Official 2010-2011 ticket thread (ALL ticket talk HERE) Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2011, 10:09 PM
schmautzy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
You don't want aisle seats in rows 8 and 9 of those sections. The railing from the segway will block your view of the goal I had a terrible row 8 aisle seat once for a playoff game that was awful and very obstructed.

There was no way to know that those sections would have the smallest price increase.

I was in them my first year. I made the mistake of getting a triple after we swept Montreal thinking we were going to the Cup and I could go to the big games and sell two of them to subsidize the following season. The kid next to me had bought his seats after the classic though so he was paying the same for his pair that I paid for 3. He has been lucky since; they dropped his price a lot after the bad year last year, and this year that section had the smallest price increase. Next year though his could go up to 50 while our 35's go up to 40. Who knows.
I considered those seats too, on the opposite side of the ice though. I knew they were obstructed, but considered them anyway. They probably have a high turnover rate every year. I am sure this year will be differant.
There were some good triples in the lower rows during my select a seat time last year. If i was sharing an account with two others I would have loved having them. But i couldnt swing the price alone.

Old
03-07-2011, 10:46 PM
cuse666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bauer3000 View Post
rookie mistake
Issue? Or are you just trying to be a ****** and increase your post count?

Old
03-08-2011, 07:16 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
You don't want aisle seats in rows 8 and 9 of those sections. The railing from the segway will block your view of the goal I had a terrible row 8 aisle seat once for a playoff game that was awful and very obstructed.

There was no way to know that those sections would have the smallest price increase.

I was in them my first year. I made the mistake of getting a triple after we swept Montreal thinking we were going to the Cup and I could go to the big games and sell two of them to subsidize the following season. The kid next to me had bought his seats after the classic though so he was paying the same for his pair that I paid for 3. He has been lucky since; they dropped his price a lot after the bad year last year, and this year that section had the smallest price increase. Next year though his could go up to 50 while our 35's go up to 40. Who knows.

what segway?

are we talking about rows 8-10 in the straightaway sections?

Old
03-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Bauer3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuse666 View Post
Issue? Or are you just trying to be a ****** and increase your post count?
Trying to get my post count up? Uh no I just was trying to send a pm and accidently hit reply.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:57 AM
RunFromTheBear

They should auction off seat locations for charity, wouldn't mind spending a few hundred to move into seats that I will never have to worry about moving from.

I actually think there will be quite a few cancellations due to the price increase (i considered not renewing) but those will be filled by new season ticket holders who come aboard for the playoffs instead of current holders.

Select a seat should be done in April...maybe prior to the Ottawa game. Then again for new STH or people who missed the first event after the playoffs end.

Old
03-08-2011, 09:35 AM
big sexy bruin

Can you guys help, I am looking at purchasing seasons tickets, my seats would be in Loge 15 row 17 or Loge 7 row 19. Are these good seats and if so would anyone be interested in using some games.

Thanks BSB

Old
03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Anyone in the loge interested in doing a 10 game swap for my balcony seats?

I sit in your seats and pay the difference for a few games, and you sit in mine and recoup the difference for a few games.

Old
03-08-2011, 09:51 AM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by big sexy bruin View Post
Can you guys help, I am looking at purchasing seasons tickets, my seats would be in Loge 15 row 17 or Loge 7 row 19. Are these good seats and if so would anyone be interested in using some games.

Thanks BSB
I like sitting in the corner so 15 wins that one.

I like sitting on the attack x2 side so 7 wins that one.

You have to go with your preference on viewing angle, maybe check out stubhub and see which has a higher demand if you don't plan on going to all the games.

Old
03-08-2011, 12:50 PM
SnipeCity

Rangers 3/26

Anyone have any tickets available for the Rangers game on the 26th. I'm a season ticket holder and my college roommate (from NY) is looking to come up for the game and we're looking to get some tickets for a bunch of us - all prices/sections will be considered - looking for up to 6 tickets...

Old
03-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Sec311Row6

looking for a pair of loge/lower balcony for thursdays game!

Old
03-08-2011, 02:11 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec311Row6 View Post
looking for a pair of loge/lower balcony for thursdays game!
I'll trade you for a pair of ragers or habs tix ...was surprised to look on SH just now and see the cheapest pair of balconies at $80/each and loges at $144/each. I guess the season ticket frenzy combined with the boys playing well, has the market on a up swing.

03-08-2011, 02:48 PM
RunFromTheBear

How do people do with loge? Are you able to unload all of the seats if you can't go? Do you make your money back on stubhub?

I believe the cheapest loge is double my balcony but may be worth it if I can easily get rid of them.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
How do people do with loge? Are you able to unload all of the seats if you can't go? Do you make your money back on stubhub?

I believe the cheapest loge is double my balcony but may be worth it if I can easily get rid of them.

The preseason games aside (no one sells them for more than 25-50% of face)...

I sold two games (pairs) of my $69 loge seats for $50/each. I also sold 2 pairs of them on ticketexchange at face. The rest were all sold for over face. However, you could ask 10 people and get 10 different answers. When selling tickets, timing is everything. Case and point- This Thursday's game against Buffalo. If you still have tickets for the game you will sell them for at least double face value. I just sold three $38 seats on SH for $95/per. If you sold them 2 or 3 months ago at market price you'd have gotten 10-20% over face. Similarly, if you sold all your premium games (penguins, rangers, habs, caps) in Oct/Nov you would have sold them for 50-150% less than you would be selling them for now.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:12 PM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
what segway?

are we talking about rows 8-10 in the straightaway sections?

still curious.. little help here

what sections have obstructed views of the goal?

Old
03-08-2011, 04:16 PM
Sec311Row6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post
still curious.. little help here

what sections have obstructed views of the goal?
aisle seats in row 7-9 tend to be blocked around the balcony due to the walkway entrance into the balcony and the stairwell.

http://www.seats3d.com/nhl/boston_bruins/

look at sec 305 row 8-10 here and tilt the view to the right. you'll see the bar that may hurt your view depending on which way your head is turned to look at the net.

Old
03-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:

I have had ST Loge seats for 10 years. Even when the B's were playing "not so good" I have been able to see my 2 seats. I sell for what I pay.

Good Luck.

03-08-2011, 09:22 PM
bossfan

Quote:

This is my first season with loge seats so here is my first time experience. There is such a big discount between season ticket and box office price that there is a lot of people with the same idea to sell tickets above season ticket face but below box office. Coupled with that are ticket buyers that are well aware of the huge season ticket holder discount and less willing to jump at buying tickets just because they are saving over box office. It is a lot of work selling your extras unless you have friends and acquaintances that you know will buy tickets. Be prepared to spend a good amount of time replying to craigslist posts, arranging to meet people and monitoring stubub sales. My experience is there was relatively little interest in Bruins tickets until around December so early games do not sell well unless they are a premium game. If the Red Sox are in the playoffs and World Series I would not expect October games to sell too well.

In the end I did not sell one game for less than season ticket face value. But selling the Florida, New Jersey, Minnesota type games are a struggle. I was also willing to go to only one Montreal, Washington, and Pittsburgh game so be willing to give up some better games since they sell with little effort.

What Looch said is correct. If you have the stomach to wait it out then you will do better too wait to sell games instead of putting them all up for sale early on. Looch is also an admitted re-seller so his goal is profit. Where as what I did was to determine a target price of what I want my average ticket cost to be for the number of games I go to and price my tickets to try and hit that target price. I did that and actually did a little better than the average price I set for myself.

Bottom line - the loge seats will sell for the premium games and the weekend games. The midweek games against the less interesting teams may or may not sell.

Old
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
BruinsHockey

I am looking for 2-4 tickets for the game vs New Jersey.

Old
03-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

There is a game game on 3/24. Not sure who we're playing. But a mid week game, a Thurs night...shouldn't be much demand. If anyone has a few extra they are looking to unload, let me know

Old
03-09-2011, 05:11 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
There is a game game on 3/24. Not sure who we're playing. But a mid week game, a Thurs night...shouldn't be much demand. If anyone has a few extra they are looking to unload, let me know
This one is gonna be like the matt cooke game. make sure you dont go down to the garden without tix this time.

KSMACK

Old
03-09-2011, 05:16 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I'll trade you for a pair of ragers or habs tix ...was surprised to look on SH just now and see the cheapest pair of balconies at $80/each and loges at $144/each. I guess the season ticket frenzy combined with the boys playing well, has the market on a up swing.
Maybe word got out they are giving out free st patty hats.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
This one is gonna be like the matt cooke game. make sure you dont go down to the garden without tix this time.

KSMACK

Funny. I was thinking the same thing this afternoon.

Old
03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
KennyWu

3/26

Looking for 4 tickets for 3/26, I came up in October and was able to get 3 in about the 15th row behind the net for $90 each, would i be better off waiting til the game gets closer or it won't even matter?

Right now StubHub's cheapest ones in the 10th row in the balcony for $120.

Old
03-12-2011, 09:07 AM
slim04
All Things Boston

Season Tickets

Good Morning Everyone,

Forgive me as I'm the new guy here. I just foudn the forum last weekend and think it's great.

I live in CT, but have been thinking about getting B's season tickets for a while. Obviously many of you are ST holders so I'm hoping for a little advice. Obviously I won't be able to make it to every game, and honestly I wouldn't be looking to turn a profit on the games I can't go to. I'm just tired of saying to the girlfriend (who is also a hockey fan from Minnesota) "hey we should head up to Boston for the game tonight" only to find tickets that cost 2, 3, 4 times the ticket price listed on the web or Craig's list.

So a couple of questions for the group here:

1. What areas of the Garden would you suggest for ST? We've sat in a few different areas, and I've always liked the balcony in some respects because I like seeing the plays develop, but it's also great to be in the loge and closer to the action. Maybe upper loge in the end the Bruins shoot twice is the answer?

2. As I said I can't make it to every game. Lets be honest I probably can't make it to 1/4 of the games. I've seen people say they don't have trouble unloading tickets, and I wouldn't be looking to make a huge profit. Do people find it is easier to get rid of their Loge or Balcony seats?

Finally I may need a pair of tickets for the April 9 game against Ottawa. I already have 4, but we may have some family flying in for the weekend from MN. If anyone has a pair they're not using please let me know.

Thanks all,
Jim

Old
03-12-2011, 10:48 AM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim04 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

Forgive me as I'm the new guy here. I just foudn the forum last weekend and think it's great.

I live in CT, but have been thinking about getting B's season tickets for a while. Obviously many of you are ST holders so I'm hoping for a little advice. Obviously I won't be able to make it to every game, and honestly I wouldn't be looking to turn a profit on the games I can't go to. I'm just tired of saying to the girlfriend (who is also a hockey fan from Minnesota) "hey we should head up to Boston for the game tonight" only to find tickets that cost 2, 3, 4 times the ticket price listed on the web or Craig's list.

So a couple of questions for the group here:

1. What areas of the Garden would you suggest for ST? We've sat in a few different areas, and I've always liked the balcony in some respects because I like seeing the plays develop, but it's also great to be in the loge and closer to the action. Maybe upper loge in the end the Bruins shoot twice is the answer?

2. As I said I can't make it to every game. Lets be honest I probably can't make it to 1/4 of the games. I've seen people say they don't have trouble unloading tickets, and I wouldn't be looking to make a huge profit. Do people find it is easier to get rid of their Loge or Balcony seats?

Finally I may need a pair of tickets for the April 9 game against Ottawa. I already have 4, but we may have some family flying in for the weekend from MN. If anyone has a pair they're not using please let me know.

Thanks all,
Jim
\

You might be a little late to the ST party. I've heard that balcony ST are sold out and loge is pretty close if not already sold out. Call to find out.

See my post #117. I posted my first time loge experience for selling tickets I did not use.

Closed Thread