HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal - March 8th, 2011

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2011, 02:34 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushDP View Post
How is it a Loser mentality when you get your revenge by beating them and taking a 4 point game from them? If you can't win the physical fight why start it instead of "getting even" where it really hurts them?

The reason they are in this situation IS because they lost sight of the goal which is to WIN the game. Besides, the Bruins pounded two guys that turtled showing zero class and respect. Not sure where the praise comes from when two of ours could have destroyed their players in Thomas and Krejci and chose not to.
Like I said...the game between Habs and Bruins on February 9th was totally out of character for both teams.

You'll rarely see Julien/Martin coached teams play THAT bad defensively, or be that undisciplined...you'll also rarely see Tim Thomas and Carey Price give up as many goals, or see Roman Hamrlik, Tom Pyatt or Jaroslav Spacek drop the gloves, etc, etc, etc

I could list a lot of different things that was out of character for both teams...tomorrow, expect to see what we usually get from both teams and that's tight checking hockey.

If the Habs want to try to 'get some revenge' with the Bruins, then they're gonna get smoked, doesn't matter if they recall Henry, Bonneau, Conboy etc...it's just not their type of game.

Just like if the Bruins want to try to run around and take undisciplined penalties against the Habs, then they're also going to lose.

Old
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Beaker
In My Lab Goggles

I agree with Aurel Joliat, I definitely wouldn't sit back tomorrow, knowing my team was bullied in the last minutes of their last encounter. Does it mean you go out and play stupid hockey? No, but you bring the pain when the opportunity presents itself. If I'm Moen, if I'm White, if I'm anyone who brings physicality to the game and can go 5 minutes off the ice without harming the team... I've got my head up, playing my game, but looking for the right time to get retribution.

I'm sure Pyatt and Spacek haven't forgotten how that game finished Thankfully Pouliot handled himself well.

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze*: 03-07-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old
03-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

If we don't give into the Bruins bullying, I really think we can beat them in a seven game series. Watched Detroit beat Boston 6-2 a couple of weeks ago. The Bruins tried to goad them into playing their game but Detroit was uninterested. Just play the speed/transition game and we won't have too much of a problem.

Old
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
JackZap

can we sign colton orr next yr? he really did make Lucic his *****

Old
saints96

no one has answered my question yet. To the posters who feel fighting is SO important nowadays in hockey why isnt there hardly any fighting at all in the playoffs??

Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

It's okay guys, if you like a soft mentality and watching your best players getting push around and repling by "Don't care, we're gonna score on PP." , well that's fine.

That's just not the way i want it. I would like us to have guys like Thornton, Mcquaid, Neil, Prust, Crombeen, etc.. That could prevend what happened last game against them.

Every one has their opinion i guess...

Old
03-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

I wonder if the Big Show can skate, I think he's contract with the WWE is over next year.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackZap View Post
can we sign colton orr next yr? he really did make Lucic his *****
odds are he will be used in the top lines score a few goals and then forget his role. If we want to bring in some tough guys we need like a trio of them on the fourth line and we need to keep them there so that they know what they need to do.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:04 PM
scottyG

Next year Montreal should do whatever they can to sign Mike Rupp.

Pacman-Pleks-Cammy
Gionta-Gomez-Pouliot
Moen-Eller-AK
Rupp-DD/Big Center-White

Our top 6 has average size but we get a much bigger bottom 6. A guy like Rupp can match up against the Thorthon's/Lucic's of the league while still putting up 20-25 points

Old
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM
SB164

Can't wait till tomorrow. It's gonna be a hell of a day for sports.

First, Arsenal vs Barcelona (2:30pm on TSN2)

Then of course, the anticipated rematch between Nos Glorieux and the Bruins.

Go Habs and Go Arsenal!

Old
03-07-2011, 03:12 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
It's okay guys, if you like a soft mentality and watching your best players getting push around and repling by "Don't care, we're gonna score on PP." , well that's fine.

That's just not the way i want it. I would like us to have guys like Thornton, Mcquaid, Neil, Prust, Crombeen, etc.. That could prevend what happened last game against them.

1 or 2 of those guys would suffice....tomorrow night, if things get chippy, White and Mara will take care of things....

Old
03-07-2011, 03:14 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrun View Post
odds are he will be used in the top lines score a few goals and then forget his role. If we want to bring in some tough guys we need like a trio of them on the fourth line and we need to keep them there so that they know what they need to do.
from the few games ive seen him play he was alright, not sure what leaf fans think of him but i do agree u need to surround him with some other big bodies

Old
03-07-2011, 03:17 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post

Nobody in this thread has, afaik, said that they dont want this team to get tougher. One of the players I was most excited to learn we were targetting was crombeen. The facts are that if we want to win, getting in over our heads with fighting the bruins probably isn't the way to go.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Can somebody put the Nesen BruinsVSHabs promo Ckac is talking about?

can t find.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I have the feeling there won't be one fight.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:35 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
i am sure one Hab gonna get Campbell

Old
03-07-2011, 03:38 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
i am sure one Hab gonna get Campbell
Everywhere suspensions.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I would find it hard to beleive there wnot be at least ONE fight or something

just BECAUSE campbell is there, or just BECAUSE the refs might rly crackdown on any funny stuff or kick anyone out for instigating

but i mean, theres Bad Blood in the AIR, it was there even BEFORE the 8-6 game, and its sure as hell there after, these guys dont forget, the animosity will be there no matter WHAT

i HOPE there isnt 4-5 fights and all this crazy stuff

but i THINK there will be at LEAST 1 fight

Old
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
DJ Breadman

Boston will try the same thing again, why wouldn't they? It worked, seems like when they try and skate with us they lose everytime. I doubt it'll get as bad as last game but they'll depend on the score, I just hope no one on our team gets hurt for the playoffs.

Old
03-07-2011, 03:51 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

if the bruins play as physical as last game and just force our players to fight even though they didnt drop gloves reffs wont be able to control the game again and it will be dirty i really hope the nhl keeps close eye on this one and gets decent reffs

Old
03-07-2011, 03:52 PM
shamrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
Boston will try the same thing again, why wouldn't they? It worked, seems like when they try and skate with us they lose everytime. I doubt it'll get as bad as last game but they'll depend on the score, I just hope no one on our team gets hurt for the playoffs.

They could of lost their goalie had price wailed on Thomas during their fights. Do you think they want to have the same scenario happen again?

Old
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
costathing

Bruins will not come on our ice and do their goon stuff like they were at home they will play hockey and i hope the habs will understand that and play huge hockey ....and a ++++ if lucic get nailed

Old
03-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Joe Malone

Anyone know who the refs are for tomorrow night's game?

Old
03-07-2011, 03:58 PM
un_lavalois*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
Anyone know who the refs are for tomorrow night's game?
Bill Mcreary's last game in Montreal. Claude Julien said the Canadiens loved to stir the pot and then pretend nothing happened lol what a muppet

Old
03-07-2011, 03:59 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
The Bruins are a lot tougher than us, but I hope we will protect ourselves. Right now, we look like a little coward team without any toughness. We need to face them tomorrow !

This is my fight card :
White vs Campbell
Moen vs McQuaid
Mara vs Boychuk
Subban vs Horton

Give me a break with : We will hurt them with our power play... It's such a looser mentality. And show them we don't need to have the referees on our side to beat them !
I think them first 3 fights would be good ones,But if you put Subban in with horton you better have an ambulance on standby for Subban.He way to weak and not a good fighter to try Nathan.Anyhow,not trying to spark anything just telling the truth.Look what Nathan did to Peckham,he still out from getting knocked by Hortons right and he way tougher then Subban.

Closed Thread