HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal - March 8th, 2011

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
can we suit up GSP for this one?

Whos reffing tomorrow? I heard Colin Campbell will be in attendance to watch his son, better be two experienced refs who wont be intimidated by his presence.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:07 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Not really. Skills, size, Depth and Toughness. I call that a pretty good hockey team.
I was reffering to the tanks vs. water pistols analogy. If we got water pistols, the Bruins have smoke bombs !

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-07-2011 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Quoted deleted post
Old
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Stradale

vCash: 500
I hope Carey keeps his focus for the whole game and win this one for us.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Alicat
City of Champions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post

Whos reffing tomorrow? I heard Colin Campbell will be in attendance to watch his son, better be two experienced refs who wont be intimidated by his presence.
If a ref or linesman is afraid of a man who is going to watch his son play hockey, they don't deserve to be in the position. They are there to monitor what's on the ice not who or what is in the stands.

I see how it's easy to make cracks about him and his position but for one night can't people just let it be and let a father watch his son play the game they both love?

I am Boston Strong

Old
03-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
200+ pages for a Pre-game thread, the day before a game. Not bad...

MIG, I hope you're busy working on another one of your epic GDT's right now.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Lucic approoved Julien's word.

Said that he expected a very physical game tommorow.

Bruins coming in town with their tanks and we'll try to defend this town with water pistols!
And Lucic also said:

Quote:
"C'est toujours plaisant de jouer au Centre Bell. Les partisans du Canadien nous haissent tellement !" -Milan Lucic #LeMatch
http://twitter.com/LeMATCH_TVA/statu...57782365057024 "It's always nice to play at the Bell Centre. Habs fans hate us so much!"
Quote:
"Le dernier match, on menait 2-0 dans le match. Ce sont les Canadiens qui ont commencé à jouer les durs." -Milan Lucic #LeMatch
http://twitter.com/LeMATCH_TVA/status/44958028054802432 "We were leading 2-0 last game. Habs have started to play hard"

Last edited by Fel 96: 03-07-2011 at 10:37 PM.
Old
03-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Delat

I just hope we can play our game, and if the Bruins want to bring their tough game, I hope they'll try on people who can acutally fight. And anyway I doubt they'll want to play this game, they need the 2 points to try for the first place and we need it too.

I just hope nobody cheapshots anyone, we're already kinda short on good offensive defenseman and losing Subban would hurt.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:31 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post

Heard Ron Say Bill McCrury (Spelling?).

Id like Chris Lee. I hate him so ****ing much, but his penalty calls for nothing could calm down the rythm. (Just kidding)

IMO, If what Ron says with McCrury is true, Thats good. I wouden't mind Dave Jackson as the other ref.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Heard Ron Say Bill McCrury (Spelling?).

Id like Chris Lee. I hate him so ****ing much, but his penalty calls for nothing could calm down the rythm. (Just kidding)

IMO, If what Ron says with McCrury is true, Thats good. I wouden't mind Dave Jackson as the other ref.
I miss good old Mick McGeough, he was a good and entertaining. He would have been perfect for this game.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Habs started being tough guys? Really? Pouliot picked krejci out of the scrum to fight? Price went across the rink to get at thomas? Pyatt/spacek wanted to go with their respective bruins? Alrighty then.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Habs started being tough guys? Really? Pouliot picked krejci out of the scrum to fight? Price went across the rink to get at thomas? Pyatt/spacek wanted to go with their respective bruins? Alrighty then.
That's what Lucic said. You know, he can say whatever he wants.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM
CountrytotheCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Wanna show some proof of this? I just listened to his interview on the Bruins website and I didn't hear anything of the sort. If yah can show me an interview or something I will gladly admit wrong doing.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
haburger*

Quote:
Not really. Skills, size, Depth and Toughness. I call that a pretty good hockey team.
skill,size,depth an toughness.an the one of the biggest choke jobs in nhl playoff history.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrytotheCore View Post
Wanna show some proof of this? I just listened to his interview on the Bruins website and I didn't hear anything of the sort. If yah can show me an interview or something I will gladly admit wrong doing.
He said it during an interview in on of our local shows called Le Match I think.

Old
haburger*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
lucy is pretty tuff .until laraques asks him to fight.

Old
Canadian_Brewtality

the game will be tight, fast & defensive.

Again, the game in Boston was an one time affair. It wasnt pretty, but once again, we still beat them 3 times. And for all that beating we got, we lost by 2 goals & Price was awful.

Every year its the same story with some fans about the bruins. Take your pre-conceived notions and sit on them. With rivalries, such as this one, the tougher, skilled, taller, smaller, or whatever advantages dont play into the final score. Its who plays harder, & who wants it more, plain and simple. Just like we were suppose to sweep them a few years ago and it went 7 games, or all those years the bruins were suppose to cream us, and we won.

If the Habs play well, score on the PP & Price plays well, we are tough to beat, especially at home.
The obsession with winning fights is laughable. We will not win one & thats really not the point. Let the bruins talk.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
I watched it as well. Fel96 is right.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
CountrytotheCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by haburger View Post
skill,size,depth an toughness.an the one of the biggest choke jobs in nhl playoff history.
From that "Choke" roster only 6 forwards (includes Paille who doesn't play much), 3 defense man who were present for the 3 straight loses. This starting roster really does have a lot of turnover from that team. Not that it makes much of a difference in your eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
I watched it as well. Fel96 is right.
If you guys don't mind can I get a full translation to that interview. My FireDepartment recently disabled all the extra features we had on our computers.

Thanks ahead guys!

Last edited by PyrettaBlaze: 03-07-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old
03-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

Over on the bruins boards, trying to ***** who Subban is gonna fight, and then giving up, saying he wouldnt dare fight guys like Horton.

No point in even tackling that one. If you cant understand when a guy like Subban shouldnt fight in such an important game, then you have to start with the principles of the game, and i dont have a week to explain icing & offsides to bruins fans.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
From that "Choke" roster only 6 forwards (includes Paille who doesn't play much), 3 defense man who were present for the 3 straight loses. This starting roster really does have a lot of turnover from that team. Not that it makes much of a difference in your eyes.
Well I could see Montreal having fun with their fore-check putting tons of pressure on Boston's D, in the past. But with Kaberle now a Bruin, it's going to be a lot tougher forcing turnovers in the offensive zone. Kaberle is one of the better defensemen in the league at cycling the puck out of his own zone.

Old
03-07-2011, 11:00 PM
CountrytotheCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
Over on the bruins boards, trying to ***** who Subban is gonna fight, and then giving up, saying he wouldnt dare fight guys like Horton.

No point in even tackling that one. If you cant understand when a guy like Subban shouldnt fight in such an important game, then you have to start with the principles of the game, and i dont have a week to explain icing & offsides to bruins fans.
Most of us are saying if Subban would fight its because of the angst between him and Horton recently. While us B's fans want him to fight we know he means more to his team on the ice similar to Chara.

Old
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Quote:
If you guys don't mind can I get a full translation to that interview. My FireDepartment recently disabled all the extra features we had on our computers.

Thanks ahead guys!
Fel96 already translated the interesting parts.

He also praised Price.

---

It was my first time watching Le Match. Laraque is so bitter towards the Canadiens organization it's not even funny! Basically, all they do is wrong.

Old
03-07-2011, 11:02 PM
CountrytotheCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Well I could see Montreal having fun with their fore-check putting tons of pressure on Boston's D, in the past. But with Kaberle now a Bruin, it's going to be a lot tougher forcing turnovers in the offensive zone. Kaberle is one of the better defensemen in the league at cycling the puck out of his own zone.
Our D is hurting right now minus Ference and Kampfer when we have those two it allows all three pairings to have a PMD of sorts and a D-Dman. Right now its Chara- Boychuk, Kaberle-Seidenberg, and Bartkowski-McQuaid. Expect to see Bartkowski around 9 minutes.

Old
03-07-2011, 11:09 PM
Fel 96
JFC

Quote:

Thanks ahead guys!
There you go.

Old
03-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post

They're just saying he's more likely to fight Marchand than Horton, since it would be a more fair fight. I tend to agree. Horton is a tough customer that can fight.

However, with the way things boiled down between Horton and Subban last game, I wouldn't be surprised if Subban dropped them against Horton anyway and tried to take the big guy down.

Closed Thread