HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn thread (formerly 'Pierre Mcguire on team 990')

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2011, 09:52 PM
  #451
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Haven't Gionta and Kostitsyn scored points in approximately the same number of games this year? If that is the case, it is okay for some guys to be inconsistent and not for others.
You totally missed the point, didn't you? Read back a few posts/pages, I've addressed that point.

Quote:
Speaking of work ethics, where would Kostitsyn rank in your eyes among the group of Kostitsyn, Gionta and Gomez.
Are you actually saying that Gionta doesn't work hard?

Quote:
Kosty is not a $5 million, $6 million or $7 million player yet many here accuse of him of being a bum because he is not playing like the top echelon players. I say we are getting fair value for the guy.
Salary and production, in my opinion, are easier to forgive if/when the player works his ass off. Definitely not the case with AK, not matter the love fests around here. If/when you find the post(s) I'm referring to, you'll understand better. I know that it's hard to have the full picture of a debate when entering at the end. I don't blame you for that but find the other posts, you'll understand. As for Gomez, it's a bit off topic. I'm not a fan of his but I'm sure it's being discussed in his thread.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
  #452
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
And for those who think that people (including myself) have a personal agenda against the misunderstood AK, here's a read:

Andrei Kostitsyn on a mission!

And look at the date...

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:28 PM
  #453
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
So basically for you Habsterix AKA the police effort, AK does not struggle, he's only disappearing and lazy right?

This is not a love fest towards AK but defending him from an obvious hater, that can't even admit it.

Anyways, there's no need to argue. AK will never be your favorite because he doesn't play like Gionta, Kostopoulos or Darche. I still think he helps this team more than he hurts, that's why I will always back him.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
  #454
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You totally missed the point, didn't you? Read back a few posts/pages, I've addressed that point.


Are you actually saying that Gionta doesn't work hard?


Salary and production, in my opinion, are easier to forgive if/when the player works his ass off. Definitely not the case with AK, not matter the love fests around here. If/when you find the post(s) I'm referring to, you'll understand better. I know that it's hard to have the full picture of a debate when entering at the end. I don't blame you for that but find the other posts, you'll understand. As for Gomez, it's a bit off topic. I'm not a fan of his but I'm sure it's being discussed in his thread.
Just so you know, you haven't answered any of his questions.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:45 PM
  #455
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 13,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You totally missed the point, didn't you? Read back a few posts/pages, I've addressed that point.


Are you actually saying that Gionta doesn't work hard?


Salary and production, in my opinion, are easier to forgive if/when the player works his ass off. Definitely not the case with AK, not matter the love fests around here. If/when you find the post(s) I'm referring to, you'll understand better. I know that it's hard to have the full picture of a debate when entering at the end. I don't blame you for that but find the other posts, you'll understand. As for Gomez, it's a bit off topic. I'm not a fan of his but I'm sure it's being discussed in his thread.
Really? Players don't get paid $5M just for working their ***** off. They have to have far better than average talent as well to be paid that much. We'll see what Gauthier does, If he re-signs AKost and gives him a raise it'll prove that he sees things differently from you. Your forgiveness or lack of it is meaningless.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:44 AM
  #456
Forsead
Registered User
 
Forsead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Québec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
And for those who think that people (including myself) have a personal agenda against the misunderstood AK, here's a read:

Andrei Kostitsyn on a mission!

And look at the date...
The only thing I don't get, because I undertand alot of your sentiments and share some of your points of view is why do you like so much Penner when the guy isn't working his ass off like you like so much. He is well known to take shifts off exactly like Kostitsyn, but you would want him very bad on the team when you say that's one thing you can't stand with Kostitsyn. That was the reason why I didn't think he Penner would have been ideal (he would make a good job IMO, but still he isn't the ideal player for the job).

Forsead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:10 PM
  #457
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Would a hater write this?

Andrei Kostitsyn on a mission!
Oh please, you wrote that on Oct. 18. When he was on fire. He was doing great back then. There's nothing negative to say about his play.

I call you a hater because you can't see/admit that AK can hit a cold streak or struggling at some point in the season. Instead of saying that he has lost all his confidence (and we all know how AK is when his confidence is at 0), you call him hibernating like he's completely invisible and useless in the game.

Even when AK was struggling offensively, he was still responsible defensively. Yes sometimes he takes the wrong guy or make a poor decision but he's not floating back. He was leading in our+/- (+12) after 50 games... until JM had the brillant idea to pair him with Gomez. He dropped from +12 to +4 in 8 games.

For a guy that apparently was hibernating/invisible for 30-40 games which is around 60% of the season, he's still leading in hits, GWG and top 4 in almost every offensive stats, he is not that bad.

AK is a streaky player, like a ******** of other players in the league. I don't see anything wrong with that. You get what you pay for.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:53 PM
  #458
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Oh please, you wrote that on Oct. 18. When he was on fire. He was doing great back then. There's nothing negative to say about his play.

I call you a hater because you can't see/admit that AK can hit a cold streak or struggling at some point in the season. Instead of saying that he has lost all his confidence (and we all know how AK is when his confidence is at 0), you call him hibernating like he's completely invisible and useless in the game.

Even when AK was struggling offensively, he was still responsible defensively. Yes sometimes he takes the wrong guy or make a poor decision but he's not floating back. He was leading in our+/- (+12) after 50 games... until JM had the brillant idea to pair him with Gomez. He dropped from +12 to +4 in 8 games.

For a guy that apparently was hibernating/invisible for 30-40 games which is around 60% of the season, he's still leading in hits, GWG and top 4 in almost every offensive stats, he is not that bad.

AK is a streaky player, like a ******** of other players in the league. I don't see anything wrong with that. You get what you pay for.
I see that you have a hard on for the guy. Good for you. I personally don't like guys who don't give an effort game in game out. YOU brought Gomez, not me. I'm not a Gomez fan but that's not HIS thread here.

I pointed that link simply to show you that for a hater, I can give credit when credit is due. Unfortunately, I've grown tired of the long hibernation periods. You find him defensively responsible? Good on you. I don't and Martin (as well as his previous coaches) doesn't think so either as he's rarely in defensive situations.

Now love him. I can respect that. He's not my type. Hope you can also respect that.

This will be my last comment in this thread as I think that everything has been said... more than once.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:10 PM
  #459
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I personally don't like guys who don't give an effort game in game out. .
So then you wouldn't like Dustin Penner right? But, wait you do. Dustin Penner like Andrei also has effort issues. These issues of effort in regards to Penner was brought up after he was traded by the media. Is effort was always in question among edmonton fans and was constantly questioned be his former coach MacTavish while he with Edmonton and long after he was fired from Edmonton while on the Panel on tsn.

I really don't see how you can claim you hate Andrei for effort issues, but then go around saying Penner is exactly what we need and making proposals on the tradeboards until the deadline.

Of course you'll say that Penner does work hard...but, again he doesn't. I've talked about his effort issues, the media has talked about, his coaches have talked about it, the fans have has well.

I'm on Stadale's side and I think you just have a hate for Andrei(and there are numerous threads with posts of yours that point to that conclusion) and it clouds your perceptions of him. Of course you'll agree and blame it on effort as to why you don't like him, yet you don't apply the reasoning to other players you covet, even though they are guilty of the very reasons you "dislike" Andrei. I guess you don't like Pouliot, Gomez or Cammalleri either? I'm also guessing you didn't like Ribiero, Latendresse and Lapierre either?

Heck I guess you dislike a lot of top 6 players in the league, since the majority of them are guilty of the thing you dislike Andrei for.

I really don't care that you don't like Andrei...what I don't understand is how you like other players even though they don't work hard. Well considering your views about size and toughness, I guess so long as you have size(even though you don't really use it overtly), then the effort issues can be overlooked.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:42 PM
  #460
Stradale
Registered User
 
Stradale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,000
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
I see that you have a hard on for the guy. Good for you. I personally don't like guys who don't give an effort game in game out. YOU brought Gomez, not me. I'm not a Gomez fan but that's not HIS thread here.

I pointed that link simply to show you that for a hater, I can give credit when credit is due. Unfortunately, I've grown tired of the long hibernation periods. You find him defensively responsible? Good on you. I don't and Martin (as well as his previous coaches) doesn't think so either as he's rarely in defensive situations.

Now love him. I can respect that. He's not my type. Hope you can also respect that.

This will be my last comment in this thread as I think that everything has been said... more than once.
I don't have a hard on him. I just defend him from the unfair criticism.

All of your arguments are cliches by the way.

You refuse to admit that Gomez has an negative impact on AK and rather ignore it. Without playing with Gomez, he would be on pace for a 50-55+ pts season but of course, you don't care about stats when it comes to AK. You also don't care about his hits and GWG, all the good stats, you ignore it, and concentrate on how many games on a row he struggles. That my friend, is being a hater. Ignore the good, concentrate on the bad.

You even have to use previous coaches to make your point and again, ignoring that one of the improvement AK has this year is actually is defensive game. Still not great, but there's obvious improvement there but I bet you can't even see it.

It's actually funny that you say that you hate players that gives an effort night in night out and then say that you like a guy like Penner... for a guy that has seen him often like you said, I don't know how you can like him because he is known for NOT giving an effort night in night out.

Oh btw, I guess you wouldn't want guys like Getzlaf or Eric Staal on your team either huh? Because from their own fanbase, they don't give a constant effort every games either.

For me, its the contribution and making the team win that is important. Gionta is maybe more consistent than AK but at the end of the day, their offensive contribution is about the same. Gio has pt every 2-3 games, AK is hot for 3 straight games, then goes cold for 5-6 games. Its the same. Also, I don't think AK is a much more better player than Gio.. Care to explain me why AK is outproducing Gionta this season while having limited icetime and PP at times?

Hell, even Kopitar at one point in the season, had 1 goal in 20 games.. but has 20 goals/60 pts in total this season, don't think the Kings fans are all over him. That just shows that players have ups and downs.. I don't see why AK can't.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:01 AM
  #461
CuteHockeyBunny
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Yugoslavia
Posts: 1,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So then you wouldn't like Dustin Penner right? But, wait you do. Dustin Penner like Andrei also has effort issues. These issues of effort in regards to Penner was brought up after he was traded by the media. Is effort was always in question among edmonton fans and was constantly questioned be his former coach MacTavish while he with Edmonton and long after he was fired from Edmonton while on the Panel on tsn.

I really don't see how you can claim you hate Andrei for effort issues, but then go around saying Penner is exactly what we need and making proposals on the tradeboards until the deadline.

Of course you'll say that Penner does work hard...but, again he doesn't. I've talked about his effort issues, the media has talked about, his coaches have talked about it, the fans have has well.

I'm on Stadale's side and I think you just have a hate for Andrei(and there are numerous threads with posts of yours that point to that conclusion) and it clouds your perceptions of him. Of course you'll agree and blame it on effort as to why you don't like him, yet you don't apply the reasoning to other players you covet, even though they are guilty of the very reasons you "dislike" Andrei. I guess you don't like Pouliot, Gomez or Cammalleri either? I'm also guessing you didn't like Ribiero, Latendresse and Lapierre either?

Heck I guess you dislike a lot of top 6 players in the league, since the majority of them are guilty of the thing you dislike Andrei for.

I really don't care that you don't like Andrei...what I don't understand is how you like other players even though they don't work hard. Well considering your views about size and toughness, I guess so long as you have size(even though you don't really use it overtly), then the effort issues can be overlooked.
Hey man, Andrei is a coaster. He's not like our superstar Michael Cammalleri who gets physically implicated in every single zone of the rink. Every night, game in and game out, Mike gives it his all and helps the team any way he can but of course, he earns 2x what Andrei does. Andrei on the other hand. Andrei, he just glides on the ice pretending he's in Belarus with his brother Sergei and papa who is probably called Jorjei.

CuteHockeyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:11 AM
  #462
FuriousBob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteHockeyBunny View Post
Hey man, Andrei is a coaster. He's not like our superstar Michael Cammalleri who gets physically implicated in every single zone of the rink. Every night, game in and game out, Mike gives it his all and helps the team any way he can but of course, he earns 2x what Andrei does. Andrei on the other hand. Andrei, he just glides on the ice pretending he's in Belarus with his brother Sergei and papa who is probably called Jorjei.
A. Kost is alot more physical than cammalleri... he leads the team in hits too... Cammy is soft...

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:18 AM
  #463
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod
 
overlords's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 24,379
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
A. Kost is alot more physical than cammalleri... he leads the team in hits too... Cammy is soft...
S_RC_SM

Buy a vowel.

__________________



"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 03:05 AM
  #464
Next Best Thing*
 
Next Best Thing*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 6,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So then you wouldn't like Dustin Penner right? But, wait you do. Dustin Penner like Andrei also has effort issues. These issues of effort in regards to Penner was brought up after he was traded by the media. Is effort was always in question among edmonton fans and was constantly questioned be his former coach MacTavish while he with Edmonton and long after he was fired from Edmonton while on the Panel on tsn.

I really don't see how you can claim you hate Andrei for effort issues, but then go around saying Penner is exactly what we need and making proposals on the tradeboards until the deadline.

Of course you'll say that Penner does work hard...but, again he doesn't. I've talked about his effort issues, the media has talked about, his coaches have talked about it, the fans have has well.

I'm on Stadale's side and I think you just have a hate for Andrei(and there are numerous threads with posts of yours that point to that conclusion) and it clouds your perceptions of him. Of course you'll agree and blame it on effort as to why you don't like him, yet you don't apply the reasoning to other players you covet, even though they are guilty of the very reasons you "dislike" Andrei. I guess you don't like Pouliot, Gomez or Cammalleri either? I'm also guessing you didn't like Ribiero, Latendresse and Lapierre either?

Heck I guess you dislike a lot of top 6 players in the league, since the majority of them are guilty of the thing you dislike Andrei for.

I really don't care that you don't like Andrei...what I don't understand is how you like other players even though they don't work hard. Well considering your views about size and toughness, I guess so long as you have size(even though you don't really use it overtly), then the effort issues can be overlooked.
I couldn't of said it better myself, the hypocracy of him is uncharted.

To make matters worst Andrei is currently playing better, MUCH better than Penner is. It goes to show that some people are dinosaurs and there is no helping them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
A. Kost is alot more physical than cammalleri... he leads the team in hits too... Cammy is soft...
Sarcasm is hard to spot on an internet forum, I gotta admit

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 07:36 AM
  #465
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You totally missed the point, didn't you? Read back a few posts/pages, I've addressed that point.


Are you actually saying that Gionta doesn't work hard?


Salary and production, in my opinion, are easier to forgive if/when the player works his ass off. Definitely not the case with AK, not matter the love fests around here. If/when you find the post(s) I'm referring to, you'll understand better. I know that it's hard to have the full picture of a debate when entering at the end. I don't blame you for that but find the other posts, you'll understand. As for Gomez, it's a bit off topic. I'm not a fan of his but I'm sure it's being discussed in his thread.
Sorry, my point may have been unclear. I was saying that Gionta does work hard, very hard in fact. But to compare Kostitsyn's effort only to one of the hardest working players on the team is unfair. Compare is effort to that of Cammalleri, Gomez, Pouliot and some of our other "top six" players.

BTW, I am not interested in searching through a bunch of old posts on your behalf. If you want to make a point... I am more than willing to read it. I am just not willing to go on some wild goose chase.

As far as entering the debate at the end, I beg to differ. I have been a supporter of Kostitsyn for a long time and have made that point known. Perhaps you would like to search through the old posts

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:26 AM
  #466
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
So then you wouldn't like Dustin Penner right? But, wait you do. Dustin Penner like Andrei also has effort issues. These issues of effort in regards to Penner was brought up after he was traded by the media. Is effort was always in question among edmonton fans and was constantly questioned be his former coach MacTavish while he with Edmonton and long after he was fired from Edmonton while on the Panel on tsn.

I really don't see how you can claim you hate Andrei for effort issues, but then go around saying Penner is exactly what we need and making proposals on the tradeboards until the deadline.

Of course you'll say that Penner does work hard...but, again he doesn't. I've talked about his effort issues, the media has talked about, his coaches have talked about it, the fans have has well.

I'm on Stadale's side and I think you just have a hate for Andrei(and there are numerous threads with posts of yours that point to that conclusion) and it clouds your perceptions of him. Of course you'll agree and blame it on effort as to why you don't like him, yet you don't apply the reasoning to other players you covet, even though they are guilty of the very reasons you "dislike" Andrei. I guess you don't like Pouliot, Gomez or Cammalleri either? I'm also guessing you didn't like Ribiero, Latendresse and Lapierre either?

Heck I guess you dislike a lot of top 6 players in the league, since the majority of them are guilty of the thing you dislike Andrei for.

I really don't care that you don't like Andrei...what I don't understand is how you like other players even though they don't work hard. Well considering your views about size and toughness, I guess so long as you have size(even though you don't really use it overtly), then the effort issues can be overlooked.
Of all the posters I would of expected you to fall into this trap last. Neither Dustin Penner or Andrei Kostitsyn are one bit lazy. They both are hard workers, once the media has an agenda against someone it is hard to reverse.

People who never watch the Habs claim AK to be lazy without ever really watching him play. It's amazing to me on the main boards how so many people have an opinion on someone they've never seen just because the talking heads all spout the nonsense. Penner is subject to the same bs AK is. If you think Penner or AK are lazy you don't watch the games or understand what you're watching.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
  #467
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Of all the posters I would of expected you to fall into this trap last. Neither Dustin Penner or Andrei Kostitsyn are one bit lazy. They both are hard workers, once the media has an agenda against someone it is hard to reverse.

People who never watch the Habs claim AK to be lazy without ever really watching him play. It's amazing to me on the main boards how so many people have an opinion on someone they've never seen just because the talking heads all spout the nonsense. Penner is subject to the same bs AK is. If you think Penner or AK are lazy you don't watch the games or understand what you're watching.
I don't think either are lazy(but let's not lie to ourselves and say they are work horses, they coast every now and then, but a lot of top 6 players do to, so I'm not gonna go crazy about that, but you are right, they are not as lazy as what they are portrayed, read my post 449 on the other page). I think they both bring the same effort level to each game they play.

My query is with why Asterix does not apply the reasons he doesn't like Andrei, to Dustin Penner because they are very similar players, yet he dislikes one, but loves the other.

You know I like Andrei and I like Dustin Penner to some degree(my biggest beef with Penner is that i really hate his contract when taking into consideration the habs cap situation). It's not that I don't like Penner, I just think the cost to acquire was high. My beef is just with the inconsistencies of Asterix's arguments.

Also for the record, I like Andrei more than I do Penner. Andrei is so bashed that his positive contributions to the team are being overlooked.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:34 AM
  #468
LesCanadiens
Registered User
 
LesCanadiens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The Okanagan Baby!
Posts: 2,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Of all the posters I would of expected you to fall into this trap last. Neither Dustin Penner or Andrei Kostitsyn are one bit lazy. They both are hard workers, once the media has an agenda against someone it is hard to reverse.

People who never watch the Habs claim AK to be lazy without ever really watching him play. It's amazing to me on the main boards how so many people have an opinion on someone they've never seen just because the talking heads all spout the nonsense. Penner is subject to the same bs AK is. If you think Penner or AK are lazy you don't watch the games or understand what you're watching.
I've watched him play since his first shift. If he's not lazy, then he's often just plain ole lost. When he's in his 'funk', which is for most of the season, he looks lazy or lost or stoned.....

Heck, when he's in his little funks, often all it takes is a stiff pass to knock him on his belarass.

LesCanadiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 09:41 AM
  #469
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
I don't think either are lazy(but let's not lie to ourselves and say they are work horses, they coast every now and then, but a lot of top 6 players do to, so I'm not gonna go crazy about that, but you are right, they are not as lazy as what they are portrayed, read my post 449 on the other page). I think they both bring the same effort level to each game they play.

My query is with why Asterix does not apply the reasons he doesn't like Andrei, to Dustin Penner because they are very similar players, yet he dislikes one, but loves the other.

You know I like Andrei and I like Dustin Penner to some degree(my biggest beef with Penner is that i really hate his contract when taking into consideration the habs cap situation). It's not that I don't like Penner, I just think the cost to acquire was high. My beef is just with the inconsistencies of Asterix's arguments.

Also for the record, I like Andrei more than I do Penner. Andrei is so bashed that his positive contributions to the team are being overlooked.
I agree, I didn't bother addressing Habsterix's posts because I often find them inconsistent with one another.

I don't see the comparison between AK and DP though. They are completely different players imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
I've watched him play since his first shift. If he's not lazy, then he's often just plain ole lost. When he's in his 'funk', which is for most of the season, he looks lazy or lost or stoned.....

Heck, when he's in his little funks, often all it takes is a stiff pass to knock him on his belarass.
The last 20-30 games he's been probably the hardest worker on the team. Watch the play, he is often the first one back on his line. His defensive game has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. He also made passes from his butt ect after going into the boards with a heavy forecheck and setting up Eller. Even when he wasn't scoring with Gomez he still looked like one of the better players on the ice. His passing ability is his most under rated aspect imo. He is a very very good passer. He just needs someone who can handle them.

We give up on this guy and we will live to regret it, mark my words. He is at least twice the player of his little brother.

habsjunkie2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:08 AM
  #470
neofury*
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal, PQ
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Oh please, you wrote that on Oct. 18. When he was on fire. He was doing great back then. There's nothing negative to say about his play.

I call you a hater because you can't see/admit that AK can hit a cold streak or struggling at some point in the season. Instead of saying that he has lost all his confidence (and we all know how AK is when his confidence is at 0), you call him hibernating like he's completely invisible and useless in the game.

Even when AK was struggling offensively, he was still responsible defensively. Yes sometimes he takes the wrong guy or make a poor decision but he's not floating back. He was leading in our+/- (+12) after 50 games... until JM had the brillant idea to pair him with Gomez. He dropped from +12 to +4 in 8 games.

For a guy that apparently was hibernating/invisible for 30-40 games which is around 60% of the season, he's still leading in hits, GWG and top 4 in almost every offensive stats, he is not that bad.

AK is a streaky player, like a ******** of other players in the league. I don't see anything wrong with that. You get what you pay for.
Don't worry bro, I actually did support this guy all along.

http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2010/...beginning.html

And if you check other posts I made, I always did in those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
The only thing I don't get, because I undertand alot of your sentiments and share some of your points of view is why do you like so much Penner when the guy isn't working his ass off like you like so much. He is well known to take shifts off exactly like Kostitsyn, but you would want him very bad on the team when you say that's one thing you can't stand with Kostitsyn. That was the reason why I didn't think he Penner would have been ideal (he would make a good job IMO, but still he isn't the ideal player for the job).
I've said it before and I'll say it again a thousand times until the naive people can get it through their heads and so can those who are haters that are simply in denial.

Lazy Canadian/American player sucks, it's a slump
Normal Russian/Euro player sucks, it's cause he's a lazy good for nothing scrub.

Why? Because people are prejudice and just make assumptions founded on nothing but bias against a certain player due to his origin.

Anyone who claims they're hating due to otherwise, some of you might have a valid reason or two, but for the most part the lot of you are just in denial. You don't want to admit it but fact is it's been proven time and time again when you call Andrei lazy and other players like Penner are let off scot free.

I really don't care if people want to dislike players based on where they're from, to each their own. But at least have the balls to admit it and stop playing these stupid games where you attack peoples arguments in favor of Andrei and don't have 1 valid point to go with. At least be a man and admit you don't like him for that reason, admit it not only to other people but in a lot of your cases to yourself. If you don't you're just living in denial cause frankly a large minority of people here don't like him for that reason. They can deny it to the bitter end if they want but it doesn't change it. You can tell when they have no reasoning for their arguments, their "facts" don't hold weight, and they're always hating on the guy but praising a guy like Penner.

Either you've never seen Penner play and you're just an ignorant bandwagon hater who doesn't like Andrei because you were told not to, or you don't like him cause he's a Euro. Any other reason is simply not a valid one because there really is no reason to hate the guy in reality. In a cloud of bias maybe you can convince yourself otherwise, after all nobody wants to admit they're prejudice, but fact still remains, the lot of you are and just can't admit it. If it wasn't Kovy it was Andrei, or somebody else.

In any event it's pathetic that a pack of scrubs posting on an internet forum go around calling people who play hockey in the NHL lazy, go back to your scrub ass house league, you're the one whose lazy not the guys who worked hard their entire lives and made the NHL.


Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-08-2011 at 10:58 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:30 AM
  #471
Basszor
Registered User
 
Basszor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
Don't worry bro, I actually did support this guy all along.

http://neogenhabs.blogspot.com/2010/...beginning.html

And if you check other posts I made, I always did in those too.



I've said it before and I'll say it again a thousand times until the naive people can get it through their heads and so can those who are haters that are simply in denial.

Lazy Canadian/American player sucks, it's a slump
Normal Russian/Euro player sucks, it's cause he's a lazy good for nothing scrub.

Why? Because people are prejudice and just make assumptions founded on nothing but bias against a certain player due to his origin.

Anyone who claims they're hating due to otherwise, some of you might have a valid reason or two, but for the most part the lot of you are just in denial. You don't want to admit it but fact is it's been proven time and time again when you call Andrei lazy and other players like Penner are let off scot free.

I really don't care if people want to dislike players based on where they're from, to each their own. But at least have the balls to admit it and stop playing these stupid games where you attack peoples arguments in favor of Andrei and don't have 1 valid point to go with. At least be a man and admit you don't like him for that reason, admit it not only to other people but in a lot of your cases to yourself. If you don't you're just living in denial cause frankly a large minority of people here don't like him for that reason. They can deny it to the bitter end if they want but it doesn't change it. You can tell when they have no reasoning for their arguments, their "facts" don't hold weight, and they're always hating on the guy but praising a guy like Penner.

Either you've never seen Penner play and you're just an ignorant bandwagon hater who doesn't like Andrei because you were told not to, or you don't like him cause he's a Euro. Any other reason is simply not a valid one because there really is no reason to hate the guy in reality. In a cloud of bias maybe you can convince yourself otherwise, after all nobody wants to admit they're prejudice, but fact still remains, the lot of you are and just can't admit it. If it wasn't Kovy it was Andrei, or somebody else.

In any event it's pathetic that a pack of scrubs posting on an internet forum go around calling people who play hockey in the NHL lazy, go back to your scrub ass house league, you're the one whose lazy not the guys who worked hard their entire lives and made the NHL.
mind = blown

Well said. To me, Andrei really looked like he's giving much more of an effort than previous seasons. I mean, even when he's not scoring, you SEE him on the ice and lots of good thing he does goes under the radar because people think that if he doesn't score he's useless. His defensive game is much better than it was too. He's not a liability on the ice anymore.

His slump is on Gomez because before J.Martin broke our best line this season he was on fire with near PPG and I doubt it would have stopped but at least now we get to see a whole new line, which should give us maybe a future pairing in Eller-Akost hopefully!

Anyway, just hope we resign this guy because since i'm not a hater i've been able to see the improvement in his game this season and I think it will still be better next season as well.

Basszor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
  #472
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
The last 20-30 games he's been probably the hardest worker on the team. Watch the play, he is often the first one back on his line. His defensive game has improved leaps and bounds over the last few years. He also made passes from his butt ect after going into the boards with a heavy forecheck and setting up Eller. Even when he wasn't scoring with Gomez he still looked like one of the better players on the ice. His passing ability is his most under rated aspect imo. He is a very very good passer. He just needs someone who can handle them.

We give up on this guy and we will live to regret it, mark my words. He is at least twice the player of his little brother.
Agreed. People just don't know how to evaluate AK. I think it's because they were fed a few too many times about the draft. How we missed on this or that player, how those players are succeeding elsewhere, and we're stuck with a ''struggling'' Belorussian.
Then there's the obvious ridiculous headline a few years back, darkest day in habs history, that didn't help the reputation.

I think he's been one of our better players this year. Right out of the gate, I felt he was arguably our best forward, better than Plek or at least on par. I was all for trying to spread the talent over our top 6, so I agreed in moving AK with Gomez, but I also assumed that meant Gionta staying there and Pouliot being placed next to Cammy-Plek. Martin didn't do that though, and his experiment failed. During that time AK's production stopped, but he didn't look nearly as bad as people made him out to be (this goes back to people simply not knowing how to evaluate him). Moved away from that line and he slowly came back to his productive self from earlier. He now has 8pts in 6GP, playing under 15min. Hopefully that lasts.

I never got the hate this guy generated. I don't know how anybody can call him lazy or careless after watching his reactions when he scores or even by knowing he took the initiative to speak with the coach on what could be done to improve.

I agree with what you've just said. This guy can be a difference maker. We don't have a lot of players like him, and unless we get something of similar value (top 6), I have no interest in moving him. Obviously that is if he's not greedy, but I doubt he will be.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.