HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal - March 8th, 2011

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2011, 01:50 PM
  #76
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
Im on the fence on this issue. It's obvious that we dont like fighting because let's face it it's not our calling cards. but my question is that if fighting in hockey is so cool and important (all the years i played i probably got into 2 of them ) then why is it that this show was not more popular ?

Because people like when it's spontaneous. And you want YOUR fighter to beat the other one. In UFC for example, except GSP you don,t want anyone to destroy the other in particular. In hockey you have your team, your players.

Plekanec, Pouliot and probably a lot of other Canadiens players want an enforcer in the team. I guess it's more important than you think

Aurel Joliat is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 01:52 PM
  #77
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm with you.

Bruins are the perfect exemple. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Guess what, the Bruins fights a lot and they also win hockey game. Wake up MTL fans.
And they are before us in the standings To be in 1st place, I think they win hockey games sometimes too

A 1st place hockey team is a complete hockey team, agree with you !

Aurel Joliat is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
  #78
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Fights are an important part of hockey ! Go watch chess or ping pong...

Why Canadiens fans are so affraid of fighting in hockey ??!!
I absolutely love fighting. My favourite Hab growing up was Lyle Odelein. Guys like Mario Roberge and Todd Ewen were high on my list too.

But what's the point of picking fights you know you're going to lose? From the Habs' perspective, there's absolutely nothing to gain from a series of fights with the Bruins.

Their players are bigger, stronger and better at fighting. Most of the players on the Canadiens would get a beating from the tougher players on the B's.

The Bruins team thrives when they play physically. That's when guys like Horton, Lucic and Chara are at their best. The Habs don't gain anything from this kind of play, because that's just not what they're cut out for.

The choice between playing to your team's strengths and playing into the other team's strengths is a no-brainer. The Habs should do what they do well and avoid giving the Bruins the opportunity to do what they do well.

LyleOdelein is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
  #79
saints96
Registered User
 
saints96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,934
vCash: 500
If fighting is so important to the game nowadays. why is there hardly any fighting at all in the playoffs. Remember now, i said fighting, not physical play.

saints96 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 01:56 PM
  #80
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm with you.

Bruins are the perfect exemple. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Guess what, the Bruins fights a lot and they also win hockey game. Wake up MTL fans.
The very same bruins whom you say are the perfect model have lost to us more often than not and have hardly kept above an injury plagued habs team. I'm all for fighting in hockey as a product of high pressure/tension, but looking forward to fights as the main component of a game or filling out fight cards a day before is borderline cro magnon mentality.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 01:57 PM
  #81
Gary320
Moderator
 
Gary320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 13,512
vCash: 500
Fighting is not important as it use to be. The game is so fast and changes at every second, so momentum changes from one second to the other.

I don't mind fighting, but I HATE HATE HATE HATE stage fights, like face off fights are just awful.

And before anyone thinks tomorrow will be Royal Rumble II. I really think you're in for disappointment, there will be a few physical plays on the side, but I expect refs to be really strict.

Gary320 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:00 PM
  #82
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The very same bruins whom you say are the perfect model have lost to us more often than not and have hardly kept above an injury plagued habs team. I'm all for fighting in hockey as a product of high pressure/tension, but looking forward to fights as the main component of a game or filling out fight cards a day before is borderline cro magnon mentality.
When a team hurt you so bad the last time you met, and don't want to take your revenge, just try to forget like if nothing happened, it's a LOOSER mentality.

Aurel Joliat is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
  #83
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
The very same bruins whom you say are the perfect model have lost to us more often than not and have hardly kept above an injury plagued habs team. I'm all for fighting in hockey as a product of high pressure/tension, but looking forward to fights as the main component of a game or filling out fight cards a day before is borderline cro magnon mentality.
Stop saying that we beat them everytime. Guess what, we have their numbers that's it. Not because we have a better team than them, but because we have their numbers just like the Devils or the Flyers have our number.

The bruins are a perfect team. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Us we have, "skills" and a defensive system. Yť?

Hannibal is online now  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:05 PM
  #84
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Because people like when it's spontaneous. And you want YOUR fighter to beat the other one. In UFC for example, except GSP you don,t want anyone to destroy the other in particular. In hockey you have your team, your players.

Plekanec, Pouliot and probably a lot of other Canadiens players want an enforcer in the team. I guess it's more important than you think
So i guess we can kind of agree here staged fighting such as the video i posted or when two heavy weights set up in the face off circle is stupid and wrong. Like you said so yourself: people like when it's spontaneous. So we should remove these fourth liner goons from the game and have a product on the ice that is fast, physical and with some spontaneous fights.

Dont get me wrong i had a hard time sleeping after the last game when we got beat up badly. but the score was still 8-6 if i remember correctly...Just saying the bruins are not that far ahead of that we cant even hope to beat them.

shamrun is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:06 PM
  #85
The Right Price
Registered User
 
The Right Price's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,082
vCash: 500
I want us to get outshot badly!!

The Right Price is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
  #86
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 8,441
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
I hope we destroy these muppets. I'm so sick of Boston and their BS. Show them who their daddy is tonight boys.
Dang right, except show them tomorrow night. Tonight won't count in the standings.

googlymoogly is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:08 PM
  #87
Aurel Joliat
Registered User
 
Aurel Joliat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
So i guess we can kind of agree here staged fighting such as the video i posted or when two heavy weights set up in the face off circle is stupid and wrong. Like you said so yourself: people like when it's spontaneous. So we should remove these fourth liner goons from the game and have a product on the ice that is fast, physical and with some spontaneous fights.

Dont get me wrong i had a hard time sleeping after the last game when we got beat up badly. but the score was still 8-6...Just saying i dont see that much of a gap between us and the bruins.
I love stage fights too but a lot more because a fight between 2 HW is spectacular than because there is a big importance in the game.

For example, tomorrow, Moen drop the gloves against McQuaid at the beginning of the game, It's a stage fights but there is a story behind

Aurel Joliat is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:09 PM
  #88
mtl_felix
Registered User
 
mtl_felix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Lavaltrie, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,066
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
When a team hurt you so bad the last time you met, and don't want to take your revenge, just try to forget like if nothing happened, it's a LOOSER mentality.
One day, I get my face smashed by Hulk Hogan. Next time we meet, I try to kick his ass and end up in hospital again. What gives?

Habs will take their revenge by playing THEIR style and winning the game, thats how you pay-back. All this "Goon-it up" talk is ridiculous.

mtl_felix is online now  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
  #89
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Stop saying that we beat them everytime. Guess what, we have their numbers that's it. Not because we have a better team than them, but because we have their numbers just like the Devils or the Flyers have our number.

The bruins are a perfect team. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Us we have, "skills" and a defensive system. Yť?
So the bruins are perfect and only lose to us by chance? Alright.

overlords is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:14 PM
  #90
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
So the bruins are perfect and only lose to us by chance? Alright.
You think that the Bruins aren't a perfect team? Comon, i guess you think that we have a better team than them.

And don't come to me saying that we win against the Bruins 'cause we have a better team, 'cause i'm a gonna LMAO.

Hannibal is online now  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:16 PM
  #91
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Stop saying that we beat them everytime. Guess what, we have their numbers that's it. Not because we have a better team than them, but because we have their numbers just like the Devils or the Flyers have our number.

The bruins are a perfect team. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Us we have, "skills" and a defensive system. Yť?
So when we beat a team it's because we have their number? I think it's because we are better than them in that game.

The Bruins are far from perfect. If they didn't have Thomas with his ridiculous numbers at the beginning of the season they would be even with us.

They are big and tough but they also are easily intimidated mentally. They are undisciplined when challenged and that's how the Habs can beat them.

Make them pay for their transgressions not by physically replying but by capitalizing on the PP when they're in the box. We lost sight of that the last time and paid for it. The way to beat them is to score more than them not to fight a lost battle in the fights department. We don't compete with them there.

RushDP is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:17 PM
  #92
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm with you.

Bruins are the perfect exemple. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.

Guess what, the Bruins fights a lot and they also win hockey game. Wake up MTL fans.
Wake up huh?

Yes, the Bruins fight a lot and win hockey games...the Habs rarely fight and have 2 fewer wins this year than the 'mighty' Bruins

Give me a break!

The Bruins have their identity good for them, their identity is esthetically pleasing to the eye for the typical hockey fan...the Habs also have their identity and it's quite the opposite, it's not esthetically pleasing to the eye for the typical hockey fan...

But BOTH teams are at their best when they stick to their identity...and more often than not, the Habs have come out on top when they've been matched up head to head.

I don't personally care about being entertained by the Habs...all i want them is to win.

417 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:18 PM
  #93
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,295
vCash: 500
Why did we lose on February 9th? No, it wasn't because we were ''physically'' intimated. It's because our defense played a horrible game and it's because we allowed 8 goals. Period.

We won 8 of the last 10 against those guys because of speed, defense and goaltending.

Let them take dumb penalties. We will just make them pay where it really counts.

HH is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:19 PM
  #94
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
When a team hurt you so bad the last time you met, and don't want to take your revenge, just try to forget like if nothing happened, it's a LOOSER mentality.
Not at all. If the Habs win this game they extract their revenge end of story. The Bruins could beat up all our players but if we end up with the 2 points mission accomplished.

Our team is not built for the rough stuff, sure we would love it if they were but they just aren't. They still have beaten the rough and tough Bruins like 8 of the last 10 times they have played them, leave the moral victories to the Bruins.

11Goat11 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  #95
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
You think that the Bruins aren't a perfect team? Comon, i guess you think that we have a better team than them.

And don't come to me saying that we win against the Bruins 'cause we have a better team, 'cause i'm a gonna LMAO.
Do you really think that it's always 'the better team' that wins? If that's what you think, then why are you even bothering tuning into the Habs or the regular season for that matter?

Why don't you wait for the Canucks/Wings vs Bruins/Flyers matchup that's 'inevitable' since they're 'the best teams'?

417 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
  #96
HH
GO HABS GO!
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,295
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Wake up huh?

Yes, the Bruins fight a lot and win hockey games...the Habs rarely fight and have 2 fewer wins this year than the 'mighty' Bruins

Give me a break!

The Bruins have their identity good for them, their identity is esthetically pleasing to the eye for the typical hockey fan...the Habs also have their identity and it's quite the opposite, it's not esthetically pleasing to the eye for the typical hockey fan...

But BOTH teams are at their best when they stick to their identity...and more often than not, the Habs have come out on top when they've been matched up head to head.

I don't personally care about being entertained by the Habs...all i want them is to win.
And they haven't been missing their top 2 D all year. Where would they be without Chara and whoever their no2 is...I bet you it's not 2nd.

HH is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
  #97
11Goat11
Inside her
 
11Goat11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,777
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
You think that the Bruins aren't a perfect team? Comon, i guess you think that we have a better team than them.

And don't come to me saying that we win against the Bruins 'cause we have a better team, 'cause i'm a gonna LMAO.
Perfect team? The same perfect team that blew a 3 game series lead in last years playoffs. Sure they have changed rosters a bit but their core remains very much in tact.

And we might not have a better team overall, even though the seasons not over yet, but we know how to beat Tim Thomas unlike the rest of the league and that counts for something.

11Goat11 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
  #98
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Why did we lose on February 9th? No, it wasn't because we were ''physically'' intimated. It's because our defense played a horrible game and it's because we allowed 8 goals. Period.

We won 8 of the last 10 against those guys because of speed, defense and goaltending.

Let them take dumb penalties. We will just make them pay where it really counts.
Exactly...that game was a total anomaly. Do you guys really think the Habs and Bruins are gonna amass another 14 goals between them, nearly 200 PIM's on the night as well?

I find it hilarious how everything that happened PRIOR to February 9th between the Habs and Bruins gets completely ignored and/or forgotten.

Its all about ONE night in February where BOTH teams played completely out of character and the refs did an AWFUL job of containing the situation.

Yeah, that's totally bound to happen again

417 is offline  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:24 PM
  #99
TroyM
Registered User
 
TroyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
I can't believe the Habs are closer to 1st place in the Eastern Conference than they are to 9th place and missing the playoffs considering no Markov, long injuries to Cammy/Gorges, Gomez lackluster play, etc.

Just amazing what a great goalie and a great defensive system can accomplish. Loving this team, can't wait for this game. Bruins are going down.

TroyM is online now  
Old
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
  #100
RushDP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
When a team hurt you so bad the last time you met, and don't want to take your revenge, just try to forget like if nothing happened, it's a LOOSER mentality.
How is it a Loser mentality when you get your revenge by beating them and taking a 4 point game from them? If you can't win the physical fight why start it instead of "getting even" where it really hurts them?

The reason they are in this situation IS because they lost sight of the goal which is to WIN the game. Besides, the Bruins pounded two guys that turtled showing zero class and respect. Not sure where the praise comes from when two of ours could have destroyed their players in Thomas and Krejci and chose not to.

RushDP is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.