HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boston @ Montreal - March 8th, 2011

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2011, 07:30 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrytotheCore View Post
JLP your really going to be that guy who takes the minority who are hoping to see the fight as our entire board?

Hell 90% of the board realizes we are getting a normal B's Hab's game tomorrow
That 90% don't want fights suggestion of yours is funny because the majority of the posts on your board are actually about fighting. Do you read your board? It's okay if you don't since you seem to be a hockey fan, which may explain why you are here and not there. Anyway, hoping for a great game tomorrow!

Old
03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountrytotheCore View Post
JLP your really going to be that guy who takes the minority who are hoping to see the fight as our entire board?

Hell 90% of the board realizes we are getting a normal B's Hab's game tomorrow with nothing special. If anything the majority of the older posters expect "maybe" one go around with Horton vs Subban because of the unfinished business last time.
There is no unfinished business, Subban is more valuable to us on the ice, we don't need him to fight and risk and injury or have in the box for 5+ minutes.

It's funny that a couple of years ago you guys would say the same about Lucic and I agreed, he didn't want to fight Laraque because Milan was much more important to his team than Laraque which is true but now when it's the Habs it's because we are scared and turtle. That's the Bruins mentality, Maybe Krejci should come back for more since it's unfinished Business for him as well no?

Old
03-08-2011, 07:49 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Skate, score, let them take penalties. Julien deserved a fine for putting out the goons with under five minutes left last game, and I have no doubt whatsoever that Boston getting away with the garbage it did last time they played the habs was a direct contributor to the nonsense that ensued between the Islanders and Pens a couple of days later.

My guess is Boston doesn't goon it up at all, but if they do, it'll be interesting to see if the refs and/or league respond. Is the "new" NHL really a thing of the past? Does the league want to see more teams like the Islanders and more concussions to players like Crosby? This game is a situation where Boston could get itself into trouble they don't need. The smart thing for both teams to do is simply try and win the game.
To be honest, Julien didn't intentionally put our "goons" out there, if you recall, niether team really had much of a choice. There was like 2 and a half players on each bench. If you are talking about Adam McQuaid, Im going to have to disagree, he's far from a "goon". Did he go after patches with seconds left? Absolutley. Do I agree with it? No. But in a postgame interview Adam was asked about the roughing penalty on Paccioretty. If you watch the video both McQuaid and Patches go down right before the penalty. McQuaid said he felt as if Patches slewfooted him and "there is no place for that in hockey" but he also says he has to play a smarter game and its not something you'll see from him again. Hes not a goon, he made poor decisions and apologized for them. He was defending himself on what he thought was a dirty play.

And as said, he was on the ice because we didn't have many options left on the bench, not because Julien rolled out our dirtiest players or whatever it is you think McQuaid qualifies as....

As for the second part, I bet we don't either. Weve been more...calm? I guess you could call it....since the additions of Peverly and Kelly. This is a different team now, and typically rematches are pretty boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't get why they kept him, I believe you have a 9 game trial at the start of the year without it counting as a NHL season, if he wasn't ready or they didn't have top minutes for him he was better off in the juniors even if he is to dominate, I'm sure he would have learned more down there than in the press box. Would have also helped Team Canada. Whatever it's their problem
He did very good for us then. He was excellent on our trip to Prague. He started goign downhill after Jordan Caron was sent to Providence in December. I feel as if it was a little "rookie rivalry" (friendly of course) that kept him going. Since he's been very bipolar in play. Julien is not helping him. Sometimes hes sees 15 minutes a night, the next he has 6. If he scores, he sits the next game. If he plays bad, he sits the next game. They switch he line every time he plays and have given him zero powerplay time, which is supposed to be his "thing".

Whatever. He's young. Pretty sure he'd rather be in teh Bruins pressbox than on his juniors team. He still gets to say he's in the NHL, he's still getting practice at the NHL level and he's making a pretty penny to sit in a suit for a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
The Bruins are a lot tougher than us, but I hope we will protect ourselves. Right now, we look like a little coward team without any toughness. We need to face them tomorrow !

This is my fight card :
White vs Campbell
Moen vs McQuaid
Mara vs Boychuk
Subban vs Horton

Give me a break with : We will hurt them with our power play... It's such a looser mentality. And show them we don't need to have the referees on our side to beat them !
Niether of these two will happen. We are down two defenseman, so our current DMen will not fight unless it is absolutley 100% warranted by your team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
has nothing to do with being afraid. I think montreal ''fans'' care more about winning hockey games than fighting. Only boston fans care more about fighting than playing hockey,. you can always go cheer for them
Not all of us, Sant. I could care less about the fighting. I think the last game would have been more entertaining if it was 8-6 in pure skills, and goals rather than that many useless battles. Or a battle of the goaltenders...lots of shots but only a 1-0 or 2-1 game? I personally think that would be vastly more entertaining. And Im not saying hits. I love physical play. I love bone shattering CLEAN open ice hits, also entertaining, but 15 fighting majors a game does nothing for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
I'm with you.

Bruins are the perfect exemple. Skills, Depth, Size and Toughness.
Guess what, the Bruins fights a lot and they also win hockey game. Wake up MTL fans.
Why, thank you.

Anyway-- Heres to a good, hard faught, clean game, based on skill, and PLEASE no injuries. Both rosters are plagued enough.

I had the oppurtunity to meet a few of the Habs players in Boston (Paccioretty, Gill, Price, Hamrlik, Subban and a few other) Very nice for the most part.

Love the way Paccioretty and Hamrlik play their game. Definitley two players on my list of players I enjoy watching. Cammy, too.

Old
03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
Capitano

I have a good feeling about tonight...we'll win this one with a complete effort.

Old
03-08-2011, 07:57 AM
merano

I hate the way the media is showing us no respect!

What we lack in size we make up in heart, speed and skill!

These are the corner stones of all our Cup winning teams!

As an org we made a decision (based on NHL stance on fighting coming out of the lock-out)

Bruins cannot hit what they cannot catch!

I want to shut up Cherry, Milbury, Stock!

I want a win!

Old
03-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Patccmoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf54 View Post
Niether of these two will happen. We are down two defenseman, so our current DMen will not fight unless it is absolutley 100% warranted by your team.
Ya, like the Habs who were down 2 defensemen last game (have been for all season really) and Spacek and Hamrlik had to fight Campbell and Thornton. I'm sure they were looking for these fights... Since then Spacek is ALSO out.

I know you're not one of the big fight fans that enjoy seeing this mess, but I just got so disgusted after the end of last game. And listening to all the radio hosts and callers in the days after being like 'oh, so what if the Bruins broke some rule of fighting by bashing on guys after they went down, the team needed it'. And going on and on about how apparently a shove from Pacioretty on Chara was totally warranting fighters jumping on non-fighters with 2 minutes left in a game that's already won. Apparently someone doing a cocky grin is a good excuse to bash his face. It's not in any other sport or any other situation in life, it gets you in jail, but apparently in hockey no problem, how DARED he smile that way.

I don't wish to see any fighting tonight, because I don't think it's how the Habs should play to win (and I don't enjoy watching it much personally, I'm actually a combat sports fan and watch a lot of boxing and MMA but I have no interest in seeing any of it on an ice rink). I'm also all for an hard fought HOCKEY game and honestly don't wish for vengeance in other ways than a humilating defeat for the Bs (don't really expect it either though, should be a close game either way).

But the amount of Bs fans I heard talking about how the end of last game was really not that bad and finding excuses for it is sickening. It was a total disgrace to the sport and the fact that there was no consequences from the league and Daddy Campbell on his son is just flat-out retarded.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:08 AM
saints96

Quote:
Not all of us, Sant. I could care less about the fighting. I think the last game would have been more entertaining if it was 8-6 in pure skills, and goals rather than that many useless battles. Or a battle of the goaltenders...lots of shots but only a 1-0 or 2-1 game? I personally think that would be vastly more entertaining. And Im not saying hits. I love physical play. I love bone shattering CLEAN open ice hits, also entertaining, but 15 fighting majors a game does nothing for me.
For sure not 100% of the fanbase care more about fighting than actually playing hockey Lea, i know you dont, you understand the game and i dont wanna generalize. But some of my best buddies are Bruins fans and when i went to TD Garden most of what you hear from Bruin's fans is, ''hit him, kill him'' and more along those lines. More concerned on inflicting pain than scoring goals. thats the impression i got.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Uber Coca

I've had enough of that Bruins fan mentality of backing up everything you do. For a team that pretends to be tough, you should be able to get hit without reacting nuts and go around looking for a fight. For that instance, I look at a guy like Gorges being more tough than most Bruins. The player can actually get hit and give some without crying over and looking for trouble - which is a team thing btw, I mean a lot of Bruins players would not act like that if they were playing for the Habs for example.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by merano View Post
I hate the way the media is showing us no respect!

What we lack in size we make up in heart, speed and skill!

These are the corner stones of all our Cup winning teams!

As an org we made a decision (based on NHL stance on fighting coming out of the lock-out)

Bruins cannot hit what they cannot catch!

I want to shut up Cherry, Milbury, Stock!

I want a win!
Simple solution, one I live by; STOP WATCHING/LISTENING TO THEM!

With the exception of RDS, in which even they get into it sometimes, no other media will show the Habs respect. Cherry, Milbury and Stock are all Bruins alumni. TSN cast seems to always be influenced by whatever comes out of Pierre "I'm the next GM" McGuire. It's been like this for years now, and will not change.

Habs will continue to play their game, which is speed and skill. They use their speed to draw penalties and create chances, they use skill to finish those chances and win hockey games.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:21 AM
merano

From Al Pacino Speech "Any given Sunday"

"...Now I can't make you do it.
You gotta look at the guy next to you.
Look into his eyes.
Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you.
You are going to see a guy
who will sacrifice himself for this team
because he knows when it comes down to it,
you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen
and either we heal now, as a team,
or we will die as individuals.
That's HOCKEY guys.
That's all it is.
Now, whattaya gonna do?"

Cue ROCKY song (After you explain it to AK46)

Old
03-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

To Bruin fans

Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling.

And to Hab fans, the same goes for you if you visit the Bruins forum, we ain't gonna tolerate much today!!

Old
03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
To Bruin fans

Trolling: Do not post topics with the sole purpose of starting a dispute. Note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling; keep it civil, even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums please note that they are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against or demean their team, or cheer for their opponent. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it respectfully disagree and move on. Wishing illness or injury on someone will almost always be regarded as trolling or offensive. We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling.

And to Hab fans, the same goes for you if you visit the Bruins forum, we ain't gonna tolerate much today!!

If that is aimed at me, then my apologies. I was under the impression that I was on decent terms with everyone on your board, as last game I had some pretty good conversations over here, mostly on relevant hockey topics, and said nothing to warrant and infractions or anything. So I came back today. Nothing I posted was intended on stirring up any kind of argument, but rather a sincere conversation between the two ends of a great rivalary. That is all. But I will keep your post in mind. My apologies again If you felt I was out of line. No harm in intended.

Quote:
For sure not 100% of the fanbase care more about fighting than actually playing hockey Lea, i know you dont, you understand the game and i dont wanna generalize. But some of my best buddies are Bruins fans and when i went to TD Garden most of what you hear from Bruin's fans is, ''hit him, kill him'' and more along those lines. More concerned on inflicting pain than scoring goals. thats the impression i got.
Ahhh....so he remembers me.

Miss chatting with you, Sant! Hope all is well.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:31 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
If that is aimed at me, then my apologies. I was under the impression that I was on decent terms with everyone on your board, as last game I had some pretty good conversations over here, mostly on relevant hockey topics, and said nothing to warrant and infractions or anything. So I came back today. Nothing I posted was intended on stirring up any kind of argument, but rather a sincere conversation between the two ends of a great rivalary. That is all. But I will keep your post in mind. My apologies again If you felt I was out of line. No harm in intended.
Actually, I saw the same message posted in the Bruins GDT. I think it's more of a message for any Bruins fans coming in here and for any Habs fans taking part in the Bruins GDT. Seems like whenever our two teams meet, be it season or playoffs, it always brings out the brotherly hate in us all.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:33 AM
BreakAwayBergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonelyminds View Post
Hating a team whether it's the Bruins or the Habs doesn't matter at all. Problem is; we do not understand hate as we should.

Just put yourself into the beginning of a Bruins vs Canadiens game, for example. You get excited in such a unique way, having shared so much with your team.

All those passionate moments it brings whatever the final score is.
The way it puts your thoughts and worries aside for 60 minutes and let you enjoy something rare nowadays; the present moment. The two being the main reason why you get so attached. And without noticing, it slowly became a part of yourself, as much as influencing your mood through wins and loses.

We're not experiencing it the same way as we are undoubtly different but it seems like all the roots lead to the same source after all.

And that's why you got to love hating the Bruins, it's just not the same when you've established a rivalry.The satisfaction after a win is overwhelming so is the disappointment after a loss.
Just wanted to throw out a quick to this post.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
saints96

Quote:
Ahhh....so he remembers me.

Miss chatting with you, Sant! Hope all is well.
of course i do! and ya all is well on my end especially that we are gonna expose Thomas again tonigth hehehe. Hope all is well with you

Old
03-08-2011, 08:34 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Actually, I saw the same message posted in the Bruins GDT. I think it's more of a message for any Bruins fans coming in here and for any Habs fans taking part in the Bruins GDT. Seems like whenever our two teams meet, be it season or playoffs, it always brings out the brotherly hate in us all.
When I posted it, I couldnt find my original post, and then saw your Mods post, so I figured my post got deleted and then that statment was posted.

I have since located my post.

I feel better about being on decent terms with your mods anyway, because I do enjoy the conversation and debates I get into with Habs fans that know their hockey. I figured If I stated my case with your Mods, they would know I really do come on your boards for healthy hockey debates and conversation and not to start a feud.

Quote:
of course i do! and ya all is well on my end especially that we are gonna expose Thomas again tonigth hehehe. Hope all is well with you
We'll see about that!

I figured you would. Who forgets the girl that introduces you to Chara, Recchi, Thomas and Ryder?

Haha, enjoy the game!

Old
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
No worries. It is just a general notice with no specific target. Habs fans should take note of it too before venturing to the Bruins board - or before reporting completely harmless posts from Bruins fans here.

It should be emphasised that a post from a Bruins fan here is NOT automatically trolling. Bruins fans should be welcome to post here as LoneWolf54 has consistently done, in the spirit of sportsmanship. It's useful to have some information from the Other Side. Habs fans should also stay aware of:

Site Rule #25 Abuse of Report Bad Post: multiple reports per thread, duplicate or frivolous reports will be deemed abuse and subject to warning. Every report is addressed. Please do not report something more than once.

We don't really need a dogpile of reports on every Bruins fan post that appears in the Habs forum. Some warrant reports, some don't, and Habs 4 Life's post should help serve as a reminder to Habs fans about the limits of what we should report as well.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Crimson Skorpion

Awards:
Quote:
When I posted it, I couldnt find my original post, and then saw your Mods post, so I figured my post got deleted and then that statment was posted.

I have since located my post.

I feel better about being on decent terms with your mods anyway, because I do enjoy the conversation and debates I get into with Habs fans that know their hockey. I figured If I stated my case with your Mods, they would know I really do come on your boards for healthy hockey debates and conversation and not to start a feud.
Check my activity in the Bruins GDT and you'll see that I'm completely with you on that.

We can hate each other's teams all we want, but we're all civilised human beings around here, there's no reason we can't chat on a message board.

I've had no problems with any of the Bruins fans, both coming to this GDT and the ones over on your own board. Thank you to you and the rest of the Bruins fans that have contributed so much to both GDT and making this game that much more exciting. I haven't anticipated a season match-up between the two like this in a very long time.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Madevilz

11 pages as of 9:35 AM.

Feels like a playoffs game, cant wait

Old
03-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Not aimed at you at all, you're welcomed on the Habs board LW

Old
03-08-2011, 08:41 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Check my activity in the Bruins GDT and you'll see that I'm completely with you on that.

We can hate each other's teams all we want, but we're all civilised human beings around here, there's no reason we can't chat on a message board.

I've had no problems with any of the Bruins fans, both coming to this GDT and the ones over on your own board. Thank you to you and the rest of the Bruins fans that have contributed so much to both GDT and making this game that much more exciting. I haven't anticipated a season match-up between the two like this in a very long time.
As to you as well!

Im always available on HF for any kind of questions you may need answered or any information I may have that you don't. As Im sure this board would do the same for me.

I said it last time as well, I am a hockey fan before i am a bruins fan, and I know I can always engage in intelligent hockey debates here, among a few other boards.

Love the hype. Habs vs Bruins adrenaline is the very best kind of adrenaline.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:44 AM
saints96

Quote:

We'll see about that!

I figured you would. Who forgets the girl that introduces you to Chara, Recchi, Thomas and Ryder?

Haha, enjoy the game!
Ill never forget that, that was awesome. Ive been wanting to meet Recchi since he played for us a whiles back. And Thomas is such a down to earth guy. And ill never forget Ryder's face when we asked for a picture and autograph, he was so happy, it looked like he hadnt been asked for one in a while lol. Btw was your username inspired by Alan's(''The hangover'') rooftop speech?

Last edited by saints96: 03-08-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old
03-08-2011, 08:48 AM
odishabs

i hope it becomes a goalie duel in that case i bet on price

Old
03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
i hope it becomes a goalie duel in that case i bet on price
Well last game was definitely a bad one for the goalies, usually Thomas isn't that great against us, so let's hope we can keep making him look bad

Old
03-08-2011, 08:50 AM
LoneWolf54
Relocated.

Quote:
Ill never forget that, that was awesome. Ive been wanting to meet Recchi since he played for us a whiles back. And Thomas is such a down to earth guy. And ill never forget Ryder's face when we asked for a picture and autograph, he was so happy, it looked like he hadnt been asked for one in a while lol. Btw was your username inspired by Alan's(''The hangover'') rooftop speach?
No, lol, but I wish it was. Such a good movie moment.

My favorite player on the Bruins is Adam McQuaid. Has been for quite some time now. (I know, these boards are pretty upset with him, but he remains my favorite). Anyway there is a Chuck Norris movie called "Lone Wolf McQuade" So when Adam was making the transition from Juniors to the AHL, the teams called him "LoneWolf" and it stuck.

He;s my favorite, so I chose LoneWolf as a user name.

Since then though, I made a tshirt that said "Darth Quaider" and Andrew Ference introduced the nickname to the locker room. He is now commonly referred to as "Darth Quaider" rather than LoneWolf, but Sullys tshirt brand did contact me and ask me if they could use the idea!

Im all over their website now and I got to meet Ference and McQuaid and talk to them personally about the whole creation of the nickname! It was very cool!

Glad you enjoyed meeting them. Chara was pretty quiet that night, but the other three were more than happy to do pictures and such with you! Im glad you enjoyed!

Closed Thread