HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do you like to sit?

Old
03-07-2011, 01:26 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Where do you like to sit?

What's up everyone, Kings fan of nearly 25 years here. A friend of mine introduced me to these boards recently so here I am. You might have seen me around other boards but this is my first post here.

I've been to many games at Staples Center and have sat almost everywhere in the arena (generally speaking). My problem is that I have yet to find my favorite place to sit. Obviously, the most expensive tickets are usually the best but I've found that sitting down low, unless you are right up against the glass, can be annoying for someone who really watches the game closely. I can bring my girlfriend to a game and she'll be stoked to sit anywhere down low just because you get to experience power, speed, and big hits when the action is near you. The problem is I'm tired of sitting below the glass line, or directly parallel to the glass, tired of standing up to see things, ect.

I guess my question is this: Where are your favorite seats in Staples Center? We all know center ice is usually the best option but does anyone have the specs on which rows are clear of the glass? Which rows are directly on the glass (I know in some places the ticket doesn't say "row 1")?

Any input would help. Thanks!

Go Kings Go!

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:30 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Usually around the top of the lower bowl. I don't like being in the nosebleed seats because I feel like I am just watching it on T.V. and sitting at the glass doesn't really give me the full experience.

Welcome to HFBoards.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:34 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

I'm in college and poor so I can only afford upper bowl when I go. Only time I sit in the lower bowl is preseason games because I get tickets online that are cheap.

Last edited by DAkings20: 03-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.
DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:41 AM
Alternate Jersey

not sure if you've seen it--and if you have, then forgive me--but the staples center website has a thing where you can see the view from a couple of different places in each section.

as for me...being a college kid dictates that i sit in the 300s, and get my tickets from stubhub. other than that, i just hope for a ridiculous deal on lower bowl tickets from viagogo, which sometimes advertises ridiculously cheap tickets in those sections in facebook ads and the like.

edit: OT, but i see you're a drummer. what kind of set do you have? i've got a dusty run-of-the-mill Pearl back home.

Alternate Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:48 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

I only can afford my couch. So couch with a pillow for me. Which really isnt what you asked but I wanted to be apart of the thread.
Let the Stars fall and the Kings align <-- how do you spell that? that looks wrong

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:01 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
i sit in 310 its right behind the goalie and top row row which is awesome because no one is in front of me and I can stand and sit on my seat if I want. And is a cheap seat. But I love sitting in 105 top row or any corner is good. I personal hate center ice tho

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:09 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

I'm curious, why not at center ice?

I don't mind doing the corners sometimes but i hate it when play is at the other end of the rink.

Old
03-07-2011, 02:11 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

I think if you really want to see the most of a game, watching it on TV is the best.

But there is nothing like a big win celebration at Staples Center.

Old
03-07-2011, 02:15 AM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alternate Jersey View Post
not sure if you've seen it--and if you have, then forgive me--but the staples center website has a thing where you can see the view from a couple of different places in each section.

as for me...being a college kid dictates that i sit in the 300s, and get my tickets from stubhub. other than that, i just hope for a ridiculous deal on lower bowl tickets from viagogo, which sometimes advertises ridiculously cheap tickets in those sections in facebook ads and the like.

edit: OT, but i see you're a drummer. what kind of set do you have? i've got a dusty run-of-the-mill Pearl back home.
Yeah I've seen it, but I wish they could get a little more specific to the seat. Plus a photo can't really get it right. Maybe one day they will enhance that feature a little more. It's almost there but still too rough for me.

I play Pearl also. A Birch Masters Series. I also play pork pie, DW hardwear. Love my drums

Old
03-07-2011, 03:05 AM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I'm curious, why not at center ice?

I don't mind doing the corners sometimes but i hate it when play is at the other end of the rink.
way to much moving my neck. plus I love watching the play come to me and seeing it set up.

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:13 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

I'm pretty comfortable in the 300s actually.

I like being in the lower bowl for the experience, but for viewing the game, I like the bird's eye view.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Whiskeypete

when i was still in town and attending regularly it was section 208, row 1. i like the ends because you see the flow of the game better. your watching it from a N-S perspective, rather than the usual 'TV' view from the sides. i wish they devoted more TV coverage from this angle.

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:55 AM
glovesave42

I like sitting in the lower bowl behind the nets. This is where the boards cut off the least amount of the action. I'm also a goalie, so I'm used to seeing things from that angle. Gives me the best chance to watch the goalies as well.

glovesave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

I got pretty used to the cheap PR tickets that were available on stubhub. Sitting in PR 3 for $40 bucks was such a steal.

Also don't mind sitting up high, really see the plays develop.

I sat on the glass for Game 6 of the playoffs last year and it was a cool experience, but I wouldn't want to do it every game. The view on the opposite side of the ice was really limited.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:38 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

208 and 214 are my faves. As others have said, you can see the plays develop. The seats are also raked steeper than most at Staples, so tall people can sit in them and their knees don't hit the seat in front.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:06 AM
BringTheReign

I love sitting in the lower bowl on either end of the rink so I can watch the lanes and watch plays develop. Also, and I've only sat here once, but the lowest row on the 2nd level is a great place to watch if you really like to see everything. I too am usually in the nose-bleeds, but Staples nose-bleeds are a hell of a lot better than Honda Center's so I'll never complain.

BringTheReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:45 AM
SLang

Mid level lower bowl, preferably 117. I like to be in the end where the Kings shoot twice, and 117 puts me pretty much right on the goal line.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 10:51 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

I prefer the top few rows on the 200 level (due in large to them being the cheapest lower bowl seat on stubhub), but also because you can see 80% of the playing surface over the glass.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I think if you really want to see the most of a game, watching it on TV is the best.
agree with this - I watch most games on tv, so when I go to Staples I miss hearing Bob and Jim. I know I can listen on the radio, but I am usually with a larger group, and hauling out the walkman can get old.

As for where I like to sit, I really don't have a preference. Different locations have their own pros and cons.

I've sat in the top row at the Forum and the top row at Staples, and Staples is easily much better - you're more on top of the action.

Butch 19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

... In the lower rows of the Collonade.

Oh, wait - that was at the Forum.

At Staples, I usually prefer high-to-mid lower bowl in one of the corners, preferably near where the Kings attack in the 1st and 3rd.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:10 PM
Skebo

Send a message via Yahoo to Skebo
My first preference would be about 15 rows back in the lower bowl. You're above the glass and still close enough to "feel" the game. Cost is an issue though.

A very close second and much cheaper choice is the very first row of the upper bowl. There is just something cool about that totally unobstructed and elevated view. It's kind of like watching your television, but your actually at the game.

Skebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:21 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
my old seats were in 217, and i prefer those areas around the arena.

and i completely, wholeheartedly disagree with television being the best way to watch a game... so much happens away from the puck and by that, the camera.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

If you can get'em sit in the PR sections in the corners where the Kings shoot twice. These are by far my favorites: PR 17, PR18, PR3. All good!

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If you can get'em sit in the PR sections in the corners where the Kings shoot twice. These are by far my favorites: PR 17, PR18, PR3. All good!
Yup. Those are my favorite sections. Sometimes they would be as cheap as $20 on stubhub for weekday games.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 03:16 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Yup. Those are my favorite sections. Sometimes they would be as cheap as $20 on stubhub for weekday games.
As low as $40 a seat for tonight's game vs Dallas. That's about 60% off face value I think.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote