HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Technical Questions

Old
02-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 500
I answered you before you asked, it'd seem!

The joys of Internet forums.

They're both outputs. Read the post above yours.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:29 PM
pine*

go for HDMI, you won't regret it.

nevermind those overpriced Monster cables, there are some cheap ones to be had.

pine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 06:33 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFpineapple View Post
go for HDMI, you won't regret it.

nevermind those overpriced Monster cables, there are some cheap ones to be had.
http://www.monoprice.com

TomPlex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2011, 07:08 PM
LastChancePrice

Ok thanks for the answer, i cannot go HDMI because my freakin cable box doesnt have HDMI....best video is DVI. I bought a dvi to hdmi cable, but for my sound....nothing to do. Guess ill continue to use my component(composite 3 color? ) cable

LastChancePrice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2011, 10:31 AM
A1
Everything is awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
Ok thanks for the answer, i cannot go HDMI because my freakin cable box doesnt have HDMI....best video is DVI. I bought a dvi to hdmi cable, but for my sound....nothing to do.

optical cable

A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 07:36 AM
LastChancePrice

PC powering up but not booting

Ok, i got a stange problem recently. One time out of two, when i boot my pc, i hear the fan spinning, my pc is powering up, but the system doesnt boot me at the beggining of Dos boot before windows. And the thing too is that i cannot close it at all, i have to unplug my power cable to close it, and restart the process someone one other time to make sure my pc boot properly.

What could that be??? I tough it might be my power supply, because my graphic card ( hd5750) required more power than my ps got, but iv been told im ok for the power requirement since i got a good brand ps ( antec 430w ). I bought like 6 month ago this new graphic card, a new mobo with an x3 cpu and never got problem untill 2-3 weeks ago...

Graphic card problem??? Hard drive problem??? God.

Well if anyone heard of that problem or got something similar or know the anwser, please help me

Thanks in advance.

Old
02-04-2011, 07:38 AM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1 View Post
optical cable
Yop but for optical cable, i need a sound system. Hooking up my videotron box directly to my tv with the optical cable doesnt seem to work, unless it should and my cable is defective? Iv tried it on my PS3 and its doing the same problem.

Old
02-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Gros Bonhomme
Benoit Brunet #1 Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Gros Bonhomme
Quote:
Ok, i got a stange problem recently. One time out of two, when i boot my pc, i hear the fan spinning, my pc is powering up, but the system doesnt boot me at the beggining of Dos boot before windows. And the thing too is that i cannot close it at all, i have to unplug my power cable to close it, and restart the process someone one other time to make sure my pc boot properly.

What could that be??? I tough it might be my power supply, because my graphic card ( hd5750) required more power than my ps got, but iv been told im ok for the power requirement since i got a good brand ps ( antec 430w ). I bought like 6 month ago this new graphic card, a new mobo with an x3 cpu and never got problem untill 2-3 weeks ago...

Well if anyone heard of that problem or got something similar or know the anwser, please help me

Thanks in advance.
430W PSU is dangerously low for that kind of computer. Rule of thumb nowadays is 550W+ for any kind of computer with a stand alone video card. If the problem is actually the video card itself and not the PSU, do you have a cheapo video card hanging around? You could try it and see if you can replicate the issue with another card.

Rule out the hard drive, if the hard drive was faulty the computer would still boot up (although not going to Windows, obviously).

Gros Bonhomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 10:18 AM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Ha, it happened to me not that long ago. Can't wait to get money and throw away this piece of crap called "my computer"

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2011, 11:54 AM
LastChancePrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme View Post
430W PSU is dangerously low for that kind of computer. Rule of thumb nowadays is 550W+ for any kind of computer with a stand alone video card. If the problem is actually the video card itself and not the PSU, do you have a cheapo video card hanging around? You could try it and see if you can replicate the issue with another card.

Rule out the hard drive, if the hard drive was faulty the computer would still boot up (although not going to Windows, obviously).
Suck i dont have any other graphic cards, will try to borrow a cheaper one to see if it still happen.

I really think it might be the power supply, but it strange i got my pc powering on but doing absolutly nothing.

Ahhh the wonderful world of pc... Merci pour l'info.

Old
02-14-2011, 08:28 PM
LyricalLyricist

I'm looking to switch internet from Bell to Videotron and I figured might as well convince my parents to switch the entire bundle and save. Thing is, it comes out to X dollars and I was wondering if anyone ever negotiated further and got more savings? I'd like to try that. We'd be signing up for 4 things(internet, cell, phone, tv).

Also, if anyone has Videotron TV, is basic+30 custom channels+TMN enough? I personally don't watch TV except hockey but my parents watch a lot, and switching from bell to 30 channels might piss them off. I figure they don't even watch 30 different channels so 30 channels(plus basic) between them 2 should be more than enough. That's my logic anyway.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:54 PM
Habs8517

Internet service

Hello, I am looking for a different service than the one i am using atm. Im with Bell Sympatico on a old modem for about 10 years ( they refuse to replace with a new one lol ) with a unlimited download bandwidth for about 65$/month. I have 3 services with Bell (TV/Internet/Tel). Those 3 services combined cost about 140$/month.

I looked at Videotron and well their price seems very high. I know Bell has a crap reputation but so far, i didnt run into some big problem with them just looking for some alternative solutions, cost of lives these days are too high ...

Any other internet service out there except Bell and Videotron ?

Habs8517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
Hello, I am looking for a different service than the one i am using atm. Im with Bell Sympatico on a old modem for about 10 years ( they refuse to replace with a new one lol ) with a unlimited download bandwidth for about 65$/month. I have 3 services with Bell (TV/Internet/Tel). Those 3 services combined cost about 140$/month.

I looked at Videotron and well their price seems very high. I know Bell has a crap reputation but so far, i didnt run into some big problem with them just looking for some alternative solutions, cost of lives these days are too high ...

Any other internet service out there except Bell and Videotron ?
They are the Leaders. If i were you i would leave Bell . The have terrible customer service (If you do have a big problem some time) And bad reception on TV. Videotron is much better in both areas. But yea those are the 2 big ones.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:57 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Take a look there if it's available in your area.

http://www.cooptel.qc.ca/fr-indexe.php

CareyClutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
overlords
Hfboards

try acanac. leave bell at any cost.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Richiebottles
Moonemojibro

Send a message via AIM to Richiebottles
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
try acanac. leave bell at any cost.
I hate the monopoly they have on TV and Telephone and Internet. But customers are going to leave because of their terrible service.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:05 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I hate the monopoly they have on TV and Telephone and Internet. But customers are going to leave because of their terrible service.
Most people don't even know there are alternatives besides videotron. Most people get fed up with bell, check videotron's site for prices and go from there. They think there's only 1 other option and that's a major problem.

I did customer satisfaction ******** for bell for years, **** 'em.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:35 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quick question. Say I get a digital camera with wifi capability. Do I also need to buy a memory card that's wifi compatible? I ask this because I'm wondering what happens if you get a wifi cam without a wifi card? Is it one or the other or do you NEED both for it to work?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2011, 10:37 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Quick question. Say I get a digital camera with wifi capability. Do I also need to buy a memory card that's wifi compatible? I ask this because I'm wondering what happens if you get a wifi cam without a wifi card? Is it one or the other or do you NEED both for it to work?
No. If your camera has wifi, you do not need a memory card with wifi. That is my understanding anyways.

HomaridII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Sir Jacques Demers

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
No. If your camera has wifi, you do not need a memory card with wifi. That is my understanding anyways.
I would agree with this. I think the wifi memory cards are specifically for cameras that don't have wifi.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Cookie007

OT: Apple iPhone or Blackberry

Hey guys, I'm about to get a new phone as my 3 year contract is about to expire. I'm just wondering what phone you guys have and of the two, which do you recommend? My previous phone was the iPhone 3G, so I'm leaning towards the Blackberry to change things up, just like your opinions.

Cookie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:19 PM
ClasslessGuy

vCash: 567
why change a winning recipe?

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Gally11

honestly depends what you're into.. games and stuff go for iphone, document editing, a lot emailing etc I'd go blackberry, keyboard is the best.

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:24 PM
Stradale

Iphone.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

Blackberry. If you want to look like a boss, that is.

Beaker is offline   Reply With Quote