HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Notices

{Welcome to DiveFest 2011} Game #66: at Los Angeles, 3/07 (9:30 PM, FSSW+, 1310 AM)

Old
03-08-2011, 12:48 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars99Lobo37 View Post
Totally is.

Go back to the Anaheim game thread and look through the end pages again. The sky was completely falling. Completely.
Maybe for others, but i never thought Nieuwy was a bad GM because we were lossing. Like I said, he has made some sneaky deals that got us star players.

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

vCash: 1495
I'm not singling anyone out. Sorry if ya took it that way. I'm way guilty of overreacting to things (especially losses like we had in Anaheim). And just a small comment of how winning changes everything .

Can't wait for Wednesday night. Need a big night against a team that's given us fits all year.

Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs - 1997 to 2011 - WPHL Champions 1998, 1999, 2000 - CHL Champions 2011
Stars99Lobo37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:52 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Ahhhhh.....how winning changes everyone perception.
The jury is still out on him, IMO, though the pluses are definitely in his favor right now.

Pluses- Acquiring Burish, Lehtonen, and Goose, re-signing Eriksson for cheap, and letting Modano and Turco walk.

Minuses- Bloated contracts to Ott and Daley, in spite of our financial situation.

Remains to be seen- Richards' situation, re-signing Benn and Goose, and how GMJN's draft picks pan out.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:52 AM
MB94
@MBFarina94

oh...lol it's all good. and i don't think anyone liked the loss to the Ducks.

Well this was so worth staying up for, but bad news is that i have to wake up in 4 more hours for school.......ill be sleep walking all day.
Night all, and GO STARS!!!!!

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:54 AM
ginblossoms

Send a message via ICQ to ginblossoms
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
not because we are winning. The Gogo deal was a huge one that brought us back to our winning ways and the Langs deal wasen't that bad either. He's been getting on the score sheet ever since he's got there. I'd love to re-sign him, not sure about everyone elses opinion.
He's made the right moves, not to mention he also fetched us Kari for cheap.
And he's made brave moves with the exodus of hometown favorites Modano and Turco, the latter tied with the trade for the oft-injured Lehtonen. The Burish acquisition is underrated too, imo.

All with a tight budget. Not bad overall. (Crossing fingers for Campbell)

ginblossoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Dirty Kari

Ott is well worth his contract. $2.95 is about right for a player as important to the team as he is. I don't know about Daley's contract. He has played like a $3.3 guy this year but it remains to be seen whether this is just a contract year performance or a sign of things to come. If its the latter its a good deal.

Dirty Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:57 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
I'm not singling anyone out. Sorry if ya took it that way. I'm way guilty of overreacting to things (especially losses like we had in Anaheim). And just a small comment of how winning changes everything .

Can't wait for Wednesday night. Need a big night against a team that's given us fits all year.
I agree, and a 'comeback kids' effort probably won't be acceptable. I vividly recall how the 2005-06 season ended, after we were coming back from 1-0, 2-0 and 3-0 deficits (heck, even a 4-0 deficit in the home opener against the Queens), and somehow that never translated in the playoffs as the Avs torched us.

Score early and win big like the 4-1 win against Detroit. It's about time we did.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:00 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Difference is most of these comeback wins have come in either regulation or overtime. Most of those came with the 12 shootout victories that year.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 50
We have beaten Detroit, San Jose, and LA on the road in the last 6 games. There are no other teams that I would rather beat.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:01 AM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Kari View Post
Ott is well worth his contract. $2.95 is about right for a player as important to the team as he is.
I have to disagree. He's paid about $0.75-1 million/year in excess. He doesn't even have the scoring abilities of a Bolland or Malhotra.

Quote:
I don't know about Daley. He has played like a $3.3 guy this year but it remains to be seen whether this is just a contract year performance or a sign of things to come. If its the latter its a good deal.
I think JN jumped the gun on him. If he were still un-signed, I bet he gets paid less due to Goose's presence. Daley's contract is also going to boost Goose's asking money when he turns RFA.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:02 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
The negative first..

-Kari looks shaky. His rebounds are getting bad, his angles are off, and his glove side high is getting worse than ever. His tracking seems a bit off as well. He needs a night off or two. Raycroft DEFINITELY needs to start vs Philly down the line, our only EC opponent for the season. But I also hope they start him this week, maybe versus Minnesota or Calgary.

-Robidas needs Grossman back so they can reduce his minutes. He's blowing tires left and right out there, and we're really lucky because I counted 3 times tonight he lost his balanced and as such lost a puck retrival battle he should have easily won to the Kings' forecheck.

-Ott needs to realize he's our Manny Malhotra now, and he can't afford getting kicked out from games. He's our faceoff guy, he needs to realize his importance.

-Would like to see Skrats as the #4 D, not Woyboy.

Positives:

-Burish continues to impress. I don't think anyone ever expected him to have as much skill as he's displayed with us this year. He may break 10G this season which is great for a role player.

-Vincour played another great game. He'll break out soon, we need to give him time. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't give up on him.

-Fistric did a good job in the limited ice team he received. He's been having trouble clearing the zone lately, hopefully he can improve on that.

-Benn.. nough said.

-Ribs looks determined and motivated. Hoping he can still get his 20 of the year like he wants.

-Langs had a good a game. This coming from someone who is not a fan of him at all.
Positive: Yours truly decided not to show up at Staples Center tonight. This after witnessing Game #1 at Staples earlier this season, and two of the recent epic 3rd period fails. (Should they meet in the playoffs, I assure you, I'll resort to the sports bar.)

Old
03-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Stars99Lobo37
Away Games - 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblossoms View Post
This after witnessing Game #1 at Staples earlier this season, and two of the recent epic 3rd period fails.
Good God. That must have been depressing.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:09 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Our D still frightens me. Reviewing the Goals against.

#1 - Robidas streaks across the crease to block a shot from the point, all he does is screen the goalie and possibly deflect it.

#2 - Williams beats BOTH Daley and Wowitka to the rebound. One guy splits 2 of our "top 4" D men with the shot, then neither have the balls to take him out of the play. Grossman or Fistric would have clocked him before letting him through.

#3 - Not the D's fault really. Williams doesn't get the puck deep for the change, and they spring a pass. Lehtonen was a bit off his angle and could have challenged more, but it was a nice shot.

Good thing we have awesome doods like Benn and Morrow to make up for our weaknesses. Grossman/Richards please get well soon!

Edit: Also LOL at Stu Barnes reaction after Benn's shortie. Not often you see the coaches break their demeanor.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:16 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Good God. That must have been depressing.
Momentarily. It's "just" hockey after all. Two of the times I brought along some hockey newbies, so it was good for them to see their home team win in such exciting fashion. One was actually falling asleep when Dallas had a big lead well into the 3rd. She woke up quickly.

Last edited by ginblossoms: 03-08-2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old
03-08-2011, 01:30 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnholyPrince View Post
Our D still frightens me. Reviewing the Goals against.

#1 - Robidas streaks across the crease to block a shot from the point, all he does is screen the goalie and possibly deflect it.
Don't have a problem with this if it's part of the system, which I honestly am ignorant of. S*** happens.

Quote:
#2 - Williams beats BOTH Daley and Wowitka to the rebound. One guy splits 2 of our "top 4" D men with the shot, then neither have the balls to take him out of the play. Grossman or Fistric would have clocked him before letting him through.
Agreed. Williams had, what, 4 shots in that sequence? As I recall, Woywitka could've bodied Williams after the original shot, Daley shouldn't have assumed Lehtonen would clear it appropriately, and Lehtonen obviously could've played that much better. Credit to Williams for not giving up, though. That kid can play.

Quote:
#3 - Not the D's fault really. Williams doesn't get the puck deep for the change, and they spring a pass. Lehtonen was a bit off his angle and could have challenged more, but it was a nice shot.
Yeah. You let a guy like Clifford have that shot from a bad angle.

I must reiterate the Woywitka concerns, particularly on the powerplay. He is absolutely useless. Skrastins or Fistric would be just as effective. No offensive hockey sense, and his reaction time is just too slow for NHL game speed. When he finally decides to pass or shoot, the opponent has a stick check ready.

Come back Brad! Or, for purely selfish keeper fantasy hockey reasons, bring up Larsen's bomb of a right-hand shot just for the PP.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:33 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Stuck with the LA broadcast tonight. Ughs.
Could've been much worse. Bob Miller and Jim Fox are two of the best. Still can't beat Ralph and Razor, though.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFanInCanada View Post
Nieuwy is turning out to be a very good GM, getting Gogo was the best player we got from a trade since getting Richards and Ribs!
Kari Lehtonen?

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:39 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampbellBetterBeGOD View Post
Feels good to get the win, especially after hearing those "Dallas Sucks" chants toward the end of the 3rd.

They just sound so lame when fans do that.
I personally don't find offense. Fans being passionate. In college, we chanted much more, shall I say, salacious things regarding the visiting team. (Once, the opposing goalie's mother was sitting a few rows back. )

As long as things don't get out of hand... That's what Dodgers games are for.

Old
03-08-2011, 01:45 AM
KingsVision
HFB Partner

VIDEO: 03/07/11 - Post Game Interviews

Benn of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

Morrow of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

Coach Crawford of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

Williams of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

Kopitar of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Click HERE to watch!

KingsVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 03:02 AM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsVision View Post
Benn of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Morrow of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Coach Crawford of the Stars spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Williams of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Kopitar of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.

Coach Murray of the Kings spoke with the media following the game on 03/07/11.
Thanks for sharing, but all this is just a reminder of how boring hockey players are in general. Boring questions don't help either.

We need more Ticket Shtick with athlete interviews...

Scoops Callahan aka "1920s reporter guy"

Corby "The Snake" Davidson

BAD radio knights (They couldn't get in the Nashville locker room to ask anything... Blame Trotz)

FYI, 1310AM The Ticket is the original (and best) all sports station in Dallas. Long live Gordo!

Last edited by ginblossoms: 03-08-2011 at 03:14 AM. Reason: clarifications
Old
03-08-2011, 03:03 AM
Captain Awesome

Quote:
I personally don't find offense. Fans being passionate. In college, we chanted much more, shall I say, salacious things regarding the visiting team. (Once, the opposing goalie's mother was sitting a few rows back. )

As long as things don't get out of hand... That's what Dodgers games are for.
I went to a DU NCAA game against Wisconsin. Somehow one of the guys got a hold of the goalie's sister/mother/girlfriend's name and let's just say poor Nancy would have been quite upset at some of the things said about her alleged activities.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Could've been much worse. Bob Miller and Jim Fox are two of the best. Still can't beat Ralph and Razor, though.
I grew up in LA and had to listen to Fox way more than i needed to. Bob Miller on the other hand has a silky radio voice. Fox just gets on my last nerve.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:40 PM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sony Eriksson View Post
I grew up in LA and had to listen to Fox way more than i needed to. Bob Miller on the other hand has a silky radio voice. Fox just gets on my last nerve.
Heh. My experience with Fox is totally opposite. Transplant to LA who initially couldn't handle Fox's voice inflections and overused phrases but who eventually grew to like the dude.

Fox has a sense of humor (as opposed to Hayward in Anaheim), good chemistry with Miller, and most importantly good hockey insights.

FYI, last broadcast, Fox gave a cool shout-out to Ralph when talking about the tight playoff race this year.

Old
03-08-2011, 05:42 PM
ginblossoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
I went to a DU NCAA game against Wisconsin. Somehow one of the guys got a hold of the goalie's sister/mother/girlfriend's name and let's just say poor Nancy would have been quite upset at some of the things said about her alleged activities.
Yup, opposing goalies definitely bore the brunt of our verbal "encouragement."