HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unhappy Jagr Weighs Options

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 12:13 PM
The Benchwarmer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Imagine Pittsburgh goes out and signs Niedermayer, Jagar, Kovy and Straka. Add Sid and the Russian kid to the mix, plus what they already have and actually go out and win the cup this year. What a kick in the ass that would be after listing to all their crying and whining for the last several months on this board.
We dont want "glass boy" Straka back, and certainly not cry-baby Jagoo. You're more than welcome to him. As for whining well I think the vast majority of pens fans have been quite excited about the future for the last couple of years, we've got a bunch of awesome prospects which have just gotten better with the arrival of Sid.

I'm guessing you've just had those "needy attention seeking" Penguin fans (there's not many of them ) visit your board and whine. They've probably also done the same thing to every other board too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the future, you still dont know who you'll pick up next week. Besides looks at the Pens during 03/04, once they finally learnt to play as a team they had the best last 1/4 of any team and would have come top of the league if they'd played like that all year, and thats from a team full of basically AHL players. Your team has just gotta learn to play as one, I think big names are far over-rated, personally if I was the Rangers GM, I'd keep Jagr but as soon as he shows signs of throwing his toys; trade his sorry ass.

Best of luck guys, remember it could be worse, you could all be CRYER fans.

Old
07-27-2005, 02:30 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
I love how some people assume he's gonna be a 'diva' and a locker room cancer just because he's indecisive about returning to a bottomfeeder team in New York.
Like it or not, it's not an unfounded assumption. He has displayed these traits in the past, and his quotes suggest he may very well do so in the future. Most of the players in the league are just excited to be back, and this guy's crying about his paycheck (which will remain one of the highest in the league). Yeah. I'd say people have a right to worry about his attitude.

Quote:
I dont seem to remember too many people complaining when he was putting up a point per game and consistently being one of the few Rangers to bust their butts every night, even though the team was out of it.
What you should remember is plenty if people saying "Who cares? The team is dead, anyway. Why did we trade for this guy? Why aren't we rebuilding instead of acquiring yet another 30+ superstar whose best days are behind him?"

Quote:
Am I the only one who actually thinks he may bring a positive leadership presence to this young team?
Off hand I'd say yes, you are. Even those who actually want Jagr back seem to want him for his talent. No one but you has suggested he's a leader in any sense of that word. (Nor should they, IMO. If Jagr is a leader, it will a completely newfound trait because it's certainly not been his reputation throughout the rest of his career.)

Old
07-27-2005, 04:10 PM
DARKSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingmanrob
We dont want "glass boy" Straka back, and certainly not cry-baby Jagoo. You're more than welcome to him. As for whining well I think the vast majority of pens fans have been quite excited about the future for the last couple of years, we've got a bunch of awesome prospects which have just gotten better with the arrival of Sid.

I'm guessing you've just had those "needy attention seeking" Penguin fans (there's not many of them ) visit your board and whine. They've probably also done the same thing to every other board too.

I wouldn't worry too much about the future, you still dont know who you'll pick up next week. Besides looks at the Pens during 03/04, once they finally learnt to play as a team they had the best last 1/4 of any team and would have come top of the league if they'd played like that all year, and thats from a team full of basically AHL players. Your team has just gotta learn to play as one, I think big names are far over-rated, personally if I was the Rangers GM, I'd keep Jagr but as soon as he shows signs of throwing his toys; trade his sorry ass.

Best of luck guys, remember it could be worse, you could all be CRYER fans.

Just make the dam playoffs already. Enough lottery picks for you guys!!

Closed Thread