HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

**** yes!

Old
03-06-2011, 07:53 PM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
White won't be clearing lucic from anywhere. Lucic has 20 pounds and 4 inches on him.
But he's got grit, cap'n!

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by headliner View Post
Haven't read through this entire thread....but did anyone notice that idiot Cherry showing the NESN promo for the Habs-Bruins game? Bloodied Habs' faces....nothing but Boston goals.

Cherry comes back on: "Good stuff!"

Using his podium to pump his Bruins....with a promo from the Boston station for a game that won't even be on CBC.

He's the biggest hack in the business.
Cherry's point was that fighting sells the sport in the US. We already know that about Boston, but I dont think he was trying to make the habs look bad. That's just NESN catering to their own marketplace.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Recalled Henry, Conboy and Schultz for tommorow. All in the lineup with Mara, Moen and White.

I don't care if we loose, just for the sake of sending a message to Boston.

Hannibal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:18 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Recalled Henry, Conboy and Schultz for tommorow. All in the lineup with Mara, Moen and White.

my feeling is that you're giving boston a better chance to win if you let yourself get trapped into the silly stuff.

Habs should retaliate by pushing the pace as hard as they can. That's what has made montreal so successful against boston.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Lol, Boston has 2 wins in the last two years against us. Let's send a message the way the Habs do it best : just win.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
neofury*

What a waste of call-ups that would be, even if we win.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

We don't nearly have the fighting skill and size to play the Bruins game. We always have the best success when they run around trying to goon/taking penalties and we use our speed to get odd man rushes and score on the PPs.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:14 AM
katatoniak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We don't nearly have the fighting skill and size to play the Bruins game. We always have the best success when they run around trying to goon/taking penalties and we use our speed to get odd man rushes and score on the PPs.
This!

Let's win this game the good way. The Eddie Shore way! (sp ?)

katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:31 AM
overlords
Hfboards

In the movie 'Maurice Richard', Irvin says at one point that he won't let the other teams' coaches decide who he can or can't play. This is the same idea. There's a reason our speed has owned boston for so long, it's because they can't adjust to it. When we start trying to beat them at their own game, that's when we'll stop winning.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
We don't need to have the fighting skills to match the whole team. If we bring up a Henry or a Bonneau who would drop em against Thornton at the beginning of the game, it would set the tone for the rest of the game and it would probably calm down the Bruins bench more then anything because once your enforcers do their job you can concentrate on hockey. It's the probably still the #1 reason why most of the teams still have atleast 1 enforcer.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:57 AM
FuriousBob

I hope one or 2 guys fight just to say to the Bruins that you can't hit our skilled guy (Moen, White, Mara, Sopel Maybe Pouliot could to this.)

But all in all, I juste hope the habs impose their play style to the Bruins, If we do, we have a very good shot at winning this one since I can see the kind of Lucic just trying to hit/injure/fight our players. If so, we'll get alot of PP.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousBob View Post
I hope one or 2 guys fight just to say to the Bruins that you can't hit our skilled guy (Moen, White, Mara, Sopel Maybe Pouliot could to this.)

But all in all, I juste hope the habs impose their play style to the Bruins, If we do, we have a very good shot at winning this one since I can see the kind of Lucic just trying to hit/injure/fight our players. If so, we'll get alot of PP.
no! cant risk an injury.

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:23 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
What a waste of call-ups that would be, even if we win.
Yeah, screw self-respect! Let's do it the Jesus way and turn the other cheek...

Old
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Maxpac

Quote:

Cause it happened soooo many times this season already, right? Our little finesse game got us so many hooking calls we're the 2nd highest penalised team in the whole league, Guess where Boston is ranked? That's right, dead ****ing LAST!

Last edited by Maxpac: 03-07-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Old
03-07-2011, 12:17 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Yeah, screw self-respect! Let's do it the Jesus way and turn the other cheek...
The best would be to score about 12 goals. Do that and it could just destroy Boston's momentum and confidence.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
The best would be to score about 12 goals. Do that and it could just destroy Boston's momentum and confidence.
Score 12 goals and they won't have anything to lose....

Old
03-07-2011, 12:24 PM
FuriousBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Cause it happened soooo many times this season already, right? Our little finesse game got us so many hooking calls we're the 2nd highest penalised team in the whole league, Guess where Boston is ranked? That's right, dead ****ing LAST!
You can't compare this game to the rest of the season, especially with the kind of game the last match up showed. I may be wrong but if I was JM that's what I would tell the players to yap yap yap but don't let the glvoes down. Those guys just hates us, they'll do stupid things if we take advantage of it.

FuriousBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
You can't compare this game to the rest of the season, especially with the kind of game the last match up showed. I may be wrong but if I was JM that's what I would tell the players to yap yap yap but don't let the glvoes down. Those guys just hates us, they'll do stupid things if we take advantage of it.
Again I'll ask, just like last time?

Why is it that I'm one of the very few who vomits at the idea of having a team who gets demolished physically and hopes the refs will back them em up to have a special teams win? Can't we be the agressor for once? Atleast have 1 player who has it in him to defend his teammates and spark the team...