HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#65: Flyers @ Rangers - Sunday, Mar. 6, 2010 - 12:30 PM (ET)

Old
03-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Mike2000z28

vCash: 500
Im still waiting for the people to come in and say its okay to lose like this. This was a long time coming with their efforts and lack of heart lately. We are screwed beyond belief and looks like we are having a meltdown of huge proportions. Any real fan can see that, and don't tell me all teams slump. We have been slumping even when we pulled out wins that we got lucky on. They don't slump like this to bottom teams. Obviously they have zero interest in playing hockey. Bring the phantom boys up.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 05:47 PM
StandingCow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2000z28 View Post
Im still waiting for the people to come in and say its okay to lose like this. This was a long time coming with their efforts and lack of heart lately. We are screwed beyond belief and looks like we are having a meltdown of huge proportions. Any real fan can see that, and don't tell me all teams slump. We have been slumping even when we pulled out wins that we got lucky on. They don't slump like this to bottom teams. Obviously they have zero interest in playing hockey. Bring the phantom boys up.
Well, it isn't ok to lose like this... but, as I said earlier in the thread, I think this is what the team needed, a good kick in the ass to get them back on the right track.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
clockwise

Quote:
Totally agree, but the Rangers are not a bottom team.

clockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
You may not believe it (and that's fine), but it's true. The 09-10 Blackhawks went 6-7-2 in March. The 08-09 Pens went 5-8-1 in January. The 07-08 Red Wings went 4-8-2 in February. The 06-07 Ducks went 5-5-2 in February. The 05-06 Hurricanes went 4-3-2 in their last nine games of the season.

What do these five teams have in common?

Ghost of Downie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Jumping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Stanley Cup winners don't lose 7-0 to **** teams. Just saying.

He a fun story for the tin-foil-hatters out there; This streak of bad play coincided with the day I bought a Flyers jersey for my girlfriend who warned me that "things haven't gone very well for her teams this year."

Her teams? Atlanta Braves, Utah Jazz, Minnesota Vikings and, officially now with the acquisition of a Flyers jersey, the Flyers.

Should I ask for it back and burn it?
Strip it off of her!!!

Well I hope you are doing that anyway...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Flyerfan4life

godammit, had to miss the game again..

and here i was gunna say i hope its not a 4-1 loss when i get home to watch it later....

these guys must be thinking about their new early spring "golf" attire purchases, cuz with this **** hockey their playing right now thats what they'll be doing VERY soon..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
Stanley Cup winners don't lose 7-0 to **** teams. Just saying.
Last year Chicago lost 8-3 against Columbus (was 8-1 before Chicago scored two goals in garbage time in the 3rd). In 08-09 Pittsburgh lost to Toronto 7-3 (7-2 late) and 6-2 (outscored 6-0 in the last two periods). In 06-07 the Ducks lost to the Blues 6-2 (5-0 late). In 05-06 Carolina lost to Atlanta 9-0 and to the Coyotes 8-4 (7-2 late).

Any team can put up a log of **** any given night. And the Rangers are by no means a "**** team".

Old
03-06-2011, 07:18 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
godammit, had to miss the game again..

and here i was gunna say i hope its not a 4-1 loss when i get home to watch it later....

these guys must be thinking about their new early spring "golf" attire purchases, cuz with this **** hockey their playing right now thats what they'll be doing VERY soon..
Ha! 4-1...

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:19 PM
TheLegendkiller

I'm actually more pissed that Richards lost his fight to that clown Dubinsky than the Flyers losing the game.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:35 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Downie View Post
You may not believe it (and that's fine), but it's true. The 09-10 Blackhawks went 6-7-2 in March. The 08-09 Pens went 5-8-1 in January. The 07-08 Red Wings went 4-8-2 in February. The 06-07 Ducks went 5-5-2 in February. The 05-06 Hurricanes went 4-3-2 in their last nine games of the season.

What do these five teams have in common?
The question you need to ask is did any of those teams lose four in a row? And to me, it's just more than losing four in a row. They've lost games in ways that they should never lose (i.e. holding a lead and then trying to play Hitchcock hockey by sitting on the lead or having fights that changed momentum of the game).

They're having their second half collapse and with 17 games left in the season, this should not be the time to go into the tank. More than anything, they just need to get back to basics. Quit screwing around with the power play, quit screwing around with 5 on 5 play and just get down to business.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:41 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
I'm actually more pissed that Richards lost his fight to that clown Dubinsky than the Flyers losing the game.
Ehh can't blame him, it's been a while since he last fought and he was tired after throwing some hits on that shift.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The question you need to ask is did any of those teams lose four in a row? And to me, it's just more than losing four in a row. They've lost games in ways that they should never lose (i.e. holding a lead and then trying to play Hitchcock hockey by sitting on the lead or having fights that changed momentum of the game).

They're having their second half collapse and with 17 games left in the season, this should not be the time to go into the tank. More than anything, they just need to get back to basics. Quit screwing around with the power play, quit screwing around with 5 on 5 play and just get down to business.
Actually the Red Wings lost 6 in a row, the Pens lost 4 or 5 (forget which), and the Canes and Ducks both lost 4.

Old
03-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Mike2000z28

I don't know if any of those teams have stretches for 2 months like we had playing completely crappy hockey. This was a long time coming.

Mike2000z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM
Ghost of Downie*

Quote:
I don't know if any of those teams have stretches for 2 months like we had playing completely crappy hockey. This was a long time coming.
This is what a Blackhawks fan said in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
The Hawks had a dead period last year around this time and it all turned out just fine. You guys will be ok.
This kind of slump isn't out of the norm. Is it acceptable? Hell no, losing never is. Is it understandable? Yes.

Old
03-06-2011, 11:02 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
this embarassing loss might just what this team needed to wake the **** up. Remember a game a few years ago. A 7-1 loss in mid March on national TV as well, after the loss the playoffs were looking bleak but they responded by finishing 7-1-2 or something like that down the stretch and finished with the 6 seed. How they respond Tuesday night will be very telling.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Losing 7-0 to a rival should be a stronger wake up call than any coach or GM could try to deliver. We have to see how they respond. After last year these guys deserve the benefit of a doubt when their resolve and pride are being questioned.

I think there is a lot going on right now that is contributing to this: some banged up bodies, the flu, sloppy play, a seeming disinterest, not really being tested in a long time, and not having to face much adversity this year. They have to battle through it and come out as a stronger team. Thats what championship teams do. I think we'll find out if we have a championship team soon enough.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
I dont think its gotten thru the teams thick skulls that maybe they arent as good as they thought they were. they thought that winning the East would be a cakewalk and all they would have to do is show up and they would win. Maybe now they have realized that they have to work hard, play with some passion and desperation. If they dont respond after getting their tails kicked on national TV then well I am not sure they ever will.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:03 PM
FlyersMania2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Pens fans coming out of the woodwork to make fun of us now on the main board. I now understand why more and more girls from there date dudes from other places.
Lucky for the Pens fans, laughter is the cure to Crosb*tch's concussion problems...(sarcasm).

I would love to add that I went to the Buffalo/Flyers game Saturday and was surrounded by 2 sections worth of Sabres fans...it was almost unbearable. One of my friends got hit with a hotdog (it was intended for the sabres fans sitting next to us) but ended up being a bad pass...theme of the day

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:06 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker912 View Post
Ehh can't blame him, it's been a while since he last fought and he was tired after throwing some hits on that shift.
Dubinsky also has 2 inches and 15 pounds on him. Plus, he was probably more well rested after sitting on the ice

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote