HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NSH@CGY 3-6-11 The "Sipping on Courage" Edition

Old
03-06-2011, 09:30 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

vCash: 500
poop.....

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:31 PM
SK74 Snipes

sighhhhhhh

SK74 Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:34 PM
cleangene

The question of the night....which coach made adjustments between the 1st and 2nd periods?????????????? And, for the bonus round....was the final shot total 4 or 500 to 20 in favor of the home team???????

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:34 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Give up a PP and PS goal and things usually don't go well.

The bad is that we fail to get a much needed point, nevermind two. The good is that we still have games in hand against the Flames and have an extremely home heavy schedule. Crap away a point against the Oilers, shutout the Nuks, squander a good first period tonight, and so it goes.

Not how I wanted to start my Monday morning.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:37 PM
roseyc

At this point where is Fisher? He has less offensive game than Smithson. The lines are so screwed up that they look like they don't know each other.

roseyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
glenngineer

This is not a player thing anymore, this is a system. Hali steals the puck on his last shift with Bam Bam and Wilson, one goes behind the net, Hali is on the boards and I think Wilson is along the boards as well. No one drove the net. We do not drive the net as a team for the most part. We are a perimeter team. We are soft. We will not win if we make the playoffs playing the perimeter and playing soft. This has been an issue for years that we play on the outside.

WTF was Ward doing late in the period, comes down the left side, fakes a shot and takes the puck to the corner? You can't score if you don't put the puck towards the net. If guys would drive the net and have others put the puck towards the net, we'd score more goals but no one wants to pay the price night in and night out. Horny does. Erat did tonight. Who else went to the net hard and on a regular basis? No one that I can recall. Either inspire them to go to the net or bench them.

Down 1 goal with 7 to play and we put Smithson's line out? We could've put out Bam Bam's line but instead we put out Smithson's line? Does it matter if we give up another one at that point? No, we've got to find a way to score but we're still playing defensively. Makes no sense sometimes.

Has Fisher found any sort of chemistry with anyone so far? Erat and SK, no, SK and Horny, no. Give him someone different until he finds someone he can play with.

Erat with maybe the best game of the year for him. Brain farts with all the defensemen tonight except maybe Suter. All the others were giving the puck away left and right. Can't do that.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
At this point where is Fisher? He has less offensive game than Smithson. The lines are so screwed up that they look like they don't know each other.
Go to Fisher's stats. You got exactly what you traded for! Did you think he was going to be some kind of playmaker out there?

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:45 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
This is not a player thing anymore, this is a system. Hali steals the puck on his last shift with Bam Bam and Wilson, one goes behind the net, Hali is on the boards and I think Wilson is along the boards as well. No one drove the net. We do not drive the net as a team for the most part. We are a perimeter team. We are soft. We will not win if we make the playoffs playing the perimeter and playing soft. This has been an issue for years that we play on the outside.

WTF was Ward doing late in the period, comes down the left side, fakes a shot and takes the puck to the corner? You can't score if you don't put the puck towards the net. If guys would drive the net and have others put the puck towards the net, we'd score more goals but no one wants to pay the price night in and night out. Horny does. Erat did tonight. Who else went to the net hard and on a regular basis? No one that I can recall. Either inspire them to go to the net or bench them.

Down 1 goal with 7 to play and we put Smithson's line out? We could've put out Bam Bam's line but instead we put out Smithson's line? Does it matter if we give up another one at that point? No, we've got to find a way to score but we're still playing defensively. Makes no sense sometimes.

Has Fisher found any sort of chemistry with anyone so far? Erat and SK, no, SK and Horny, no. Give him someone different until he finds someone he can play with.

Erat with maybe the best game of the year for him. Brain farts with all the defensemen tonight except maybe Suter. All the others were giving the puck away left and right. Can't do that.
It's time for Fisher to go on the Smithson line and move Wilson to the top line as a center and Spaling to the Bam Bam line...Fisher just isn't cutting it. We have too many like that and we can't afford to have another one

Old
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
Go to Fisher's stats. You got exactly what you traded for! Did you think he was going to be some kind of playmaker out there?
Better than what he's showing

Old
03-06-2011, 09:50 PM
hockey diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by IngloriusBuzzards View Post
we aren't there yet..... Gonna be a bumpy ride (did you expect something different?)
Yeah, you go right ahead and keep drinking the kool aid. I said it before and I'll say it again. We are not going to the playoffs this year.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

If Trotz keeps playing Fisher or an average of 19 minutes a game, and relying on his Defense first mentality, you probably won't make playoffs this year.
The announcers kept saying Legwand, Erat, Ward line were great. I will agree Legwand and Erat were Awsome, but Ward was not. In one shift alone, in his own end, he turned the puck over, or "lost a battle" 3 times.
Kudos to Legwand and Erat though.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Two different teams playing out there tonight. Flames recognize the dogfight they're in and kicked into a level of intensity that we couldn't or wouldn't match.

That's a troubling bummer.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Yeah, you go right ahead and keep drinking the kool aid. I said it before and I'll say it again. We are not going to the playoffs this year.
It's a bit premature to say one way or the other if we're making the playoffs. The team is playing inconsistent hockey ... not just from one game to the next but from period to period. We still have two games in hand on Calgary and one on Phoenix and play 12 of the next 16 at home. It's going to be the all too common fight down the stretch for one of the bottom playoff seeds where we probably finish 7-9.

In the past week we've proven that we can beat the best in the league and play down to the worst. Tonight was a one goal loss against one of the hottest teams in the league where our mistakes and penalties early killed us and allowed them back into the game after we took the lead twice. Mistakes don't go unpunished when playing a team that is in the middle of winning 60% of its games since 1 Jan.

The Predators fan base makes bi-polar people look balanced and stable.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Two different teams playing out there tonight. Flames recognize the dogfight they're in and kicked into a level of intensity that we couldn't or wouldn't match.

That's a troubling bummer.
It's not that there's no hustle in our game...far from it. But if we get down a goal we are toast. It was 9 mins or so to go and basically we were done because we can't generate scoring in tough games

Old
03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
roseyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It's a bit premature to say one way or the other if we're making the playoffs. The team is playing inconsistent hockey ... not just from one game to the next but from period to period. We still have two games in hand on Calgary and one on Phoenix and play 12 of the next 16 at home. It's going to be the all too common fight down the stretch for one of the bottom playoff seeds where we probably finish 7-9.

In the past week we've proven that we can beat the best in the league and play down to the worst. Tonight was a one goal loss against one of the hottest teams in the league where our mistakes and penalties early killed us and allowed them back into the game after we took the lead twice. Mistakes don't go unpunished when playing a team that is in the middle of winning 60% of its games since 1 Jan.

The Predators fan base makes bi-polar people look balanced and stable.
We are no different than any other fan base....Vancouver has the best record in the league and they loose 3 out of 4 and they were getting rip by the fans and media

Old
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
predfan24

I think the team is playing with lots more confidence than it was pre-Columbus game so I don't think the playoffs are out of reach by a long shot but for sure they have to start putting together some winning streaks here.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyc View Post
It's time for Fisher to go on the Smithson line and move Wilson to the top line as a center and Spaling to the Bam Bam line...Fisher just isn't cutting it. We have too many like that and we can't afford to have another one
Wilson isn't a center anymore IMO. I don't see him ever going back to it. At least not under Trotz.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:27 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

Fisher IS not worth a first

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Will Son View Post
Fisher IS not worth a first
neither is Carrie Underwood

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
and play 12 of the next 16 at home
Home/Road doesn't matter with this team. We've proven since the All Star break that "home ice" means jack squat to these guys.

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:43 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
neither is Carrie Underwood
I beg to differ.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:42 AM
RollingPredFan

No, so far Fisher wasn't worth a 1st at all. I always heard he is a Legwand, well even Leggy is playing much better, and he still drives me nutso with his inconsistency. Maybe he is hurt I hope, or we will have another case of a severely overpaid forward that can't score that Poile seems to love to have on this team...

It's just maddening, if we could score 3 goals we would be one of the best teams in the NHL. But alas.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:27 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Didn't find any chemistry in Ottawa either. He's a 3rd line center or a top 6 north-south winger that is unwilling to play the wing. Scoring line centers should be able to deal the puck, but he can score, so he should play the wing, he's made for it, but he doesn't like coming off center.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:00 AM
source

Until Fisher is paid like a 3rd line center, he will never be on an elite team in his life. He is excellent in that role, but his contract makes it very difficult for a team to have 2 top centers ahead of him.

source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
deanwormer

Egad, what a mess.... we're not really gonna' lay this on Fisher, are we? We got him to be our 3rd center, not to center a "skilled" line. Hopefully we can stick him on wing of our 2nd line next year, but for the moment, we got to get something from somewhere besides one line; not too mention consistency from them all.

If Trotz is committed to Wardo on our "first" line, let's maximize the utility of that. Ride them even strength and minimize the PK time for Leggy and Erat - we can skate someone in Ward's ES role for a couple shifts a game if we need too. That line becomes our #2 defensively responsible line if we need them to be, too.

So, from there - 2 choices.
Switch Fisher with either Geoffrion or Wilson leaving the other guys the same.
Let Geoffrion center Wilson and Hornqvist and hope those wings can find the chemistry that started to form with Leggy in the center. Leaves Fisher with SK and Halischuck/Toots/JP.

It's not as crazy as it looks on "paper"; Trotz has juggled around less talent than this in years past and found chemistry you wouldn't think of turning our grinders and complementary pieces into steady contributors - could work. (ok, a tad bit of hyperbole, but we have been able to spread our thin talent around and get expected contributions for a burst to help get things moving in the right direction)

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote