HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Where do you like to sit?

Old
03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Pucknut50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
I think if you really want to see the most of a game, watching it on TV is the best.

But there is nothing like a big win celebration at Staples Center.
You can't be more wrong. Seeing a Hockey game live is 100X better than TV if you have decent seats. TV is such a small window that you miss so many aspects of the game that the list is to long to mention. Baseball, Basketball, and Football to me are better on TV. Though I love taking the family to day Baseball games, being outdoors and you have time to talk without missing any of the action. My Kids are not allowed to bring their phone or any Handheld games and after the initial whining they really enjoy themselves.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
s3machine*

My favorite seating at Staples in terms of best vew would probably be the middle of upper portion of the 100s.. The low 200s and PRs are great too..

As for seating in terms of having the most fun.. I miss sittig in the 300s as a starving college kid... Games are a lot of fun up there.. lot of ruckus.. yelling.. cussing.. cheering.. screaming.. ahh.. good times.

s3machine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 05:52 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I like sitting at the 200s just above the goalie.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:59 PM
KingsFanInRI
Never EVER forget

for me nothing beats up high, in a corner or behind the net. Even my wife, who was vociferously skeptical, enjoyed watching the Kings at TD Garden last November from the back wall at the Kings end of the ice.

KingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
21Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
My Kids are not allowed to bring their phone or any Handheld games and after the initial whining they really enjoy themselves.
Kudos for raising your children properly.

21Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:05 PM
onlyalad

I like the PRs as well. They are some of the cheaper seats in the lower bowl on stubhub. Just bought 2 for the last game of the year for 45.00 a piece. I don't go to a lot of games each year so getting the best seats at the cheapest price with in seat food service is the way to go.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Tonellisghost
CHILL WINSTON!

Too easy

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:01 PM
The Butcher
A True American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucknut50 View Post
You can't be more wrong. Seeing a Hockey game live is 100X better than TV if you have decent seats. TV is such a small window that you miss so many aspects of the game that the list is to long to mention. Baseball, Basketball, and Football to me are better on TV. Though I love taking the family to day Baseball games, being outdoors and you have time to talk without missing any of the action. My Kids are not allowed to bring their phone or any Handheld games and after the initial whining they really enjoy themselves.
You know, I was thinking about this. After I read your reply I was starting to agree for a minute but while I was at the Stars/Kings game my notion was reaffirmed.

There are CERTAIN things you can see better live but a broadcast can get you so much more information, different angles, places, faces and expressions on the bench, replays, etc.

There were a couple of key plays that I missed because I was watching things behind the play for one reason or another. Although the jumbotron is state of the art and looks fantastic, I have decided that they do not play enough replays, Maybe I'm in the minority here but it would suit me just fine if they eliminated all the nonsense during the time-outs and stoppages. All the dumb contests, Baily antics, kiss cam, ect. could easily be replaced by some good music and more replays of the game we paid to see. There are tons of hits, saves, penalties ect. that go on during the game that would be interesting to watch instead of all the little kid stuff.

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
PR, Row 1

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:40 PM
funky

sat is 113 row 8 at the last Colorado game. Loved the seats. L.A at one point was outshooting Colorado 40 to 12 and we had 2 periods of the Kings owning Colorado in front of us.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2011, 12:15 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
If you can get'em sit in the PR sections in the corners where the Kings shoot twice. These are by far my favorites: PR 17, PR18, PR3. All good!
THIS ^ is the Best answer I've seen given ...

another option I like ... but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdon't tell anyone, I don't want this getting out ... get the Hadicap Seating in the 200's ... great sight lines, LOTS OF LEG and ELBOW ROOM for us taller, big guys ... in fact they might just be my FAVORITE seats in Staples period. I know ... I'm taking away a seat from a hadicap guy ... I'm evil ... blah blah blah ... a lot of the time unless the game really is a completely sold out standing room only type of game, I often see the seats un-used, so if that's the worst thing I do in life, I think god will forgive me.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote