HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Cammalleri + 1st round draft pick in June

Old
03-06-2011, 10:35 PM
barneyg
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipitar View Post
Well, I guess it depends how you look at things. Cammalleri would be your sole legitimate top-line scoring winger. Neal is not there yet. Might be one day (and probably will). Even though there is no discount in Cammy's cap hit, it is also right where it should be.
The problem for the Pens is Cammy's cap hit itself, not his cap hit relative to his skill set (and certainly not his skill set alone). Even if our management really really wanted to add an elite scoring winger, we couldn't do that without trading (in the same deal or another) one or more of our top 4 D, Malkin or Crosby. Even Cammy for Staal doesn't work because we'd then have 1.7M (plus whatever the cap increase is next year) to fill 5 forward spots for next year. Doesn't add up.

barneyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:50 AM
Habs Fan In Ottawa*

Michalek has 40 career games less than cammalleri and also 100 points less...and on top of that he played with Thornton, one of the best playmakers today, for a solid 3/5 years in San Jose...his time in Ottawa goes to show how brutal he is without a decent passer. Cammalleri put up amazing numbers in LA, including 46 goals when the kings placed 29th in the league, and also 80 points when he was playing with Iginla (nowhere close to Thornton's playmaking skills).

Forget the past, look at their past two seasons with their new teams. Cammalleri is faring a lot better than Michalek, so habs say no to Ottawa's useless offer which just gives a 3rd line centre for out first line winger..

ps: who is Brian Lee??

Habs Fan In Ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Bonesy99

I do not think the sens would want cammy that badly, they are rebuilding. Michalek is decent enough to satisfy the fans for the time being, why throw away Regin when he is a fairly talented prospect.

Now to all those who actually think cammy should be traded... I am not one of them. What about a deal around Malkin for Cammy and Plekanec.. If stuff needs to be added either way so be it just want to know what people think...

And someone mentioned that the pens cap issues would be horrid if they traded Staal for Cammy, but really it just shifts some salary to RW and the pens have letestu and Jeffry waiting to play and they are both cheap. But on the other aspect why would the habs want a center if they are not trading one.

Bonesy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:58 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukus View Post
I stated facts, you're stating your opinion. Even if your crystal ball is accurate, you forgot that Weber is not signed for next year and you'll need a 7th defenseman as well. Now factor in the fact that you only have 6 forwards signed for next year, and a need for a backup goalie, you better start counting your pennies because there won't be that much left after all said and done.

I argued that Michalek had similar offensive output than that of Cammalleri. I provided stats to make my point, you on the other hand, stated your opinion without listing one shred of evidence to support your claim. Instead you gave an excuse why his numbers are down this year... well guess what? That same argument can be used to explain why Michalek's numbers are down this year.

My offer reflected the fact that there was a slight edge to Cammalleri over Michalek but was more than offset by the addition of Regin and Smith (or Lee) and the upgrade from a 3rd to a 2nd pick. But now that I look at it, that was an overpayment... the offer has now been rescinded.
Really? So I pulled those numbers from my ass? That would be strange when you consider it is the precisely what our contracts could be if we overpaid. An astonishing feat, I assure you. Legitimately speaking, we would not pay remotely as steep a cost to reacquire the majority of our roster. Weber would scarcely qualify for a raise and if he does see one it will be marginal at best. Pacorietty is in a similar position and the jury is out on whether we resign Kostitsyn. Regardless, we can afford everyone on our present roster even with a mild pay increase.

No, what I listed was Cammalleri's statistics being superior. He has one less goal in eight less games. What are the odds he eclipses Michalek in that time span? He already has more points. The reason he is an ungrade is his proven success both in the regular season and especially the playoffs. Michalek has played with the likes of Marleau and Thornton but has become completely lackluster since his departure.

No Hab fan is demanding Ottawa's first. We are demanding reasonable value. That would be Jason Spezza, even if we have less need for a center. Sure the Habs may add slightly however any discussion involving Cammalleri, immediately involves Spezza. Regin is trash on the side of the road this season and Lee is bottom of the barrel with slight potential. The only thing of value is the pick, and even that is a gamble.

Frankly, this has become hilarious. Your offer has been rejected, your arguments decimated and yet you maintain this trivial rebuttal, claiming we know nothing of our cap situation or player statistics. Evidently, we know abundantly more than you seem to, despite the sagely wisdom you persist on imparting upon us.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:43 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
Really? So I pulled those numbers from my ass? That would be strange when you consider it is the precisely what our contracts could be if we overpaid. An astonishing feat, I assure you. Legitimately speaking, we would not pay remotely as steep a cost to reacquire the majority of our roster. Weber would scarcely qualify for a raise and if he does see one it will be marginal at best. Pacorietty is in a similar position and the jury is out on whether we resign Kostitsyn. Regardless, we can afford everyone on our present roster even with a mild pay increase.

No, what I listed was Cammalleri's statistics being superior. He has one less goal in eight less games. What are the odds he eclipses Michalek in that time span? He already has more points. The reason he is an ungrade is his proven success both in the regular season and especially the playoffs. Michalek has played with the likes of Marleau and Thornton but has become completely lackluster since his departure.

No Hab fan is demanding Ottawa's first. We are demanding reasonable value. That would be Jason Spezza, even if we have less need for a center. Sure the Habs may add slightly however any discussion involving Cammalleri, immediately involves Spezza. Regin is trash on the side of the road this season and Lee is bottom of the barrel with slight potential. The only thing of value is the pick, and even that is a gamble.

Frankly, this has become hilarious. Your offer has been rejected, your arguments decimated and yet you maintain this trivial rebuttal, claiming we know nothing of our cap situation or player statistics. Evidently, we know abundantly more than you seem to, despite the sagely wisdom you persist on imparting upon us.
i love cammy as much as anyone but he wont get you a proven ppg in-his-prime #1 C..

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:41 AM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YassAttack View Post
Michalek has 40 career games less than cammalleri and also 100 points less...and on top of that he played with Thornton, one of the best playmakers today, for a solid 3/5 years in San Jose...his time in Ottawa goes to show how brutal he is without a decent passer. Cammalleri put up amazing numbers in LA, including 46 goals when the kings placed 29th in the league, and also 80 points when he was playing with Iginla (nowhere close to Thornton's playmaking skills).

Forget the past, look at their past two seasons with their new teams. Cammalleri is faring a lot better than Michalek, so habs say no to Ottawa's useless offer which just gives a 3rd line centre for out first line winger..

ps: who is Brian Lee??
Michalek also plays with Spezza and still can't produce. Cammy plays within a stifling defensive system. Michalek plays on a team that has no defensive game plan at all. If Cammy played in that system with Spezza he would easily be a PPG player and would elevate Spezza to PPG status once again.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:37 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
i love cammy as much as anyone but he wont get you a proven ppg in-his-prime #1 C..
Both have the same age, making the "in-his-prime" argument obsolete.

Last time Spezza was a ppg was in 07-08, Cammalleri's last time was in 08-09, as well as playoff ppg in 2010 (which, IMO, counts a lot).

Spezza may be in his prime, but he had way more value 3-4 years ago. No reason for you guys to trade him, he'll just be your Heatley fiasco 2.0.

But one could easily argue he's more overpaid than Cammalleri, so there is no convincing way whatsoever to justify he's worth much more.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote