HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sizing: Switching from Bauer/Graf to Reebok skate

Old
03-08-2011, 02:45 PM
jag009

vCash: 500
Sizing: Switching from Bauer/Graf to Reebok skate

Hi,

Are Bauer skates sized similar to that of CCM? I have a pair of Bauer 5000 in 5.5 EE (borderline fit in terms of width, front part of my foot felt pain after the game) and Graf 705 in 5.5 W (I think. can't find the markings anymore. Feels better than the bauer 5.5 EE) and am planning to switch to Reebok 10 or 11K skates. Should I go with the 5.5E? I don't think Reebok makes EE width for junior skates.

Thanks

jag009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Fleuryoutside29

I was going to make the switch from Graff back to Bauer but my friend got a pair of MLX skates. I'd never heard of them before but he said they were the best skates he's ever owned. Check them out before you make a decision. You mold them at your house so they fit all types of feet. I have a team mate who just bought them too. He said they were on sale for 599. I think thats a hell of a deal for these skates.

Fleuryoutside29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2011, 08:36 PM
vexXed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag009 View Post
Hi,

Are Bauer skates sized similar to that of CCM? I have a pair of Bauer 5000 in 5.5 EE (borderline fit in terms of width, front part of my foot felt pain after the game) and Graf 705 in 5.5 W (I think. can't find the markings anymore. Feels better than the bauer 5.5 EE) and am planning to switch to Reebok 10 or 11K skates. Should I go with the 5.5E? I don't think Reebok makes EE width for junior skates.

Thanks
On what basis are you making the switch? I can tell you the Graf 705, Bauer and RBK skates have different fits from each other. Why don't you get fitted at a shop and have someone tell you what works best for your foot. Then you will have one that has the right depth, support and width.

vexXed is offline   Reply With Quote