen a skinnier "hockey player" in his life.

My funny thought with Thinel is back in his draft year, in 1999. I remember some guy in the RDS forum telling us about how he was the steal of the draft, how he will become a great scorer in the NHL...

Old
07-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Dags might be useful for the shootout....
My GOD! I can't think of a more embarrasing situation to put Dagenais in! A one-on-one with a goalie... haha!!

Old
07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514

It also depends on who is willing to play here. However unpalatable and
unfathomable it is to us fans Montreal is not a destination of choice, most
of the premier UFA's want to go to a contending team, or play with a buddy,
or play close to home. Bob Gainey has to not only consider price but be a
topnotch salesman as well. Sell'em Bob!

Closed Thread