HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which line will Higgins play in?

View Poll Results: Which line will Higgins be in playoffs?
First line with Sedin 1 0.83%
Second line with Kesler 38 31.67%
Third line with Malhotra 31 25.83%
Fourth line 50 41.67%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-06-2011, 05:50 AM
bbud

vCash: 500
he will move around hes a 2nd 3rd line guy at times has shown 1st line ability as well wont matter where hes a solid NHL winger who can do whats asked .

bbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
He was brought in to push Raymond. Cya Raymond good luck in Manitoba.

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:18 AM
baronzilch

If Higgins looks ok at centre, I'd like to see something like this attempted:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelson
Torres-Higgins-Hansen
Glass-Malhotra-Lapierre

This seems like a competent (or better) four line attack combined with the prototypical two high scoring, one energy/punishment and one shutdown/agitation line capability when needed.

baronzilch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:06 AM
putridgasbag
Grand Poohba

vCash: 50
I'd say he starts on the 4th line and moves up and down depending on injuries and chemistry at the time. He is here to provide depth.

As for the replacing Raymond ideas why? Taking a quick look at the stats shows that Higgins has been averaging a half minute more a game and scoring at a lesser pace (.58 to .48). Higgins was ranked 5th among the Florida forwards in TOI/G 1 second a game behind Reasoner and one of the guys in front of him is Samsanov who has played 3 games for the team. Raymond ranks 7th on the Canucks. I think that there is a bit of the grass is greener on the other side working here.

putridgasbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:02 AM
AmazingNuck

Don't think the chemistry between Malhotra and Torres is as vital as people believe. Higgins is better defensively and is faster but his game is not suited to the fourth line. Hansen is a better third line winger at this point that Torres and while Torres can get hot and score, he is way too streaky but his physical game is good. He doesn't pk with Malhotra like Hansen does.. Higgins will play with Malhotra and Hansen , forming a checking line. Hansen and Higgins are fast so they can pressure offensive defensemen while Malhotra takes care of the centre.

We will see Torres-Lapierre-Glass to form the energy/physical line that was promised.

Tambellini probably won't play unless we have injuries but for those hoping Higgins will "push" Raymond, he's got a whopping 11 goals, tied with Raymond. If you are sick with raymond's inconsistency I can't imagine what you will feel with Higgins'. He is also well out-pointed by Raymond and doesn't bring more in terms of skill. And this is coming from someone who lobbied for the trading of Raymond for a better forward.

Last edited by AmazingNuck: 03-06-2011 at 11:09 AM.
AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by putridgasbag View Post
As for the replacing Raymond ideas why? Taking a quick look at the stats shows that Higgins has been averaging a half minute more a game and scoring at a lesser pace (.58 to .48). Higgins was ranked 5th among the Florida forwards in TOI/G 1 second a game behind Reasoner and one of the guys in front of him is Samsanov who has played 3 games for the team. Raymond ranks 7th on the Canucks. I think that there is a bit of the grass is greener on the other side working here.
Higgins and Raymond have both scored at an identical 39 point/82 game pace at even strength this season. Considering how much better the Canucks are and what a great linemate Kesler is to play with it's hard to say Raymond has had the more impressive offensive season to date.

IMO Raymond and Kesler have shown absolutely zero chemistry together this season. At some point Higgins will likely get a look on that 2nd line and his play will dictate which line he ends up on come playoff time.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:53 AM
JamesBond*

I think they will try Higgins in the 4th line and in the 3rd line too. If Raymond continues to struggle, maybe they will even give Higgins a shot in the 2nd line!

JamesBond* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:26 PM
VC

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alexandre Burrows
_________ - Ryan Kesler - Mikeal Samuelsson
_________ - Manny Malhotra - Jannik Hansen
_________ - Maxim Lapierre - Tanner Glass

I can see Higgins starting on the 4th but all reality he will be rotating with Raymond and Torres on a game to game, shift to shift basis until something settles

VC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Catamarca Livin

The poll is what line will Higgins play on in the playoffs.
My playoff forward lineup vs. Chicago second or third round

Sedins Burrows
Higgins Kesler Samuelsson
Torres Malhortra Hansen
Glass Lapierre Oreskovich

Raymond is invisible vs. Chicago. Chicago has fast mobile d man. It is important to take the body wear the d down low. Raymond would ruin the 3rd and the 4th lines forcheck and they would not wear down anyone. Higgins is better on the pk. Also playing 7 minutes a night i rather see Oreskovich throw 3 hits than see Raymond avoid 3 hits.

Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
jammyrft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamarca Livin View Post
The poll is what line will Higgins play on in the playoffs.
My playoff forward lineup vs. Chicago second or third round

Sedins Burrows
Higgins Kesler Samuelsson
Torres Malhortra Hansen
Glass Lapierre Oreskovich

Raymond is invisible vs. Chicago. Chicago has fast mobile d man. It is important to take the body wear the d down low. Raymond would ruin the 3rd and the 4th lines forcheck and they would not wear down anyone. Higgins is better on the pk. Also playing 7 minutes a night i rather see Oreskovich throw 3 hits than see Raymond avoid 3 hits.

this is exactly how I would dress the lineup. I think Oreskovich should be a damn LOCK on the 4th WE NEED A PHYSICAL PRESENCE. Raymond rides the pine chomping at the bit ready to replace anyone who slacks for a game.

jammyrft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:17 PM
Shareefruck

I like what Torres can do sometimes, but Higgins would turn that into a legitimately strong line. And is it just me or does it seem like Torres seems to do more when he's on the 4th?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - Lapierre - Glass

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 01:39 PM
DrChill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I like what Torres can do sometimes, but Higgins would turn that into a legitimately strong line. And is it just me or does it seem like Torres seems to do more when he's on the 4th?

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Kesler - Samuelsson
Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen
Torres - Lapierre - Glass
I agree this would be the ideal lineup going forward. When we get to physical series it might change but for now I think this would be real good

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:03 PM
NuxFan09

If taking Torres off the 3rd line doesn't decrease its effectiveness, then I would totally be in favour of a Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen line. It's just that I thought Torres' physicality was the key ingredient on that line that opened up space for Hansen and Malhotra to operate. The good news is Jannik Hansen has raised the level of his game this year to a point where he can legitimately create offense. His tenacity allows him to strip opponents of the puck and he's generally looking more comfortable and confident with the puck on his stick. Assuming this version of Hansen is here to stay, then he just might not need Torres. Higgins is a better offensive player than Torres anyway and a better defensive player.

I'm actually really intrigued to see what a Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen line could really do.

NuxFan09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 07:15 PM
jammyrft

the only problem with putting Torres on the 4th line is it greatly reduces his ice time. This posses a big problem because he is our only real physical force which in my opinion hurts us more than helps us. If AV isn't going to dress Oreskovich then we need as much Torres we can get

jammyrft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 08:52 PM
keslehr*

3rd line with Malhotra and Hansen

keslehr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:14 PM
David71

Quote:
Originally Posted by keslehr View Post
3rd line with Malhotra and Hansen
i don't mind that at all. some skill to the third line. if called upon, i think the third line can be the "secondary scoring" in case the first 2 lines cool off.

David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Raymond may have just put an end to any speculation as to where Higgins will play..... at least for the short term.

Hope he's O.K...... Higgins I mean.

Eddy Punch Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 10:26 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

My assumption is AV will float Higgins on every line at some point, even a minor shift with the Sedins. This way he can determine the level of impact he will have. If Higgins can emulate his play prior to his shoulder injury. I have no doubt he will slot in on the Kesler line, replacing Raymond. If not, then fourth line duty will be his.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Cogburn

Changing my position:

Tambo-Kesler-Sammy
Torres-Maholtra-Hansen
Glass-Lapman-Higgins

or

Higgins-Kesler-Sammy
Torres-Malhotra-Hansen
Tambo-Lapman-Glass

Accounting for Raymond.s shoulder (if he's not hurt, I don't want to risk an injury...from the one shift following the hit and his disappearance following it, I'm not holding my breath).

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 12:24 AM
mstad101

Our whole bottom 9 wingers are interchangeable and Burrows could be placed into that group as well.
As it stands only Daniel along with the centers have their positions locked in. Which creates a huge advantage to trying to adapt mid game. Pretty awesome when healthy depth.

I voted 4th line, but Higgins will play everywhere in the line up I think along with Raymond,n Tamby,

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 07:38 AM
DrChill

With Raymond possibly out he might just start on second line to help spark their offence

DrChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 01:01 PM
ferroid

Tambellini showed some good jump when put on the second line during last night's game.

If Raymond's out, I'd expect Tambellini to slot in on the second line and Higgins on the fourth.

ferroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
If taking Torres off the 3rd line doesn't decrease its effectiveness, then I would totally be in favour of a Higgins-Malhotra-Hansen line. It's just that I thought Torres' physicality was the key ingredient on that line that opened up space for Hansen and Malhotra to operate. The good news is Jannik Hansen has raised the level of his game this year to a point where he can legitimately create offense. His tenacity allows him to strip opponents of the puck and he's generally looking more comfortable and confident with the puck on his stick. Assuming this version of Hansen is here to stay, then he just might not need Torres. Higgins is a better offensive player than Torres anyway and a better defensive player.

I'm actually really intrigued to see what a Higgins - Malhotra - Hansen line could really do.
Watching the Canucks this season, I never got that impression from Torres. When Torres is going, he adds another dimension and gives Malhotra/Hansen something to work with, but I think he's been the furthest thing from the straw that stirs the drink. If anything, Hansen and Malhotra are carrying him on their back and making room for Torres most of the time.

I think Higgins on the 4th line is more of a waste than Torres on the fourth line.

Shareefruck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 10:32 AM
HiggsBroson

Chris skated with team today in Phx, possibly returning saturday.

HiggsBroson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Skead

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Samuelsson
Raymond - Malhorta - Hansen (Tambi)
Torres - Lapierre - Glass (Rypien)

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Ehrhoff
Salo - Ballard