Old
03-08-2011, 03:58 PM
JoeIsAStud
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareoftheBear View Post
No Rask, Krejci or Kaberle?
I think he is maybe talking about the 2012 offseason where Rask and Krejci are RFA.

Assuming they do resign Kaberle and he doesn't take a ridiculous home town discount (like under 4 million). I just don't think adding another 5-6 million dollar defender is in the cards, and Yandle will likely move into that price range

Obviously there are contracts Boston could move, but hard to lock up 16-18 million a year for 3 defenseman in a salary cap NHL

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I think he is maybe talking about the 2012 offseason where Rask and Krejci are RFA.

Assuming they do resign Kaberle and he doesn't take a ridiculous home town discount (like under 4 million). I just don't think adding another 5-6 million dollar defender is in the cards, and Yandle will likely move into that price range

Obviously there are contracts Boston could move, but hard to lock up 16-18 million a year for 3 defenseman in a salary cap NHL
I honestly see no point in PHX moving a guy like Yandle, am I missing something that explains why everyone thinks PHX is just going to trade their future number one D-man and future captain when Doan retires.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:33 PM
Quezzle E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savynquick View Post
1) habs got almost nothing for Halak
2) it's a flaw in logic to think that just because both your goalies are good, that any goalie would lead the league in GAA with this system. Our goalies make crazy saves night in and night out. Maybe both goalies are just awesome

Now you have a point there. I think we can all say Thomas and Rask are highlight reel goalies, and it seems to me that this year, they are being called upon to make those amazing stops, and they are coming through.

Quezzle E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Quezzle E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksp1957 View Post
Someone plugged a trade involving him into EA Sports NHL 2011 and it succeeded. Sometimes that's all it takes.
uhh, i actually listed it as a possibility that we could explore if phoenix as a franchise continues to struggle, others have taken it and ran with it, most have come to the probable conclusion that no matter what, Phoenix doesn't move their probable franchise D-man. Just like NJ probably doesn't move their franchise winger. But those are a couple of the deals that i would throw Rask into, and considering the previously mentioned players impending rfa uncertainties we can at least entertain the idea that a blockbuster trade could, maybe, by some stroke of fairy dust luck, be discussed over a phone call by gms.

Thats why I started this thread, to get some discussion going on how much we value Rask, and so far what I have heard from others, the only players we'd be interested in trading him far are upper, upper level talent. Which is how Yandle got involved.

Old
03-08-2011, 05:39 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Why stop at Yandle? Lets hit up Ovechkin.

Jesus...Yandle will be a norris finalist this year, he's already their #1 Dman and produces at just under a point per game.

You think Phoenix will trade him to us just because he grew up in Boston? I don't ever understand this notion where people hear 1 player and get stuck on him for 4 months. Yandle was struggling when the Yandle to Boston rumor was FABRICATED and Phoenix's GM said he wouldn't be traded, since then...he's been at a point per game, a point per game.

How rediculous would you think it was if montreal started planning on getting Bergeron cause he was from Quebec, or Chicago started just assuming they could have Chara so he could play with Hossa? People here would go nuts, yet we fend off these proposals 3 or 4 times a week for unobtainable players with these crazy proposals developed in their heads that the other team wouldn't be interested in.

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 05:56 PM
RunFromTheBear

Are Ovechkin, Chara or Bergeron restricted free agents at the end of the season? Unrestricted at the end of the following?

Since when are free agents unobtainable?

RunFromTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2011, 06:11 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
Are Ovechkin, Chara or Bergeron restricted free agents at the end of the season? Unrestricted at the end of the following?

Since when are free agents unobtainable?

Old
03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelsox View Post
???

Two words: Phil Kessel

Nice argument.

Old
03-08-2011, 06:33 PM
RunFromTheBear

...and honestly I do everything I can to get Yandle before I sign Kaberle to a long term deal.

Nice to have Kaberle for a cup run but Yandle is just heading into his prime.

Would you not do the same?

Old
03-08-2011, 06:38 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
???

Two words: Phil Kessel

Nice argument.
You do realize management and yandle aren't in a pissing match against each other..as a matter of fact both are extremely happy with each other. Not a thing comparable about the kessel situation.

and again, yeah I'd rather have yandle than kaberle, just like I'd rather have crosby than krejci.

Old
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
You do realize management and yandle aren't in a pissing match against each other..as a matter of fact both are extremely happy with each other. Not a thing comparable about the kessel situation.

and again, yeah I'd rather have yandle than kaberle, just like I'd rather have crosby than krejci.
You are ridiculous.

How do you get Crosby? You can't. There is nothing the Bruins can give up that equal the value of the best player in the NHL, year in and year out.

How do you get Yandle? You can try and offer sheet him, but Coyotes most likely match. You can try and offer the Coyotes a bigger package than what they would get through compensation from restricted free agency. You can try and trade for him during next season if Coyotes are not contending. You can wait a year until he is an unrestricted free agent.

Old
03-08-2011, 07:08 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

So in a thread about winning now, were going to wait 2 years, until the off-season we need to resign krejci and task among others..already with a good chunk of players under big contracts and Seguin needing to be resigned the year after...your plan is to fit yandle in? and I'm the ridiculous one?

the sooner you realize its just not feasible, the better. especially since there isnt one single bit of thought anywhere that yandle is available..at all.

Old
03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Quezzle E

Quote:

Not going to get involved here, but kessel and the bruins weren't in a pissing match during the regular season either. It happened because kessel wanted more money then the bruins wanted to give up in his first rfa oppurtunity. If Yandle is at all available, then that will be why as well.

Old
03-08-2011, 08:54 PM
BrainOfJ
Call it a comeback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quezzle E View Post
Not going to get involved here, but kessel and the bruins weren't in a pissing match during the regular season either. It happened because kessel wanted more money then the bruins wanted to give up in his first rfa oppurtunity. If Yandle is at all available, then that will be why as well.
Kessel vs. the bruins had been going on forever, hence the healthy scratches, the weight room incident, the recchi "99% of the people in this room want to win a cup.", etc. etc.

It was mixing oil and water, everyone could see that. There's less than zero evidence of this in Phoenix...everything points to them being very happy with each other being there.

The only situation that could possibly cause this to work would be depending on relocation, and even then...it doesn't make much sense, because Phoenix/QB city will match any offer sheet, and IF he only signs a 1 year deal...then his UFA year it makes zero sense to take on a 6 million dollar contract with Rask, Krejci, and Seguin the next year to sign.