HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-0-1 on the Road? Wooooo

Old
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
HogtownSabresfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
21-13-3 which is 45 points in 37 games. 100 point pace.
Thanks this team has flaws for sure. Power Play is up and down for starters. But they've been pretty consistent since the bad start. What does it mean if they make the playoffs?
Who knows?
Miller gets hot and streaky Stafford and Vanek show up. It's possible you get through a round. Playoffs sometimes are a test of who stays healthy so you never know.
Let's make the playoffs and see what happens.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:55 PM
wyldthing89

I don't think there is a lot of team with a better record in 2011 than us, maybe 3-4 including New-Jersey who is still 8 points off (they have an amazing 20-2-2 run) Chicago and maybe Calgary who their situation was similar than us, ie in 11-12th place with 8-10 points off.

Anything can happens in the playoffs if we are in, i just hope we will avoid Flyers in the 1st round, i like our chances vs Tampa and Miller's record vs Bruins is impressive minus last year playoffs.

Anyway, this week, Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto and back home to play the Binghamton Senators

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
i wonder if this is a buffalo defense record?
I'd be a little bit shocked if Housley never did that.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldthing89 View Post
I don't think there is a lot of team with a better record in 2011 than us, maybe 3-4 including New-Jersey who is still 8 points off (they have an amazing 20-2-2 run) Chicago and maybe Calgary who their situation was similar than us, ie in 11-12th place with 8-10 points off.

Anything can happens in the playoffs if we are in, i just hope we will avoid Flyers in the 1st round, i like our chances vs Tampa and Miller's record vs Bruins is impressive minus last year playoffs.

Anyway, this week, Boston, Pittsburgh, Toronto and back home to play the Binghamton Senators
I wouldn't take Sens game lightly. It will be second of back to back and third in four nights my friend.

Old
03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
I'd be a little bit shocked if Housley never did that.
yeah thats the only name that comes to mind. I bet he did. its tough though!

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Cuse44

Good:
-Sekera, Montador, and Myers were awesome all night and really stood out..
-Enroth looked good (especially the big breakaway save in 3rd)
-Showed big heart winning it after blowing the 2 goal lead. I thought they controlled the 3rd after looking like they were running out of gas fast.

Ugly:
-Lalime looks happy picking splinters and being a cheerleader.

Cuse44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:00 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
I don't know why that would be significant, the most recent games are the most important indicators, while the games at the beginning of the season are less and less so as time passes.
Not necessarily true. Lots of other variables in play - strength of opponents, home vs road, injuries (Roy), etc.

It's important because if we're arbitrarily cutting out a big chunk of games that happened to be bad, it might be relevant to see what the numbers look like if we cut out a chunk of good games.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:01 PM
jlr
\m/o.o\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Ellis Problems View Post
21-13-3 which is 45 points in 37 games. 100 point pace.
Thanks.

jlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:05 PM
wyldthing89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
I wouldn't take Sens game lightly. It will be second of back to back and third in four nights my friend.
Yes and i forgot that this game will be the 1st after this long trip, probably a crazy 1st period carry by the fans but flatting out in the 2nd, finally a game we use to see all year long

wyldthing89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:07 PM
ADoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlr View Post
Not necessarily true. Lots of other variables in play - strength of opponents, home vs road, injuries (Roy), etc.

It's important because if we're arbitrarily cutting out a big chunk of games that happened to be bad, it might be relevant to see what the numbers look like if we cut out a chunk of good games.
Well it's all the games put together that matter so oh well.

ADoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:31 PM
jflory81
Irken Elite

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
I'm all for Weber playing but not in favor of Morrison. I would rather see Weber over Butler, even though Butler has played better and more confident lately. Morrison has been physical lately and played steady d.
I don't think Morrisson has been steady at all recently. Physical, yes, but his poor decisions in the neutral zone seem like they create a two on one a game. And the rare time tonight he was back as the lone defender on a two on one after a bad change, he played it awfully.

I'm not interested in breaking up what has been a really good pairing in Butler-Myers just to keep Morrisson in the lineup.

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:13 PM
Dubi Doo

As a poster before me had said, Myers reminds me a lot of Ray Borque. I don't know if he can be quite that good, but his potential is unreal. The dude takes games over; it's that simple.

He's learning to use his body, something we didn't see much of last year. His skating is still great. I don't think there's a D-man on the team that gets more slap shots through to the net (Maybe Leopold?). He uses his size on the rush to shrug guys off. We are lucky to have him.

He's going to lead this team places someday

Ok...I'll stop now- haha

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Shmuffalo
It's SAMSON, bozo.

Just bought a Myers Kelowna Rockets jersey at Dave and Adam's card world this afternoon... I attribute his beastly play to this purchase.

Shmuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
As a poster before me had said, Myers reminds me a lot of Ray Borque. I don't know if he can be quite that good, but his potential is unreal. The dude takes games over; it's that simple.

He's learning to use his body, something we didn't see much of last year. His skating is still great. I don't think there's a D-man on the team that gets more slap shots through to the net (Maybe Leopold?). He uses his size on the rush to shrug guys off. We are lucky to have him.

Ok...I'll stop now- haha
He's really starting to take off now. Im curious what he will end up singing for after next season.

Im not sure about the bourque comparison. TO be honest Myers doesn't make me think of any other Dman out there past or present. Which, is actually a really good sign to me.

He's a much smoother skater than Chara. He's still putting on pounds so who knows how physical he will/can end up. He's not as aggresive as pronger. I really can't pin point it, but I kinda like it that way.

P.S. I love when Chain refers to Myers rushes as a gallop I can't think of a better word. Sometimes I come to post it in the GDT and Chain has already beat me to it hahaha

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
TO be honest Myers doesn't make me think of any other Dman out there past or present. Which, is actually a really good sign to me.
Touche. Let's not Sabreize him.

Old
03-06-2011, 11:58 PM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
For Sekera, an interesting stat :

First 56 games - 12 pts
Last 5 games - 10 pts

ON FIRE.

lecherous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:15 AM
Goose08

vanek had a real nice, albeit quiet game. hence the 3rd star. controlled a lot play in the offensive zone. nice little one touch pass to monty on the 1st goal. came very close to having a beauty of his own in the 1st as well.

Goose08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:15 AM
lecherous

Send a message via AIM to lecherous
Also the odds on the Sabres winning the cup right now are 100:1 ...a team that's playing well going down the stretch that seems re-energized plus has a goalie that can catch fire for a month or two...not saying they're favorites to win it, but at this point I think 100:1 is a good value.

lecherous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:18 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
He's really starting to take off now. Im curious what he will end up singing for after next season.

Im not sure about the bourque comparison. TO be honest Myers doesn't make me think of any other Dman out there past or present. Which, is actually a really good sign to me.

He's a much smoother skater than Chara. He's still putting on pounds so who knows how physical he will/can end up. He's not as aggresive as pronger. I really can't pin point it, but I kinda like it that way.

P.S. I love when Chain refers to Myers rushes as a gallop I can't think of a better word. Sometimes I come to post it in the GDT and Chain has already beat me to it hahaha
Myers has the potential to be a taller, slightly meaner Niedermayer. That's the best comparison I've ever come up with, but he's such a special talent it's hard to pigeonhole him.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:39 AM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Pegula.....

To use a hometown comparison.....

The Bills have sucked since the early 90's. They kind of sucked in the 70's and 80's too. The reason they were Bowl worthy in the late 80's and early 90's was, yes the players but the front office. Bill Polian was brought in and the Bills changed immediately. It starts top on down.

Back to present day....

I'd bet everything I own that Pegula's intensity has carried all the way down to the players. They look faster, they look like they care more, even Ray said he wittnesed a gracious player not wanting to leave now. Thank you Terry.

We, as Buffalo fans, always have optimism but now there seems to be real reason for it. Yes, I'm excited about the rest of the season but I really can't wait to see what Pegula and Co are going to do this summer!!!!

Points in every game under Pegula!

Go Sabres!

SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:54 AM
MGIII
Legendary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
Pegula.....

The Bills have sucked since the early 90's
. They kind of sucked in the 70's and 80's too. The reason they were Bowl worthy in the late 80's and early 90's was, yes the players but the front office. Bill Polian was brought in and the Bills changed immediately. It starts top on down.

Back to present day....

I'd bet everything I own that Pegula's intensity has carried all the way down to the players. They look faster, they look like they care more, even Ray said he wittnesed a gracious player not wanting to leave now. Thank you Terry.

We, as Buffalo fans, always have optimism but now there seems to be real reason for it. Yes, I'm excited about the rest of the season but I really can't wait to see what Pegula and Co are going to do this summer!!!!

Go Sabres!
Lol

MGIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:18 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post

Ok...I'll stop now- haha
It's crazy how much he's improved since the start of the season. The last month or so he's played Norris level hockey.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:20 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Okay. I'm a Stafford believer once again.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:34 AM
funkymag77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuse44 View Post
I'm all for Weber playing but not in favor of Morrison. I would rather see Weber over Butler, even though Butler has played better and more confident lately. Morrison has been physical lately and played steady d.
Are you a Canes fan? Only way this makes sense to me. Morrisonn has been awful lately, constantly making poor decisions, taking bad penalties, giving up chances. He's a weak link in an otherwise smart, versatile defensive group.

funkymag77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:46 AM
LFDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post
Pegula.....

The Bills have sucked since the early 90's. They kind of sucked in the 70's and 80's too. The reason they were Bowl worthy in the late 80's and early 90's was, yes the players but the front office. Bill Polian was brought in and the Bills changed immediately. It starts top on down.

Back to present day....

Go Sabres!
That's news to me

LFDM is offline   Reply With Quote