HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim Kennedy (re-entry) - [Cleared]

Old
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Tra La La

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Where's Ghost Dog to tell us that this is a defining moment in the Pegula era?
Well if they have more class then, the way he was treated previously. But I doubt there is any more class in the offices, then there was 6 months ago.

The chance is there to fix a horrendous injustice.

Last edited by Tra La La: 03-07-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Tra La La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
That was the claim about a week ago.
And still is. Pegula can put up now. His big talk hasn't earned him anything from me.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Rangers should claim him just to be wise, and waive Gilroy and and call up Valentenko

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 06:51 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
If the Sensa claimed him, he wouldnt be able to play. They simply own his RFA rights for the offseason.
Bah...that's not gonna work then.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 08:11 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
They talked about it on the deadline show, if another team claims him, he can't play in the NHL (and now the AHL) for the rest of the season. He can only play for the Panthers this season.
Quote:
If the Sensa claimed him, he wouldnt be able to play. They simply own his RFA rights for the offseason.
Where in the CBA does it state this? I was under the impression that any player acquired after the "trade deadline" is not eligible to play in the playoffs but could play in the remaining regular season games. I stand to be corrected, I just can't find anything in the CBA to confirm.

If what you are saying is true, why are waivers still in effect?

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Quote:
Problem with that story is that it wasn't half an hour after the arbitration confirmation/deal that the waiver and buyout happened....
How is that a hole in the story? You would have had to hear about it 30 minutes later for it to be true? And even if it's hyperbole whats the big deal? The news came out the next day.

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavaresmagicalplay View Post
How is that a hole in the story? You would have had to hear about it 30 minutes later for it to be true? And even if it's hyperbole whats the big deal? The news came out the next day.
It was four days after the arbitration ruling. The hole there is the claim that it was thirty minutes after the team accepted the ruling. It wasn't, it was four full days later.

03-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Sens Mile

Quote:
I thought it was just playoffs, someone needs to whio out the CBA. And I 100% would agree to claim him as a Sens fan. Michalek and Regin are done for the year and don't want to be dependent on Binghamton bodies for the rest of the year

Sens Mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 12:41 AM
Canuckle
West Coast Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
Could've stayed in BUF for a pay cut... lol
100k is a huge pay cut...at least for me.

Canuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Where in the CBA does it state this? I was under the impression that any player acquired after the "trade deadline" is not eligible to play in the playoffs but could play in the remaining regular season games. I stand to be corrected, I just can't find anything in the CBA to confirm.

If what you are saying is true, why are waivers still in effect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens mile View Post
I thought it was just playoffs, someone needs to whio out the CBA. And I 100% would agree to claim him as a Sens fan. Michalek and Regin are done for the year and don't want to be dependent on Binghamton bodies for the rest of the year
That's what the hockey heads said on the deadline show, that no other team can play him this season, only Florida.

03-08-2011, 08:29 AM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

Quote:
Problem with that story is that it wasn't half an hour after the arbitration confirmation/deal that the waiver and buyout happened....
Probably a bit of hyperbole from the source, but that's why I put that part in quotes. He did say a half-hour after he was called in to sign the contract - so we don't know exactly when pen was physically put to paper. And $900K or "whatever it was" was me just not remembering the exact amount, my mistake.

Mike Farkas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 08:49 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Crappy season but at least he will be able to finally continue his career in the NHL.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:37 AM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Well if they have more class then, the way he was treated previously. But I doubt there is any more class in the offices, then there was 6 months ago.

The chance is there to fix a horrendous injustice.
Wait, what ? Kennedy couldn't crack an NHL-roster so far this season, but us not wanting his over-priced arbitration award is a "horrendous injustice"? Really?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Cleared per McKenzie's twitter.

McKenzie also confirmed that if he was claimed, he wouldn't be able to play for his new team for the rest of this year, regular season and playoffs.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 11:50 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

the Kennedy story is both sad and funny.

Sad for the kid, but funny b/c he passed up on 800k and (likely) an NHL spot in Buffalo for 716,667 (550k from NYR plus 166,667 from the buyout this yr) to ride the bus in the minors and earn himself a 2-way deal next yr if that.

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcAirlines View Post
Wait, what ? Kennedy couldn't crack an NHL-roster so far this season, but us not wanting his over-priced arbitration award is a "horrendous injustice"? Really?
The only reason he couldn't play in the NHL this year was because of financial reasons. He's an NHL caliber player.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
The only reason he couldn't play in the NHL this year was because of financial reasons. He's an NHL caliber player.
Umm, he's basically making league minimum (well 50k above league min.).

Yes, the re-entry thing probably did play a role for call-ups (tho could he not have been an injury call-up w/o re-entry? I'm fuzzy on that part of the cap), but he the reason he didnt make the team outta camp wasnt financial. His play was/is the large reason he didnt stick in the bigs this yr

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:45 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Wish him the best, this kid deserves a shot. He didn't make the squad by a narrow margin out of camp. The Rangers have a very deep team that bring the same things to the table that Kennedy does.

The emergence of Bryan Boyle and continued efforts of Christensen and the addition of Ruslan Fedotenko pushed Kennedy to the minors.

As the injuries came Kennedy WOULD have been called up except that Rangers new that at 550k, he WOULD have been claimed. This is why NY didn't recall him and this is why Florida has waited to recall him. He's signed for this year and a RFA at the end of the season. Best of luck to him because he's playing for an NHL contract and will definitely be playing on the Panthers next season.

Last edited by vipernsx: 03-08-2011 at 05:54 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote